Regardless of outcome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of outcome

They have a full defense of NFL guys. We run out of gas, that’s all it is.

Great effort.

Proud of these guys. Clemson is just a better team with advantages on the lines. SU was able to hold their own for a half but it’s a sixty minute game and effort only gets you so far.

And they are going to go at least 4-1 the rest of the way
Just needed some points off the two second half turnovers - we let them off the hook.

It hurts.

But, I was watching the 14th best team in the country today and I was proud to support that team.

That is only one aspect of why I hate them. The rock is stupid. Their fans are entitled dorks. Coach is a phony dork. Refs in their pockets whenever needed. Occasional Syracuse fans cheerleading for them.
Klubnik is already in the Christian Laettner HOF.

Extremely proud of the players and Tony White. As much as I want to give kudos all the way around, regardless of the outcome… I can’t shake the Robert Anae reputation of the w de fudge games.

We routinely saw a 6 man box for the entire 3rd quarter and didn’t give Tucker the ball…

I just don’t understand. We didn’t need to give them 25 seconds at the end for no reason either… refs are refs, that’s whatever. We can only control what we can control. One 2nd half TD today and we’re dancing naked in the streets right now.

Missed tackles, undisciplined football, missed blocks/whiffs, giving up on routes, and the penalties. The fourth quarter especially looked like a completely different team. Horrendous offensive play calling didn’t help.
I guess they didn't meet your expectations for this game. Shame on them. The team we just played had won 37 games in a row at home. Might there be a reason for that?

Feel however you feel...but this team is talented enough and had the opportunity to win it. I'm not cool with a moral victory today.
You think our team is more talented than Clemson?

They played really well. Refs stepped up big time in the second half for Clemson.
I was disappointed in the call they gave Clemson while the QB was tip toeing down the sideline. And, I was disappointed in the no-call when Shrader was mauled on the sideline.

But, I refuse to blame the referees - it's a losing game.

The Orange had a chance to put Clemson away in the second half with two early turnovers - and didn't score.

That really hurt.

The loss kills me but the effort was awesome.

You think our team is more talented than Clemson?
Overall and on paper, no. But I think we showed we were talented enough to win today...granted with the help of some Clemson mistakes which we didn't capitalize on and dumb penalties where skill wasn't a factor.

Good effort in the first half but they quite in the second half. I’m happy they played them close, but they quit and that’s what hurts about this loss.
I don’t think anyone quit. Just mistakes, and some questionable calls and no calls, and Clemson being Clemson.

SU is closing the gap. There are no moral victories, but SU is no longer going to be a bottom dweller team in this crappy conference.

I was disappointed in the call they gave Clemson while the QB was tip toeing down the sideline. And, I was disappointed in the no-call when Shrader was mauled on the sideline.

But, I refuse to blame the referees - it's a losing game.

The Orange had a chance to put Clemson away in the second half with two early turnovers - and didn't score.

That really hurt.

The loss kills me but the effort was awesome.
Y'all are both right though.

I would be hard pressed to criticize the coaching staff right now.

2nd drive of the 2nd half Tucker carries for 23 yards and one other carry for 15 yards the rest of the game. He is the best playmaker on the team so when the offense goes dead, maybe that's on the play caller.

Clock management before the last FG by Clemson just cannot happen.

Defense played its heart out and just got worn down in the end as a nearly 30 play difference cannot happen with the lack of depth on the defense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom