Class of 2019 - QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Garrett Shrader (NC) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/19/20)

Yeah I don’t think TD transfers at this point, he has a real inside edge on that starting role.

However, let’s not fool ourselves, DB and company brought this kid in to fight for the starting role.

This is the best thing to happen to this program right now. It also gives me a little confidence that Dino is truly working to right this ship and right it fast.

I think we got the best available beard in the portal.

1608473541457.jpeg

Last edited:
College coaches continued to be intrigued by his size (Shrader is 6-4 1/2, 200 pounds without shoes; about 6-6 with them on) and his athleticism (Shrader can run a 4.5-second 40 yard dash and has a 38-inch vertical leap).Nov 9, 2017

He got up sooooo high on that helicopter hit!!!

Watched him in his 2019 games: some fumbles, some bad interceptions, some holding the ball too long and getting tackled for a loss when he had time to throw it away. Despite the bad things I saw, his will to win just jumped off the screen, if such a thing is possible. Truly reminded me of Dungey+++. Those frustrating traits he (Dungey) had, but his amazing will to win and the effect it had on those around him. This guy is a winner and I can't wait to see him play for the Orange!

He has protection against concussions everywhere. Huge advantage over the beardless QBs.

I think you gotta respect a guy that will throw on some jorts and that beard. Really, the guy was made for Mississippi (or upstate NY).

Now, if I looked like this:
1608473939506.jpeg

I probably would not choose to look like this, but that’s his business, and I respect his choices.
1608473983161.jpeg

I think you gotta respect a guy that will throw on some jorts and that beard. Really, the guy was made for Mississippi (or upstate NY).

View attachment 193243

I probably would not choose to look like this, but that’s his business, and I respect his choices.
View attachment 193244

Yo this man probably slays. He’s going to love the coeds at Syracuse.

View attachment 193243

View attachment 193244
FRoGLeGS
Formerly Really Good Looking Garrett Shrader

Yeah I don’t think TD transfers at this point, he has a real inside edge on that starting role.

However, let’s not fool ourselves, DB and company brought this kid in to fight for the starting role.

This is the best thing to happen to this program right now. It also gives me a little confidence that Dino is truly working to right this ship and right it fast.

In all seriousness and Im not trying to be an ass here do you worry that Dino isn’t trying to right the ship fast meaning viable visible progress next year? maybe I just don’t understand. I still Think he weathers this storm but hes got work to do

In all seriousness and Im not trying to be an ass here do you worry that Dino isn’t trying to right the ship fast meaning viable visible progress next year? maybe I just don’t understand. I still Think he weathers this storm but hes got work to do
It looks like the deal is bowl or bust, which is good.

This is nonsensical argument coming off of the season we just had

They recruited him to have 2 ACC caliber QBs on the roster. That’s it. The whole thing IMO

Then that would be damning over the recruits they brought in before.

Still believe this is about what Tommy hasn’t shown first and foremost.

I honestly think you will se visible progress next season with this pick up. It challenges Tommy which is what he needs to progress. It also gives us someone to legit play if Tommy isn’t doing well. And he will be around for a couple years.

It also allows Lamson and the other qbs time to develop. Which will, we hope, progress into more wins.

He got up sooooo high on that helicopter hit!!!

Watched him in his 2019 games: some fumbles, some bad interceptions, some holding the ball too long and getting tackled for a loss when he had time to throw it away. Despite the bad things I saw, his will to win just jumped off the screen, if such a thing is possible. Truly reminded me of Dungey on steroids. Those frustrating traits he had, but his amazing will to win and the effect it had on those around him. This guy is a winner and I can't wait to see him play for the Orange!

Yep. He’s got flaws just like ED and TD - but he does some things really really well.

Then that would be damning over the recruits they brought in before.

Still believe this is about what Tommy hasn’t shown first and foremost.

I don’t think JaCobian and Tex are ready - not that they can’t be an ACC caliber starter.

I think it’s about a gap in our recruiting and injuries detailing the position in all except 1 of Dino’s 5 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom