Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is that I'm going to sound like a raging hypocrite to my GF after I spent a yr cursing his name and giving the tv double birds every time the little rat bastard stepped on the court. Maybe I can convince her its a different Quade Green that i miraculously love now :)
Oh, don't worry. She already thinks you're a raging hypocrite. This would change nothing.;)

Take him.

Then pull the scholly the day before school starts.

How's that?

Seriously, I would take him, but only if he knows and accepts he could very well be a backup and that Goodine is Plan A at PG. Any chemistry issues would immediately land him in the doghouse or out of the program. Basically, if he wants the SU degree then OK. If he wants the NBA, call Jay Wright.
I ask this again - why is Goodine our plan A at PG his first season here? We'll either have HW or Jalen Carey here still too. I didn't foresee him leapfrogging either one of them his freshman year, so why should we worry if QG leapfrogs him as plan A that year? I just don't understand why we would promise a high 3 star/low 4 star guy starter minutes his freshman year. So why would he be upset and decommit over this? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Time to put your money where your mouth is
Put 'em in a field and let 'em fight it out

Was looking through Quade's twitter feed and he liked a tweet that the verified Syracuse Basketball account tweeted after we beat MSU... Could be grasping at nothing here but that is a positive sign I hope

I ask this again - why is Goodine our plan A at PG his first season here? We'll either have HW or Jalen Carey here still too. I didn't foresee him leapfrogging either one of them his freshman year, so why should we worry if QG leapfrogs him as plan A that year? I just don't understand why we would promise a high 3 star/low 4 star guy starter minutes his freshman year. So why would he be upset and decommit over this? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe our coaching staff thinks Goodine is (a lot) better than "a high 3 star/low 4 star guy".

In response to Vorony, I think the dominoes fall like this.

Buddy is a SG and the speculation is pops will be wanting to get him some minutes. Goodine may in fact be a better SG than PG, but in 2019-2020 we already got Hughes at SG (barring he pulls a Wes) and if Jalen Carey is still here and playing PG, then that possibly pushes Goodine to SG as well. Now if Quade is ALSO here at PG then possibly that pushes Jalen to SG for a few minutes per game. See the logjam (and Buddy getting squeezed out)? Goodine at PG frees up more minutes at SG.

And what about Howard Washington? If he redshirts next year then he still has 3 more years with little chance of PT. Now if Carey is OAD then things clear out a bit but would not plan on this at all. And Quade pushing Goodine to SG could also influence Canadian SG Quincy Guerrier to NOT come to Syracuse. IMO the ultimate 2019 class is Goodine PG/SG, Guerrier SG, Kahlil Whitney SF, Isiah Stewart PF, and a center like Akok or better or Carrigan after JUCO.

I think everyone is just saying make sure goodine is good with it before we do it. As he is more important to us.

And if he says no, we tell Green to enjoy Villanova?

(I'm sure he will)

I’ve heard you say it over and over again about the height. Who cares if he’s not 6’4. Arguably 3 of our top 5 pg’s in school history were around 6 feet tall (Douglas, Flynn and GMac). Quade is a baller. If he wants to come here we take him. He will only make Goodine better.

You can hold the his commitment to UK over his head but don’t all people make mistakes? I think he’s realized that he made a huge one and wants out. Wherever he goes he’s going to have to pay the price by sitting out a year. If he truly wants to be a part of the SU family I will welcome him with open arms. Kids make mistakes and he’s learning from it.
Let's see what shakes out. I'm not losing sleep over him. He dissed us, and it'll take a while to wash off the UK stink. But I watched clips of him and he can play. The questions for me are: First, will we have roster space, with 4 or 5 guards already committed or returning ... Carey (?) Buddy, Hughes, HW and Goodine? Second, can he do what WE need him to do, which is play point? In that role, offensively I wonder if he can repeat his 37% performance (which is really good) on a team that doesn't have a bunch of 5-stars to space the floor, and is he athletic enough to get to the rim (and finish) any better than Carey (if he stays), Goodine or our existing (taller) 4-star guys? Third, defensively does he have the size and quickness to pinch the middle and close out on shooters and bother them? Fourth, does he have the "team-first" attitude that he would need at SU, playing up top mostly or even coming off the bench? And fifth, can he make other people around him better (<3 assists in 25 mpg)? Those are legitimate questions based on his role at UK, which was limited to catch-and-shoot 2G. So it's not just the bad odor of UK and how he treated us. It's whether he's worth the turbulence adding him would cause to the roster. But I'll try to keep an open mind and see what happens. No doubt he's a good player.

Last edited:

Buddy is a SG and the speculation is pops will be wanting to get him some minutes. Goodine may in fact be a better SG than PG, but in 2019-2020 we already got Hughes at SG (barring he pulls a Wes) and if Jalen Carey is still here and playing PG, then that possibly pushes Goodine to SG as well. Now if Quade is ALSO here at PG then possibly that pushes Jalen to SG for a few minutes per game. See the logjam (and Buddy getting squeezed out)? Goodine at PG frees up more minutes at SG.

And what about Howard Washington? If he redshirts next year then he still has 3 more years with little chance of PT. Now if Carey is OAD then things clear out a bit but would not plan on this at all. And Quade pushing Goodine to SG could also influence Canadian SG Quincy Guerrier to NOT come to Syracuse. IMO the ultimate 2019 class is Goodine PG/SG, Guerrier SG, Kahlil Whitney SF, Isiah Stewart PF, and a center like Akok or better or Carrigan after JUCO.

Hughes will be a SF on the squad starting next year, don't see him playing guard unless we're desperate. Carey has a decent chance of being a one and done. And on the chance he does stay for his sophomore year, I'll fantasize and say Goodine/Green/Carey/Buddy will be our best group of guards since the 2012 team :)

Maybe Buddy will get Boeheimed?

Crazy that our perennial bubble team could tell a 5-star PG, a position we've been devoid at for years, thanks but no thanks and watch him go play for the National champs.

If only we could play a 3-guard lineup like every other team in the country...

This is all good except for akok isn't a center. Unless you meant jon bol ajak who is a 6'10 pf?

Crazy that our perennial bubble team could tell a 5-star PG, a position we've been devoid at for years, thanks but no thanks and watch him go play for the National champs.

If only we could play a 3-guard lineup like every other team in the country...
40 minutes of zone baby zone......

This is all good except for akok isn't a center. Unless you meant jon bol ajak who is a 6'10 pf?
Akok, Ajak, why not both. You know how Boeheim do. Tall, skinny, jumps out to block corner 3s knowing he won't get there in time but at least has succeeded in abandoning perfect defensive rebounding position so that pesky 6'5" white SF on the other team can get another garbage stick back.

He can’t get playing time at UK why does he think he will be a huge factor playing for the national champs?

Doesn't seem to be a lot of smoke here. Twitter is quiet except for one pimple popper. Nothing new on UK board, just a bunch of complaints about the one and done culture (irony?).

His UK pro day numbers are amazing...ly bad. He was the 2nd "fattest", the slowest, has the lowest vertical, and the 2nd weakest. This after a season of college. I'm not sure what this says but it seems to speak of something.

I...don’t have an issue with that.
Sour grapes fellas. Had we not put all our eggs in one basket we’d have signed someone like jelly dimes, told Q sorry too late, and this wouldn’t be awkward at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom