Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quade over the combination of the 3 is what is laughable. Quade coming in could also upset chemistry and force Goodine to decommitt. No thanks.

Then he decommits. That is the world we live in. On the other hand we can stand pat, have Carey blow up and leave, then we're short handed again. We need to bring in players, use them and let the playing time sort itself out, not try to solve it based on roster projections two years out.

I'm all in.

2019-2020
Carey
Goodine
Buddy
HoWash
Quade

Yes, please.

Hughes can play forward, since apparently that's where he's been practicing since transferring in.

If Carey blows up and leaves after 1 year, we have a 5-star replacement with two years of college under his belt.

The concern is the logjam and at least 3-4 of those guys would be deserving of minutes. Not sure about HW. The biggest problem is our system for when we have a guard log jam. We can only play 2 of these guys at once (outside of foul trouble or when we're down trying to come back) because of the zone. It's hard to see Quade wanting to come here knowing that, no?

But hey, maybe the minutes won't be such an issue:
Carey 25
Goodine 20
Buddy 15
Quade 20
Hughes at Forward

That probably isn't going to work though. If we could run a lineup with Quade, Carey and Buddy/Goodine, that'd be ideal, but it's not happening.

So, from the number of posts already made, it looks a number of the people on this board are ready to take the roller coaster ride again with Quade.

Personally, the last time around was too much for me. One of the attractions from the last time we recruited Quade was the number of "top recruits" that wanted to play with him. That is not happening this time.

Let the roller coaster roll but don't waste the time wishing/wanting him to play here. If it happens then okay and if it does not, even better okay.

Poster A, all the time on any thread about anything: "We suck! JB can't coach and Gerri can't recruit! Our talent is the worst!"

Also Poster A: "You guys said this guy was bad at Kentucky and now you want him?!"

Trollin'
Poster A: We need to change our approach to recruiting. We have not recruited a quality point guard, successfully, since Ennis.

Also poster A: Nah Quade Green had his chance and Goodine will be better.

At times like this with various options on the board (i.e., 5th year transfers, regular transfers like Quade), as fans we just have to have faith/trust that Boeheim will make the right calls. There are so many moving parts and possible fall outs for future recruiting classes. I think that his priority right now is next years recruiting class where high level recruits are in play, and it is a balancing act with what to do with remaining spots for '18...

I want Green too. But not at the expense of Goodine for many reasons.
I think we should make Quade wait & only take him if Goodine doesn't sign for any reason, if it is really an either/or situation.

At times like this with various options on the board (i.e., 5th year transfers, regular transfers like Quade), as fans we just have to have faith/trust that Boeheim will make the right calls. There are so many moving parts and possible fall outs for future recruiting classes. I think that his priority right now is next years recruiting class where high level recruits are in play, and it is a balancing act with what to do with remaining spots for '18...

Jimbo has 4 years left to coach, I would hope he's concentrating on winning as many games as possible within those years. If he can get a guy that is going to help him win more games in 2019 and 2020 then I imagine he'd jump on it.

I want Green too. But not at the expense of Goodine for many reasons.
The trickle down could effect guys like Whitney (who is going to be a great college player) and Guerrier and everyone else down the line.

Im not worried about a 5 star nba prospect with 2 years in college making us lose a commitment. I want to win. Hes proven he’s a quality commodity.

Gunna post some highlights from his season so we can have a better discussion. Not saying green set the world on fire as a freshman but I think some people on here think he had s horrible season and that is the farthest thing from the truth. There is a lot to like about his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom