Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was him, I'd hightail it out of Lexington. Besides being over recruited already(Quickley), the fact they are now persuing Hagans does not bode well for Quade. Cal likes to play with his new shiny toys much more than his older ones. If they land Hagans, I'm sure he would be promised a starting role just as Green was last season. Quade would be lucky to get 15 mpg.

We're set at guard.

Is he all paid up? Since he won't be one and done or even two and done in that scenario is there another bag that is going to be due in order to attract his interest?

If we consider him what does it mean for our eggs and the number of baskets available to hold said eggs?
Actually by the time Quade would be eligible we’d only have Washington and Carey (so far); and I guess Hughes

Green and Carey would be lethal offensively. Not sure about defense though

I've seen multiple posts on the main forum after games about how bad he is. Some of you are amazing.

He definitely wasn't that good. Doesn't mean he can't be if playing the right position. As a 5 star kid with one and done or two and done expectations he wasn't anywhere near where expected.

As the year went on he did improve and then took a backseat to a much better overall player in Shai. A mandatory redshirt year and a little humility and the kid might be worth bringing in as I noted above.

One thing that still stands out I worry about is defensively he is poor laterally. Could be a pretty weak defender up top and not sure if that improves much. Cal gets his kids to defend well if he does anything in development. Didn't see anything different from Quade than what was evident on his HS tape.

Remember, Gbinije wasn’t overly impressive at Duke

Quade might have had a rough year but that's because Calipari is a terrible coach. Quade can go pound salt now though. Cary, Goodine, Washington are > than Green. Plus you still have to deal with the bag of cash he got from Cal.

I'm so confused why final judgment is made on every player after their freshman year nowadays. Most kids barely even touched the court as freshman unless they were special for the longest time. Now everyone decides that Quade is garbage after a season, Moyer was garbage. There's reasons why the teams in the final four are loaded with upperclassmen every year and the teams loaded with Freshman crap the bed. Physically and mentally mature 21/22 year olds will almost always beat out 18 year olds except in cases with the very elite 1% like Anthony Davis that only come around every few years.

Quade is far from a finished product and the potential he showed by playing major minutes in the SEC as a freshman shows how great he could be by the time he's a RS SO/JR wherever he goes. I can't see how any PG recruit we bring in in 2019 or 2020 has a shot to be as good of a player as Quade is during those seasons. Will they be longer and a better fit in the zone? Probably. Will they contribute more to winning actual basketball games? Highly unlikely.

But that's all probably pointless because we sure love 6'4+ guards that can't shoot and take a couple years to develop a handle and then leave as soon their actual basketball skills start to catch up to their athletic potential and we never get to take advantage of it.

Quade might have had a rough year but that's because Calipari is a terrible coach. Quade can go pound salt now though. Cary, Goodine, Washington are > than Green. Plus you still have to deal with the bag of cash he got from Cal.

Carey over Quade is arguable. Goodine might potentially be better that Quade but if you need one on the floor running the point in 2019 and 2020 I don't see how there is any question who would contribute more to winning actual games. Washington over Quade is just laughable.

Remember, Gbinije wasn’t overly impressive at Duke

K rarely played him. Gbinjie turned out to be one of the better SU players from 2010-present by the time he was done here. A depth move, plus development bodes well for both parties.

On what planet is Washington better than Green? I understand that many here are still angry with how he left SU at the altar, but let's be real here.

Goodine and Carey are not true point guards, aka what our fanbase has been primarily complaining about recruiting wise since the demise of Kaleb. I think they can both succeed competing with eachother at the 2 and some time at the 1 depending on what our team needs.

Quade’s competition for time would be Howard Washington. You really think, from what we’ve seen, that you can definitively say we dont need Quade because Washington’s better?

I'm so confused why final judgment is made on every player after their freshman year nowadays. Most kids barely even touched the court as freshman unless they were special for the longest time. Now everyone decides that Quade is garbage after a season, Moyer was garbage. There's reasons why the teams in the final four are loaded with upperclassmen every year and the teams loaded with Freshman crap the bed. Physically and mentally mature 21/22 year olds will almost always beat out 18 year olds except in cases with the very elite 1% like Anthony Davis that only come around every few years.

