Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was benched. He stuck it out. Now he's starting and reaching his potential. What does QG give us that Frank doesn't?

We also might have had an extra guard on the roster that could've filled a huge hole if he was such a leader prior to this season.

He was benched. He stuck it out. Now he's starting and reaching his potential. What does QG give us that Frank doesn't?
There's a lot more to his story than just being upset over the benching. And Frank won't even be here when Quade would be eligible to play. So that's a moot point. We should be arguing what QG would give us over HW, Brycen Goodine, and Carey (assuming he's still here in '19-20).

We also might have had an extra guard on the roster that could've filled a huge hole if he was such a leader prior to this season.
Frank persevered through adversity. That was my point. He was thinking about the team, not always himself. He wanted to get better, understood what his role was, made the commitment and it paid off. Speculating about who we might have had if he had been better earlier is not the point. He was a 4-star late to develop. And that's fine. At least he stood by his commitment and rode out the tough times. He was an asset to the team this year, when we really needed him. And while he didn't have a great tournament, he's back next year for us.

There's a lot more to his story than just being upset over the benching. And Frank won't even be here when Quade would be eligible to play. So that's a moot point. We should be arguing what QG would give us over HW, Brycen Goodine, and Carey (assuming he's still here in '19-20).
Frank will be gone, true. But there will be other good prospects interested in the 'Cuse. I used Frank as an example because he wasn't a high-ego 5-star surrounded by a recruiting circus. He was a 4-star kid who might not have been as game-ready, but persevered through adversity, stuck it out and came through for us in his junior year. There's a lesson there. He put team first, didn't mind going to class, wasn't star struck by payola/Pay-Pal, one/done semi-pro fake university nonsense. I'll take 3 kids like him over QG, who I don't really feel is a good fit anyway. JB likes taller kids for the zone for closeouts, unless he's all-world (he's not), a 5'11 kid is a back up. And I don't think QG sees himself as a back-up. But I'm not wishing the kid ill or anything. It's not like I think he should burn in hell. I just don't think he's a fit for SU.

and he visited campus at least 8-9 times. until WWW entered the picture, it sure as hell looked like he was a lock
Yep. UK might have offered but they offer 5-stars robotically. UK wasn't even on his radar (according to him) all through his recruitment until TY announced he was waiting 'til Spring. Then Pay-Pal suddenly got all hot and bothered and Green flipped like a canary sings. I mean, UK and SU are nothing alike. Completely different playing, coaching and program philosophy. If he didn't want to go to class and preferred hanging out with WWW instead of college kids, fine. But don't expect us to come running back to him thinking he's got a new world view just because he doesn't like the way Cal's treating him. The way I see it, he's lucky to have gotten 25 mpg. Decent shooter, sure. But he's got 4 other 5 stars on the floor drawing attention. He's also nothing special getting to the rim -- seems very tentative to me. So I don't see the attraction. BOL to him. Maybe he's interested in the G-League.

I think JB will take a pass. We won't get Goodine and Quade. Quade isn't going to sit a year to play behind Goodine. QG will want a quarantee like Cal gave him. Goodine will immediately de-commit. Regardless of what some of you saw, Green didn't play very well. The team looked COMPLETELY better with Alexander. I wish we got Alexander. We can't sacrifice losing Goodine. The kid can play. It's a no-brainer, not worth the drama at all.

do i have to go through 8 pages of this? is there anything legit or na?

don't waste your time. heres a summary--quade may transfer. some say take him because hes a 5* kid who was decent his first year. the others say he has bad character for leading us on and is too short for the zone anyways.

then theres this crazy idea that if we took quade, goodine would not sign, which is just ludicrous since they don't play the same position.

F35DFF03-FF21-4DC5-B856-030462088999.gif

don't waste your time. heres a summary--quade may transfer. some say take him because hes a 5* kid who was decent his first year. the others say he has bad character for leading us on and is too short for the zone anyways.

then theres this crazy idea that if we took quade, goodine would not sign, which is just ludicrous since they don't play the same position.

Well since he’s been playing more and more PG with another HS year in front of him and JB telling him he’ll be a PG here, I’d say they play the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom