Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

I have never seen this guy play. All I know is that he played QB in 2019 and Leach moved him to receiver this year. Can anyone provide some info on his strengths/weaknesses and why he was moved by Leach? Thanks.
I know I don't question Leach when it comes to QB's.
Had decent QB numbers as a frosh. Not sure if it was all in mop up duty, but not bad for a trues freshman.
88 for 153
1170 yards
8 td 5 picks

Look, now that we know he's coming...

Fact is, we haven't had a QB survive the full season while Babers has been here.

Regardless of who starts, history suggests we're going to see at least 2 QBs play next season.

Now at least those QBs will be from a group that includes a guy with a lot of ACC starts, a guy with SEC starts, and a guy with a couple ACC starts.

That's a healthier group.
Absolutely, 100%, all of this

I could not give this post any more likes. In most years, we need than one QB. And half the years we need 3

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Dillon or Jacobion transferring, I am really high on Morgan being a starter in a year or two

Look, now that we know he's coming...

Fact is, we haven't had a QB survive the full season while Babers has been here.

Regardless of who starts, history suggests we're going to see at least 2 QBs play next season.

Now at least those QBs will be from a group that includes a guy with a lot of ACC starts, a guy with SEC starts, and a guy with a couple ACC starts.

That's a healthier group.
Good post

He turned down Louisville and VT. Places he could have started at. He is not coming here to watch Tommy. He still has to prove he is better. I just think it will take a lot for him not to get the nod.
One thing we know for sure is he`s not afraid of the competition and that's a good thing. He's got Lamsom to beat as well. Kudos to the staff.

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Dillon or Jacobion transferring, I am really high on Morgan being a starter in a year or two
We can't worry about guys lower on the depth chart transferring when we bring in guys to solidify depth on the two deep.

Plus, I have to believe 'Ssippi and Tex know the score. They're here to compete.

Buttgers fans already speculating Tommy is going to hit the portal.

Tommy still has first crack at job let this kid play some series or mix him in . We cant be in a position with one experienced QB again going into the season.

Very interesting and good thing for Syracuse University Football. A transfer coming in with a giant chip on his shoulder and something he feels he needs to prove verses a young man who has been listening to every arm chair quarterback expert on this forum dissect all his perceived short comings for two years. Suffice to say his pilot light has been turned up with todays news. Would love to be a fly in the quarterback room and at practices this next spring and fall. The real winner today is Syracuse University Football. May the best quarterback win. Go Orange!
Hopefully it means 1st down won't always be a dive in the middle, and they tried some option, but our QB's can't run. Gives our OC some more plays he can run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom