Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

Again, I don't mean anything personally, and am not meaning to attack you in any way. Totally understand not wanting to be complacent with the program's general lack of regular season success these past 5-6 years, and I respect that. I'd be lying if I too didn't share some feelings of disappointment in recent years.

I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be, nor do I believe it is all sunshine and rainbows. I'd love to breakdown all the various reasons why it's been trending downward since let's say the 2013-2014 season in a separate thread. Tbh, I'm also a pretty hardcore JB supporter, when I know many aren't. I don't want to say that clouts my judgement, but a guy who has coached here for nearly 45 seasons without a losing record and still sharp as a tack has my undying loyalty. I think you have to look no further than what we saw at UNC this year to appreciate what we have in JB and what could happen without him. Time will tell.
I don’t make out to be worse than it is.
I just don’t let people spew rainbows and sunshine when it’s not like that.

We are losing our best player and went 17-14 this year.

I don’t see the talent returning as improving enough to be anything more than just mediocre again next year.

We aren’t recruiting enough talent.
Buddy Boeheim is a good role player.
I called him Luke Hancock. On Louisville’s NC Hancock was the reason they won several big games.
He wasn’t the focal point and he wasn’t playing 35+ MPG.

We need talent above Buddy so that he can be a role player.
I said put Buddy in Trevor Cooney’s spot in 2014 I think we could have won it all.
We needed a shooter that year.

I give JB credit and don’t think he is a bad coach. I think the decline these last 6 years does fall on his ledger though.
The school has stayed loyal to him as much as he has stayed loyal to it.

Just like Tom Brady leaving the Patriots sometimes change has to happen.
I don’t think we will much better next year unless Hughes comes back.

This is 6 years in a row with 13+ losses in a season. That deserves the fair criticism.
I don’t go personal that is off limits.
I am direct and loud. I really don’t care if people disagree as that is the point of debate.

I don’t see the talent returning as improving enough to be anything more than just mediocre again next year.

I called him Luke Hancock. On Louisville’s NC Hancock was the reason they won several big games.

I said put Buddy in Trevor Cooney’s spot in 2014 I think we could have won it all.

I give JB credit and don’t think he is a bad coach. I think the decline these last 6 years does fall on his ledger though.

This is 6 years in a row with 13+ losses in a season. That deserves the fair criticism.
I am direct and loud. I really don’t care if people disagree as that is the point of debate.

I couldn't agree with this more...we are losing our best player by far along with three depth pieces (HW, Carey, Goodine) and will be playing in a much harder ACC next season. Boeheim and his staff need to bring in some players...or next season will be the same as the past several years where the coach and team have been in the middle of the pack of the ACC and not relevant nationally where we are used to being pre-2014.

The athletic article posted recently made it appear hes still 50/50 on coming back. If Griffin is eligible I do not see any time available for Bobby unfortunately.
I mean, maybe, but - little late in the xfr season to do that now - sure teams out there still looking at guys but the choice landing spots pretty much gone...

I believe he has tremendous upside but he needs the minutes to prove it. He is definitely confident and athletic, and does have a decent workable shot.
but what I am most impressed with is his mature demeanor. He is patient and accepts his current role/standing on team. He is confident enough not to run but make his way up the ranks with hard work. He could be playing big minutes elsewhere but hangs in there.Kids got heart.

I think it was a gamble of the staff to bring him in. The upside, athleticism wise, has been tempered by his nagging injuries.

Robert has an opportunity to earn PT, but he will have to outwork people.

Spot on!

He has always looked like a player.
Just something in the way he moves.

(Hmmm...good idea for a song.
Kind of Beatles-ish).

I've seen him in practice, and there's something in the way he looks my way or calls my name, also. It helps me leave this troubled world behind.
And if I'm feeling down and blue, or troubled by this foolish game of basketball, he always seems to make me change my mind

He's going to have that much of an impact this year. Count on it.

Perhaps, you have forgot who we have at guard?

Of course not, Buddy is still locked in for the majority of minutes at SG. But if Griffin Marek and Braswell are all playing well enough to earn minutes I could see JB playing Buddy a touch less for depth purposes. That's a big if that all three of those guys are playing well enough though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom