Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

That's my denial. ;-)

If a Sr. Year offer, you'd think they'd check on his academics first, as he'd have to be registered with the NCAA clearing house.
First semester grades weren't up yet.

First semester grades weren't up yet.
Wow. If he knew he needed the grades in Sept(he would have)... Holy crap, WT Flub and every other expletive you can throw out.

I sometimes forget that it's more important for some kids to play on their phones in study hall, than to fulfill a life dream.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to him, until confirmed. That would be beyond sad.

Last edited:
Wow. If he knew he needed the grades in Sept(he would have)... Holy crap, WT Flub and every other expletive you can throw out.

I sometimes forget that it's more important for some kids to play on their phones in study hall, than to fulfill a life dream.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to him, until confirmed. That would be beyond sad.

My belief is that the Texas offer is a verbal offer that becomes a written offer IF HE QUALIFIES. Same as Syracuse. No official visits anywhere could not be more telling.

Its pretty obvious. The kid was gung ho about SU. With his skill set and offers he had, he should have all types of official visits lined up.

If in fact this is what’s happening - I’m talking as someone who spent a lot of time covering him and posting about his exploits in AZ. I was looking forward to that 4.37 of his running away from people and "cutting on a dime" in the Dome.

It doesn’t matter how many official visits he has lined up or offers he has. He 's not going anywhere right now and probably for a year. He was in bed with us “1000 per cent.” I hope he is serious about what is staring at him in the face and realizes that he’s in the same boat with anyone, if there is anyone else now, especially us. He knew his grades and still made us promises.

What a talent he has. What was he thinking? A shame on his part and a waste of his time and ours. He’s far from the first recruit that has been in this situation. Hopefully he goes to prep school and works his butt off, gets better grades and a passing ACT score and is able to sign with us sooner rather than later. Right now everything he’s able to do on the field, doesn’t matter. It’s not speed we’re concerned about – it’s his ability to learn from this, pass what he needs to and get here. A very, hard lesson but maybe one well worth it – we’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
If in fact this is what’s happening - I’m talking as someone who spent a lot of time covering him and posting about his exploits in AZ. I was looking forward to that 3.7 of his running away from people and "cutting on a dime" in the Dome.

It doesn’t matter how many official visits he has lined up or offers he has. He 's not going anywhere right now and probably for a year. He was in bed with us “1000 per cent.” I hope he is serious about what is staring at him in the face and realizes that he’s in the same boat with anyone, if there is anyone else now, especially us. He knew his grades and still made us promises.

What a talent he has. What was he thinking? A shame on his part and a waste of his time and ours. He’s far from the first recruit that has been in this situation. Hopefully he goes to prep school and works his butt off, gets better grades and a passing ACT score and is able to sign with us sooner rather than later. Right now everything he’s able to do on the field, doesn’t matter. It’s not speed we’re concerned about – it’s his ability to learn from this, pass what he needs to and get here. A very, hard lesson but maybe one well worth it – we’ll see.
I agree.

If in fact this is what’s happening - I’m talking as someone who spent a lot of time covering him and posting about his exploits in AZ. I was looking forward to that 3.7 of his running away from people and "cutting on a dime" in the Dome.

Agreed. If prep school is the route, maybe Milford Academy is an option.

Very well said.

I really wanted this kid.
Oh well, he needs to show initiative and prove how much he wants it. :(:mad:

I really wanted this kid.
Oh well, he needs to show initiative and prove how much he wants it. :(:mad:
And probably recognize that sports can only get you so far. I hope he figures it out, regardless of whether he ends up here.

Now don't get all worked up about this tweet...it's just a tweet from a former team mate who is now at Utah.

Now don't get all worked up about this tweet...it's just a tweet from a former team mate who is now at Utah.

I haven’t the faintest idea what this is supposed to mean.

What I hope it means is beat the odds against him and qualify.
I figure it means that, it means he DID qualify, or it means he hasn’t qualified yet.

I'm going to be Debbie Downer and suggest it means "beat the odds" of making the NFL via a non traditional 4-year power 5 career.

I'm going to be Debbie Downer and suggest it means "beat the odds" of making the NFL via a non traditional 4-year power 5 career.
He might as well run for president.

You are a mean, mean man. ;)

I'm taking it as he is being told to "beat the odds" as in qualify. Not that he has beaten the odds, but rather he still needs to "beat the odds" to qualify. "Just like last year". Maybe he was in danger of failing last year, and beat the odds?
But then I see the black flag symbol, and as we all know, that's a flag that is hoisted on a ship to tell people to stay away due to infectious disease.
So perhaps we're just dealing with a case of scurvy? In that case, there is nothing better than citrus fruits to fight scurvy. You know...like oranges! So if you think about it, it's looking good for the Cuse here!

Last edited:

Jawhar Jordan plans to sign with Syracuse football on Wednesday, his mother, Rosalind Jordan, said in a phone interview on Friday afternoon.

Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.) High School head coach Dick Baniszewski said the same following a conversation with Jordan on Friday morning.

"I just talked to him two minutes ago," Baniszewski said. "He feels that things are good."

eyes_1f440.png

Okay... I saw nothing about a visit to AZ by the coaches or an in-home. This could get really strange.

Jawhar Jordan plans to sign with Syracuse football on Wednesday, his mother, Rosalind Jordan, said in a phone interview on Friday afternoon.

Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.) High School head coach Dick Baniszewski said the same following a conversation with Jordan on Friday morning.

"I just talked to him two minutes ago," Baniszewski said. "He feels that things are good."

eyes_1f440.png
What