Quade is far from a finished product and the potential he showed by playing major minutes in the SEC as a freshman shows how great he could be by the time he's a RS SO/JR wherever he goes. I can't see how any PG recruit we bring in in 2019 or 2020 has a shot to be as good of a player as Quade is during those seasons. Will they be longer and a better fit in the zone? Probably. Will they contribute more to winning actual basketball games? Highly unlikely.

But that's all probably pointless because we sure love 6'4+ guards that can't shoot and take a couple years to develop a handle and then leave as soon their actual basketball skills start to catch up to their athletic potential and we never get to take advantage of it.

I was going to say that the fact that quade didn’t look incredible as a frosh may be the reason he’s so intriguing to pursue. The next time he touched the floor, if he transfers, he would be a third-year player. We don’t see see a lot of third-year guys. Add to that the fact that there’s a decent chance he could be a fourth-year player and that would have to be an attractive gamble.

Goodine and Carey are not true point guards, aka what our fanbase has been primarily complaining about recruiting wise since the demise of Kaleb. I think they can both succeed competing with eachother at the 2 and some time at the 1 depending on what our team needs.

Quade’s competition for time would be Howard Washington. You really think, from what we’ve seen, that you can definitively say we dont need Quade because Washington’s better?

That's such a bonkers thought that its hard to think it was serious. Washington was a last second recruit that most people didn't want taking up a scholarship including the coaching staff until there was no one else left, he barely got minutes until it was absolutely necessary and then blew out his knee. But now he's superior to Green. HA!!!!!!!

Grown dudes still so butthurt over an 18 year old kids college decision that they would rather have inferior players take up minutes because of their poor feelings.

Carey over Quade is arguable. Goodine might potentially be better that Quade but if you need one on the floor running the point in 2019 and 2020 I don't see how there is any question who would contribute more to winning actual games. Washington over Quade is just laughable.

Quade over the combination of the 3 is what is laughable. Quade coming in could also upset chemistry and force Goodine to decommitt. No thanks.

K rarely played him. Gbinjie turned out to be one of the better SU players from 2010-present by the time he was done here. A depth move, plus development bodes well for both parties.

On what planet is Washington better than Green? I understand that many here are still angry with how he left SU at the altar, but let's be real here.
True but what freshman, outside top 5 recruits, is really ready to take the helm at Kentucky or Duke as the point guard on a team full of other freshman auditioning for the NBA?

Our coach is better, our system is better.

Grown dudes still so butthurt over an 18 year old kids college decision that they would rather have inferior players take up minutes because of their poor feelings.

Everyone knows your character is fully formed by the time you're 16. If he made a bad decision at 17 then you know hes a shtty person for life.

Quade over the combination of the 3 is what is laughable. Quade coming in could also upset chemistry and force Goodine to decommitt. No thanks.

Are other people just going to cease to exist if an actual point guard comes in? Especially since neither of the 2 that most of us care about are even actual PGs?

No I don't think Washington is better than Quade. I think the sum is greater than the part. People don't pay attention. JB seems to prefer interchangeable combo guards who can do both rather than 'just a pg' unless that kid is a dynamic scorer like Johnny Flynn.

JB wants guards who can get to the tin, create, draw and dump, score. It's not sexy but Scoop and Triche are the benchmark.

I'm not so sure we'd bring Quade in unless he's a fit for the current roster and commits.

Last edited:
Everyone knows your character is fully formed by the time you're 16. If he made a bad decision at 17 then you know hes a shtty person for life.

I made some moves in the female relationship department around that age that I'm glad didn't define my character for life.

the reading comprehension around here makes me wonder

My concern with Quade is he is 5"11" and you know zone. We saw how that worked with Gillon. I'm sure he will get better offensively, but yeah ZONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom