Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take him but the year he would come off redshirt we have pretty good guard depth. Carey, Boeheim, Goodine, Washington. I know things could change. Carey could blow up and leave but I'm not sure that he would view this as the best situation for him. This year proved you can never have too much guard depth. Regarding Hughes there is a good chance he plays the 3 the majority of the time.

Ok then. So, we should forget about the bag of cash a UK booster probably gave him. And we should be oblivious to the fact that he pissed in our faces and rushed to Pay-Pal at the last minute ... all because you think it's cool? I mean, it's in the past. But we don't need tiny guards, and even if we did, we should be recruiting sincere kids that can be trusted. BOL.

Just like you said. It's in the past. If hes willing to buy in then I would absolutely take him.

But come on with this "recruiting sincere kids who can be trusted." By that logic we should never have taken the commitments from Devendorf, Battle, or Bazley (OK got me on that one) because they didn't honor their orginal commitments, which in my book should indicate a lack of trustworthiness.

Just like you said. It's in the past. If hes willing to buy in then I would absolutely take him.

But come on with this "recruiting sincere kids who can be trusted." By that logic we should never have taken the commitments from Devendorf, Battle, or Bazley (OK got me on that one) because they didn't honor their orginal commitments, which in my book should indicate a lack of trustworthiness.
I recognize that kids, even sincere ones, can have a change of heart. I wondered about Bazely de-committing once, but it didn't seem like a character issue because the coach (Matta) was fired. In Battle's case, he liked SU but chose another school ... ok. It's not like he told us he was coming and then bailed at the last second under shady circumstances like Quade Green did. That WAS a character problem, and I want nothing to do with him or the whole WWW/Pay-Pal circus. We can do better, and taller. PASS.

Last edited:
Posting on page 4 before there are over 30 pages here...

My opinion? Hell yes bring him on. As somebody above said, FH will be gone, Carey could be gone (if he's one-and-done), EH, Bryce, Howard Washington and Buddy would be our guards. QG would probably earn PT over all of them.

Would be great to have him this year. Could commit EH further to the 3 and brissett split with the 4.

Our forwards issue would be fake figured out.

Want him you bet, saw him several times this year watching Kentucky. The kid can dish the ball and has a very respectable shot from 3. Hurt when he went to the dark side. He may now be ready to come out of the darkness and into the beautiful ORANGE LIGHT !! Let hope he sees the light !!

I never saw him play at Kentucky. The knock on the d-side is that he's too 'short' for zone? Were Allen Griffin and Johnny Flynn that bad at it? Can he penetrate on offense to mitigate the defense damage?

Whatever faults he displayed at Kentucky, are they correctable? With a year off, does he have the skills and work ethic and bIQ to develop? What's the ceiling?

I'm not angry about him spurning us at the last minute. My memory is too short for that. I prolly shouldn't revisit the old threads—i have a feeling i felt differently then. I do remember not subscribing to the accusations that he was bought by WWW at MSG, though. He chose what he thought was a better situation. That all said, with the Bazeley shocker, i kinda feel like a wounded cat. How do you trust anything (commitments) anymore, especially from those who have committed elsewhere. But, we have to get over that, and we're going to have amazing things happen to us with Hughes, and some pretty fantastic things happened to us with Silent G, so... yeah, why not. I'm not super confident HowWa is going to be here for the duration.

I'm far from an expert, but I didn't think he looked very good when I saw him play for UK. At the same time, I also don't think Coach Cal had one of his better years coaching, so it very well may be a chicken/egg type scenario.

I thought he did look good, just was playing out of position, when he was given a chance, he looked alright, the guy can play, he is very good, Nick Richards played less than 10 minutes in the game they lost in the tourney, i would not be surprised to see him transfer out
QG would be a welcome addition and a huge positive.
If we have a good season and make a run in the tourney, Carey & Oshae are gone.

In order for this thing to surpass the original, we would need certain former characters to return... Which we know ain't happening.

As for Quade, I did think he was pretty disappointing. With that said he was off the ball a lot and that was never his game or what we were excited about when we wanted him. His ability to manage a game a la Tyler Ennis paired with a decent shot was the allure.

If the kid comes, has a whole year to learn the ropes and become orange I can roll with that. I would have to imagine he was humbled quite a bit. Plus, let's get back into having a Philly kid balling out for us to keep us relevant in Nova territory and the good luck we have had when a Philly pg was helping to run the show...

So the kid who Calipari told he could get to the NBA in 2 years - is transferring after his freshman year from Calipari, to sit for a whole year without playing, just to be able to play somewhere else?

Color me shocked

I have heard from 3 other soucrces green wants to come to cuse. stay tune comrades......

We're set at guard.

Is he all paid up? Since he won't be one and done or even two and done in that scenario is there another bag that is going to be due in order to attract his interest?

If we consider him what does it mean for our eggs and the number of baskets available to hold said eggs?

Last edited:
Cuse fans getting into this thread, a second time:
C4HKVHHXUAAhOKR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online