Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Would love to get this young man. Speed like his could kill in the dome.

Hmmm. Interesting. What's he going to sign?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Very happy with the running backs expected to sign. This, if it were to happen, would put the haul in A+ territory. I do hope, though, that he is not waiting for paperwork that never comes.

Very happy with the running backs expected to sign. This, if it were to happen, would put the haul in A+ territory. I do hope, though, that he is not waiting for paperwork that never comes.

I would assume that if the staff hadn't previously communicated to him, that they will see this and reach out very soon.

I hope it happens but I don't feel real confident it will.

I would assume that if the staff hadn't previously communicated to him, that they will see this and reach out very soon.
Unfortunately i dont know if that’s the case.

Unfortunately i dont know if that’s the case.
Do you honestly think the staff isn't monitoring twitter accounts at least as much as our board is?

If they see that tweet and they aren't going to send him paperwork right now and are in "wait and see" mode for his qualification status, I have to think they are going to reach out to him and give him a heads up.

Unfortunately that isn't how it normally goes.

If this is a kid that has even a prayer of qualifying this cycle and they want him (which clearly they did from a player perspective) I can't believe we would straight up ignore him down the stretch. Maybe we will, but it would be surprising to me.

Do you honestly think the staff isn't monitoring twitter accounts at least as much as our board is?

If they see that tweet and they aren't going to send him paperwork right now and are in "wait and see" mode for his qualification status, I have to think they are going to reach out to him and give him a heads up.
They know if he is qualified or not. That is something that is monitored with recruits/commits. What I am saying if they have decided not to send him the NLI to sign it will be like Smith...radio silence.

Sometimes I hate the way this game is played

HOW HARD WOULD IT BE for somebody from the staff or recruiting department to reach out to the kid, either by phone, email, text, whatever - and just let him know whether his offer is still committable or not, given his grades?

The whole "nobody has spoken to you in a few days/weeks/months - you should take the hint" way of doing this, is BS.

HOW HARD WOULD IT BE for somebody from the staff or recruiting department to reach out to the kid, either by phone, email, text, whatever - and just let him know whether his offer is still committable or not, given his grades?

The whole "nobody has spoken to you in a few days/weeks/months - you should take the hint" way of doing this, is BS.
Yeah, I really hope that isn't what's going on. Not only does it seem uncalled for, but it feels like it would unnecessarily burn a bridge if the player ever comes back on the radar via JUCO or transfer, and why close that door with the player's coach?

Well, according to Bailey his mother says that Jawhar has been in "regular contact" with Dave Boller. What that means, I suppose, is open to interpretation.

Yeah, I really hope that isn't what's going on. Not only does it seem uncalled for, but it feels like it would unnecessarily burn a bridge if the player ever comes back on the radar via JUCO or transfer, and why close that door with the player's coach?
This is exactly how I feel about things. It sucks that this isn't just for sleazball coaches and staffs, that literally everyone out there does it. I am frustrated that very few (if any) staffs would reach out to a kid in this situation and just have a tell it like it is conversation, you didn't make the grades, so we can't take you.

and correct me if I am wrong, but there will still be kids who scrape through in June correct? There are 2 more quarters of high school to go, so a kid could still go from a current Non-qualifier to a qualifier. Granted they would need to be close and would need to bust their buts to make it happen, but it could be done. I'm not suggesting Jordan is in that boat, but some kid out there probably is.

This is exactly how I feel about things. It sucks that this isn't just for sleazball coaches and staffs, that literally everyone out there does it. I am frustrated that very few (if any) staffs would reach out to a kid in this situation and just have a tell it like it is conversation, you didn't make the grades, so we can't take you.

and correct me if I am wrong, but there will still be kids who scrape through in June correct? There are 2 more quarters of high school to go, so a kid could still go from a current Non-qualifier to a qualifier. Granted they would need to be close and would need to bust their buts to make it happen, but it could be done. I'm not suggesting Jordan is in that boat, but some kid out there probably is.

Schools can no longer backdate unused scholarships. It's "use it or lose it".

It's a big risk to keep one of your 25 slots open for a kid who may or may not qualify in June.

Schools can no longer backdate unused scholarships. It's "use it or lose it".

It's a big risk to keep one of your 25 slots open for a kid who may or may not qualify in June.
Is this another Alain Eduoard scenario of a kid trying to save face? Or is he legitimately qualified?

Completely agree with you, but unfortunately it absolutely is standard operating procedure. Never liked it and I've seen it from both sides.

Strange, to say the least. Wouldn't the kid and his mom know if he's qualified or not? If he knows he's not, given he didn't get the papers to sign in December, why would he expect to get them on Wednesday? Denial is a possible explanation, but could it be that he busted his butt and did qualify (or is close to it)?

The last time a coach was out there was late December per the article, is that telling? I don't know, when's the last time they visited with the rest of the kids still on the board?

didnt it also say a coach visited recently.. had to be some discussion of eligibility issues..

signing him as a reach isnt all that bad unless you have 25 kids ready to be signed or have Grad transfers you think you would use something on.. you cant take a class of flyers, but using one on a pretty elite talent isnt bad either.

The twitter wizard said what i was going to reply