Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have been around long enough to know better. Jennifer love Hewitt gets the first female statue. Shame on you.

Peshaw...it's Madeline Stowe or nothing!

Madeleine Stowe Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Did they win? Simple question. Don’t want to hear a but
Is Judah limping?
We had the starters in all game.
We also made ESPN top headlines, with "Syracuse avoids collapse..." in small links, and "Syracuse nearly blows huge lead, beats Irish on 'Boeheim Day'" as title of the article. This doesn't help our NCAA chances (the non-quantitative part).

it was a 1 possession game in the final minute

wouldve been the biggest comeback in D1 history since 2018 if the Irish had won

it isnt only about winning

its about getting some blowouts to improve the metrics

when this team misses the tourney THIS game will be why...if you think thats too harsh, you simply dont understand NET

this shouldve been an easy 20-30 point win

not a slugfest

shrewsberry isnt exactly bobby knight over there...but he toyed with red in the 2nd half

Is Judah limping?
We had the starters in all game.
We also made ESPN top headlines, with "Syracuse avoids collapse..." in small links, and "Syracuse nearly blows huge lead, beats Irish on 'Boeheim Day'" as title of the article. This doesn't help our NCAA chances (the non-quantitative part).

Seriously?

Yeah dude. The part of our resume accounting for headlines looks even worse than our NET. Even Siena has better blurbs. This is all on Red and he needs to fix this if we're even going to sniff an NIT bid.
Updating from a few days ago...

If we have a big lead (5+) we are: 12-0
If we have are in a tossup close game (+/- 4 points) we are: 4-2 (Fell apart for Ga Tech & FSU)
If we have a big deficit (5+): 2-8 (Big Comebacks Colgate + Pitt round 1) Big Road losses to UVA/Duke/Wake/UNC who have a home win record of 52-5 currently.

If Red and Co are 16-2 with leads or in close games. What a garbage first year coach.

End of first half.
Why didn't they just hold the ball?
Instead the play was to score? Or just have JJ cough it up for a possible 3?
Dude, there’s not a player on this team thats a junior or senior, they are young/inexperienced. No matter who is coaching them, they are gonna make mistakes.

Red’s done an incredible job with a young inexperienced team with zero size and gonna get to 20 wins…if you can’t see that, there’s not much else I can say.

So, by my estimation we’ve got statues lined up for JLH, Boeheim and Sam Elliott. Correct?
Hatcher. Having the ball taken from him against B.C. got us Fran Brown. And I am not in favor of Sam Elliot. Unlike JLH, he has no business gettinga statue at the Cuse.

when this team misses the tourney THIS game will be why...if you think thats too harsh, you simply dont understand NET

not a slugfest

shrewsberry isnt exactly bobby knight over there...but he toyed with red in the 2nd half
Toyed with him right to a loss. That is also a fact. And this score won't keep us out of the tournament. Did you guys really expect us to beat ND by 30? By 20? We aren't that good. We have no depth. Red tried to get guys some rest at the end of the first half and we got beat 9-0. Did it ever occure to anyone that the reason why teams have rallied against us is our guys get tired? We don't have enough players to play man.

Gonna be hard to keep a 20 win ‘Cuse team with 10 ACC wins out of the tournament if we win a game or two in the ACC Tourney
Not really. The Chaminade win also doesnt count. Said it before and I'll say it again...
Need to win out and win 2 ACCT games
22 D1 wins is the number to be on the bubble for Cuse

the X's and O's are just so spotty though

my biggest issue with the current team is strategic mediocrity

I dont see that improving no matter how much time the current coaches get because some of the decisions they have been making indicate a lack of basic aptitude for the job

in other words, the issues I have with the current staff are highly unlikely to get fixed with more seasons
I don't know, I kind of liked the backdoor plays for Taylor and there was a nice play to free up Bell. Team clearly lost focus but hung on. That Burton is going to be a problem.

Toyed with him right to a loss. That is also a fact. And this score won't keep us out of the tournament. Did you guys really expect us to beat ND by 30? By 20? We aren't that good. We have no depth. Red tried to get guys some rest at the end of the first half and we got beat 9-0. Did it ever occure to anyone that the reason why teams have rallied against us is our guys get tired? We don't have enough players to play man.
Taylor sat on the bench for what? 15 minutes of the second half? That’s a lot of energy just to be left on the bench for a team who “doesn’t have enough players to play man”

not a slugfest

ND isn’t great this year. But they’re a very young but improving team that had won three in a row, recently blew out Virginia and has the second best defense in the conference. Also Shrewsberry is considered one of the brightest up-and-coming coaching minds in the country. He coached at Purdue under Matt Painter, was an assistant with the Celtics, had a great first year as a head coach at Penn State and then decided to take the ND job because he’s from Indiana. He’s gonna make ND relevant again before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom