RIP Louie Orr | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Louie Orr

Orr abusing that white dude #33.

Wonder what ever became of him?

Probably lost as a footnote to history as the Random White Dude(tm) that Louie took to school that day. ;)
Nice to see Louie doing his thing. Just a pro’s pro.
Speaking of Bird, I heard a stat the other day in video that put Bird in elite company as a defender, before he messed up his back. For about 4 years, only Olojuwan’s rating was better. Crazy

Last edited:
image.jpg

Louie signed first in the wrong place! His only error.

View attachment 223692
Louie signed first in the wrong place! His only error.
Random associated (kind of) story that brings back fond memories. My aunt worked as a receptionist (secretary) at channel 5 in Syracuse back then. They had Rosie Bouie and Hal Cohen in for some sports segment and my aunt, not a real sports fan, was introduced to them. She had told them my uncle was coming to pick her up and would be thrilled to meet them. They were great and agreed and spent time talking to my aunt, who was a funny character, till he arrived. My aunt was so proud to introduce them to my uncle - she told him ‘thought you would like to meet my new friends Rosie Bouie and Hal Cohen’ while pointing to Hal Cohen when calling him Rosie Bouie’ and visa versa. My uncle shook their hands, said he knew them well, and he apologized for my aunt misidentifying them (she had no clue). They were both very gracious, laughing about it and then signed a team picture with Rosie signing over Hal’s picture and Hal signing next to Rosie’s.

By the way she just loved Al Roker who was there when she worked there.

man i dont visit here much anymore but this shocked me I was following the team from the days of Dennis Duval and Bill smith so Louie and Bouie were not my introduction to SU Basketball but they certainly were one of the highlights of my late teens. Nothing was finer than listening to Joel marenius call out a Rosie Reject or a Bouie Boomerang while calling a great move by the String bean Louie Orr. Just a really great player and from all accounts a great man, I believe while with the Knicks he was the NBA sixth man of the year one year as well, He was if I remember a really good free throw shooter as well one of the best big man shooters SU had.

Never forget Louie and Bouie beating Bernie and Ernie and also many other big wins.

RIP Louie !!

Great tribute for a great basketball player but even greater man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom