Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green looked like a 5’11” shooting guard at UK this year. He couldn’t get in the lane at all.

He didn't really look like a PG to me in any of the 6 or 7 UK games I saw this year.

That said, after a year with *ZERO* guard depth, I think it would be foolish to turn down a kid who was pretty good as a freshman. He definitely has some skills and you can bet that JB would do a better job of showcasing him than Cal did.

Any chance he could go G-league?

11/16
Quade Green to Gerry McNamara: ‘I broke his heart today. Had to do what I had to do’
Green’s reason for choosing Kentucky was simple: head coach John Calipari told him he would be the starting point guard as a freshman. “That was the only pitch to me,” Green said, adding that it beckoned him enough to choose UK over a program that was among the first to offer him.

Quade Green 2017-18 Game Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
He started 13 of 34 games and came off the bench in the last 19 straight.

He didn't really look like a PG to me in any of the 6 or 7 UK games I saw this year.

That said, after a year with *ZERO* guard depth, I think it would be foolish to turn down a kid who was pretty good as a freshman. He definitely has some skills and you can bet that JB would do a better job of showcasing him than Cal did.

He really wasn’t. SGA basically took over the gig and was a BEAST.

th

I thought he stunk this year.

Seems like a much better fit for Villanova, considering how short and stocky he is.

He really wasn’t. SGA basically took over the gig and was a BEAST.

Agreed, SGA was really impressive towards the end of the season.

Amazing.

Cannot wait for this to pick up. Last year the talk was about how good he could be, then when he went to UK suddenly and people watched him, the talk was about how overmatched he was and we were fine, and now everyone can back track to square 1.

Good theatre.
"Everyone" he says.

If he wants to come here fine...no problem but it’s on our terms this time. No promises or guarantees. You’ll have to earn your playing time. If that’s too much for you QG...so sad...moving on.

If you do wear Orange I’ll cheer for you just like any other player that puts on our uniform and steps on the court.

If he does decide to come here staff has to remind he doesn't get a bag like he got through WWW and PayPalCal.

I'd be happy if he was on the team, but I don't see where there's a lot of room for him in 2019-20 with sophs Carey & Boeheim, frosh Goodine, Jr. Washington, and Senior RS junior Hughes.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if he was on the team, but I don't see where there's a lot of room for him in 2019-20 with a soph Carey & Boeheim, frosh Goodine, Jr. Washington, and Senior Hughes.

Hughes would be a Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors