Recruiting higher rated kids. | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting higher rated kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shu 49

All Conference
I seam to hear a lot on this about us never recruiting as good as major stud schools. Why can’t we. Yeah it’s cold but so what. I get maybe we can’t get 5 star kids every year but can’t we be close. Why not us. Once we they see we can put kids in nfl they will come. I have seen Dino and coaches offer kids with non p-5/offers and 2 years later they get the big offers. Well after this and next year we will be one of the big offers. Honestly I hear people say Clemson is so loaded and they are but it’s not a level we can’t get too. We can follow their path. In fact it looks a lot like Gbo s track record at Clemson. We can get the studs. We are doing well now but wait till we have 5 Trills and Cisco s .

I just want to see 4-5 Composite 4 stars a year with a extra special 5 star every few years. id be happy with a top 35 recruiting class when we start stringing wins together.

I seam to hear a lot on this about us never recruiting as good as major stud schools. Why can’t we. Yeah it’s cold but so what. I get maybe we can’t get 5 star kids every year but can’t we be close. Why not us. Once we they see we can put kids in nfl they will come. I have seen Dino and coaches offer kids with non p-5/offers and 2 years later they get the big offers. Well after this and next year we will be one of the big offers. Honestly I hear people say Clemson is so loaded and they are but it’s not a level we can’t get too. We can follow their path. In fact it looks a lot like Gbo s track record at Clemson. We can get the studs. We are doing well now but wait till we have 5 Trills and Cisco s .
The star thread... again. Stars are awarded by recruiting services what you should be looking at are the offers.

The star thread... again. Stars are awarded by recruiting services what you should be looking at are the offers.
Not really what I meant. Our coaches rated high end kids. I was just saying we can get them kids wether it’s our number 1 rated Rb or it’s the number 1 Rb in country. Either way we can recruit these kids once we get a few in the nfl.

I just want to see 4-5 Composite 4 stars a year with a extra special 5 star every few years. id be happy with a top 35 recruiting class when we start stringing wins together.
I would like to be top 15 I would be extatic.

Stars mattered on "Star Search" Not so much in recruiting. Not all 3 star kids are created equally. Our recruit class rankings are not much better than Marrones, or Shaefers, but look at the offers Dinos guys have compared to those classes. We have more guys with p5 offers than we used to get. We used to get the 3 star kid with offers from Bowling Green, Purdue, Wake, Rutgers and Central Michigan. Now we're getting more 3 star guys with offers from Miami, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia Tech.

if we can get thru the next 2 yrs with solid play we will be in the spotlight enough more kids will want to come.

if we can get thru the next 2 yrs with solid play we will be in the spotlight enough more kids will want to come.
I agree can’t wait to fight all the big dogs for them

if you get 3-stars with athleticism you can scheme to compete. we have way more athletes now so mistakes matter more as we can make plays to stay in games. a pretty simple mistake cost as the Clemson game, something you wouldnt have dreams 4-5 yrs ago.

Dino is systematically shutting down ways to negatively recruit against us.

Don't go there, they don't win. We do now.

Don't go there, nobody gets recognized. Our All-Americans show that's not true.

Don't go there, they play in an empty stadium. That's changing this season.

Don't go there, the coach is on the move. Dino has his extension.

Don't go there, they don't put anybody in the NFL... that's the one where we have work to do.

We are very close to encountering a different kind of negative recruiting.

Don't go there, there are too many guys in front of you.

Don't go there, sure they win and you can put up stats, but a gimmick like that won't get you as ready for the NFL as we can.

It's going to get a lot more fun.

Last edited:

Don't go there, the coach is in the move. Dino has his extension.

Don't go there, they don't put anybody in the NFL... that's the one where we have work to do.

Don't go there, sure they win and you can put up stats, but a gimmick like that won't get you as ready for the NFL as we can.

Plus we've had multiple guys have career seasons coming here after not doing much most of their careers. I'm still amazed at the season Etta-Tawa had.

Stars mattered on "Star Search" Not so much in recruiting. Not all 3 star kids are created equally. Our recruit class rankings are not much better than Marrones, or Shaefers, but look at the offers Dinos guys have compared to those classes. We have more guys with p5 offers than we used to get. We used to get the 3 star kid with offers from Bowling Green, Purdue, Wake, Rutgers and Central Michigan. Now we're getting more 3 star guys with offers from Miami, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia Tech.
Let's not kid ourselves here. Stars do matter. Yes, there are some misses. But guys with the pedigrees generally earned them. We can bang our chests when be take 3-4 NORTHERN recruits from PSU. Ohio St. ND, etc. Again, I said NORTHERN recruits. I haven't seen that yet. We are taking second tier southern recruits. I'm not saying they can't be great players, BUT when we control our own backyard first, then I will say we are recruiting at a real good level.

Really good observations.

Probably one of the most logical posts I've ever read on this board. Spot on

I think that, perhaps, the different kind of negative recruiting you mention may have already occurred. At least I thought of those two lines in a recent commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom