Red to be on Rothstein's Podcast | Syracusefan.com

Red to be on Rothstein's Podcast

I hope it’s a good listen but I don’t expect to hear Red say much about the Jesse situation. He’s not the type to talk about another school tampering and I know he’s not the type to say anything negative about a former player. I think he’ll talk around it.

I would agree less would probably be better but if he feels the need to set the record about offers in general and that Syracuse is fully in the game so to speak, I would be fine with that. He certainly will be in a position to adjust a narrative. I am very interested to hear what is said.

I would agree less would probably be better but if he feels the need to set the record about offers in general and that Syracuse is fully in the game so to speak, I would be fine with that. He certainly will be in a position to adjust a narrative. I am very interested to hear what is said.

Oh, I’d be more than fine with it.

I hope it’s a good listen but I don’t expect to hear Red say much about the Jesse situation. He’s not the type to talk about another school tampering and I know he’s not the type to say anything negative about a former player. I think he’ll talk around it.

Honestly the last thing I hope he talks about is Jesse Edwards.

Agreed. He *should* talk about SU being in the game as it’s played today, and being fully funded and committed. He can do that without directly addressing Edwards’s BS nonsense.

That’s a lot more important than talking about what defense he wants to play.

Earth shattering!

I would love to know what the plan is when Judah takes until May to decide. Portal options would be greatly reduced and we'd have 1 guard I'd be confident in on the roster, along with Copeland and I guess Taylor. We need another guard regardless of Judah, so Red better thread this needle correctly. The frontcourt is messy enough, adding the backcourt to that is a potential rough start.

Earth shattering!

I would love to know what the plan is when Judah takes until May to decide. Portal options would be greatly reduced and we'd have 1 guard I'd be confident in on the roster, along with Copeland and I guess Taylor. We need another guard regardless of Judah, so Red better thread this needle correctly. The frontcourt is messy enough, adding the backcourt to that is a potential rough start.

Assume this means there are guys not in the portal that may still end up there... I'm sure that's not just us in that universe

No way red is just sitting back and waiting for Judah. That’s the huge difference between him and how JB would’ve handled things.
Agree. You could make a great case of bringing Jaden Bradley whether Judah comes back or not so I hope he is one we are targeting hard. Westry depends on his injury recovery. If he is healthy you pursue him as well. Question is our center and who we are pursuing. We know the names. There is also chatter on new names coming out this week as well so likely new targets for Red.

Still believe Judah’s back based on what I’ve heard.

Evaluations havent happened yet but you can gauge a change in temperature on this by staff activity in the portal.

In Jim's later years we rarely had a Plan B and he would play the "we had no idea" card without taking any accountability. I know it's easy to laugh and say Red is just stating the obvious and I guess he sort of is, but it's also worth acknowledging that even that's a step up from how JB used to play the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom