Class of 2025 - RB Malachi Coleman (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/3/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 RB Malachi Coleman (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/3/24)

The next couple of years could be a lot of fun! Playoffs!, Did someone say playoffs?

IMG_9187.jpeg

The current pace is RIDICULOUS. Do our coaches sleep?
If we keep things at this pace… we will be full by August. And then what will we even be arguing about…?

In seriousness this momentum is infectious. Kids want in and they are seeing that slots are disappearing quickly. If they want on the train they have to get on board ASAP or they won’t have a shot.

So this is kind of a weird class, thought after the flurry of big names at the end of last class this would be stacked with 4 stars. It's not (yet) but the speed is insane. This kid ran a 6.24 second 55 meter hurdle. The NYS High School all time record is 6.31 seconds. That means as a junior he's already crushed the New York State high School all time record. This kid is FREAKISHLY fast. Like would be one of the fastest guys in the NFL fast.

I reached out to the recruiting staff about this kid. Out of curiosity about the current state of the team, I just happened to google my old HS football team in Virginia (William Fleming) and stumbled across some highlights of this very talented Junior RB named Malachi Coleman.

I live in NY now so I don't know the kid or have any connections to the school. But I linked Malachi's HUDL highlights in an email and sent to them to the staff. They never replied so I obviously can't say whether they even read the email. But regardless, I'm sure glad they offered the kid. He can flat out fly - there are literally clips on his reel where he's moving so fast, he looks like a blur. Hope we can reel the young man in - D1 size, great grades, super fast; seems like a fit to me.
You seriously landed us and the team a commitment lol. Nice work!!

Interested to hear you expand on what you mean. But, yeah.

I like that we’re working the NE (as we should be). Then we have two random commits from TX (which I’m not complaining about and ERob was just coaching at A&M, so okay), then this under the radar kid from…Virginia?

There’s some high 3* that have committed so far but a lot of under the radar kids too. You’d expect more “splash” commits like we saw at the end of last year but it is early. Makes me wonder about strategy. I wish I could have lunch with Fran and ask him a bunch of questions. I feel like I see what he’s trying to do, I wonder if I’m right. Either way, it’s interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom