RIP Louie Orr | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Louie Orr

Not the sort of news I wanted to read when I came online. RIP Louis, and heartfelt condolences to the Orr family.

My mother was his academic adviser.

<edit> and she'd agree with all the nice things said about him today.

I ran into him a few times at Syracuse events and though he didn't remember me from an Economics study session me, him, and Hal Cohen had, when I identified myself he would always ask about her.

Louis Orr and Mom.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, this explains why we didn't see him on the bench at the Georgetown game.

This is a tough one. Louis was a classmate. Very quiet but always polite and respectful. As a player, he was ready to roll as a freshman.

He was a foundational player in an important era for SU hoops, beside the likes of Rosie (of course), Hal Cohen, Marty Headd, the late Eddie Moss and others.

May he RIP.

I've seen this photo many times, but never have looked at it like I am today. Two great men. Rest in peace in
This pic was taken by my friend and former colleague Pete Halpern, who was a photographer and photo editor at The Daily Orange. It was an instant hit and I know it kept Pete in beer money for awhile. :)

Those Louie and Bouie teams provided so many great moments in SU basketball history. That win over Tennessee with the Bernie and Ernie show their freshman year in the NCAA tourney put SU hoops on the map nationally. RIP Louie. News of his passing brought tears to my eyes.

Very sad and he was so young. If he was a better recruiter he may have been talked about as a Jimmy successor. He was such a fine man, I am surprised he didnt impress parents enough to land recruits.

It was the Louie and Bouie class that put us on the map as a college recruiting power. I just loved those teams that the Louie and Bouie show headlined !!!!

I moved to Liverpool to start high school. The Louie and Bouie show was my first real exposure to Cuse basketball, and I’ve been hooked ever since. So sad! Prayers for his family and friends.

So sad to hear.

The last time that Louie was on the Georgetown bench against SU, he stood at one point and waved his arms to get the hoya crowd into it. I must admit that I cried inside when that happened. I also recall that when he coached at Bowling Green, some young guys wrote racist graffiti on his sidewalk. After they were caught, he met with them, accepted their apology, and talked with them about young people not realizing that their actions had consequences. He was a class act all the way and will be membered as a great and beloved Orangeman for a very long time.

I moved to Liverpool to start high school. The Louie and Bouie show was my first real exposure to Cuse basketball, and I’ve been hooked ever since. So sad! Prayers for his family and friends.
Great time to go to that school

what a different world

Just caught this headline during a break at work and I’m heartbroken.
As a student, I caught the last 2 years of the Louie & Bouie Show, and always knew Lou to be a warm friendly guy.
Always private, it’s no wonder we didn’t hear about his cancer battle and now know the answer to why he was absent on the bench.
He was a good good man- so much so I couldn’t stay mad when he went to the hated Hoyas. And I let him know that last time I saw him on the bench. He came over, we talked a bit, and he smiled as i called him “Benedict Louie”. RIP, my brother.

Sadly, this explains why we didn't see him on the bench at the Georgetown game.
He no longer was an assistant for the team but was still employed in the Hoya basketball office in administration. Probably a decision made before the season because of his cancer diagnosis, a private man. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom