Saint Dougie... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

there is no process, it's just a bunch of bullshart

his process is to hire a nobody to install the wrong offense and pretend that his coaching magically leads to more turnovers (when it's really just luck)
We now realize that Dennison stinks. But to be fair, he had been an OC in the Shanahan system for a long time - a system that has worked well in the league for many years. Who else was available for OC?

In all honesty I think Pegula screwed up 2017 as a result of his weird belief in Whaley. He should have fired both Rex and Whaley at the same time in January, hired a GM, then let the GM hire the head coach. I think McDermott made him realize how inept Whaley is and Whaley was finished making any decisions for at least two months leading up to the draft while McDermott was basically coach/GM.

McDermott made the GM decision to keep Taylor when Taylor agreed to take a pay cut - likely because Dennison sold him to McDermott (worked with Taylor in Baltimore in 2014, impressed enough for Kubiak to try to sign him in 2015). McDermott believed Dennison when he told him that he could work with Taylor in the same system Taylor worked in as the Ravens' backup in 2014.

When Brandon Beane was hired to be the GM, I'm guessing he was unimpressed with the idea of Taylor as a long-term solution at QB from the get-go, which probably influenced McDermott's own perception of TT. And I can't blame him - Taylor is so limited as a passer that he needs a run-based offensive system built just for him to thrive. Which isn't impossible but it also isn't ideal. (Greg Roman's system was perfect for Taylor but do you really want that for the long-term?).

Dennison meatheadedly installs his system without looking at what the offense did well in 2015-2016. Taylor and the offense struggle, including a horrific check-down-on-3rd-and-long-filled 56 yard passing effort in a game where he should have been throwing it all over the place because there was nothing else to lose when the defense was giving up touchdown after touchdown.

Meanwhile, McDermott observes an accurate gunslinger in Peterman in practice against crappy players and thinks it could work. I applaud McDermott for having the balls to try something to spark the offense and gives me hope that he's able to think outside the box and take risks.

Unfortunately, a gunslinger mentality backfires when its a rookie QB in his first start surrounded by crappy players and a crappy OC/play-caller against the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL. Whoopsy-daisy!

Despite the mess, I still think McDermott could work after he fires Dennison because he and Beane will always be on the same page. Which is important imo and something the Bills haven't had in a long time - a HC and GM who know each other, have similar philosophies and get along without childish, Saint Dougie-like temper tantrums. And both are very sharp when they speak, which is refreshing.

At this point Dennison is a dead man walking and hopefully McD replaces him with a more innovative, younger mind similar to Sean McVay (if there's one out there and available). If that happens then I think McDermott can be successful here.

What McDermott did to Peterman gave me flashbacks of P/Fields. Horrible decision.

We now realize that Dennison stinks. But to be fair, he had been an OC in the Shanahan system for a long time - a system that has worked well in the league for many years. Who else was available for OC?

In all honesty I think Pegula screwed up 2017 as a result of his weird belief in Whaley. He should have fired both Rex and Whaley at the same time in January, hired a GM, then let the GM hire the head coach. I think McDermott made him realize how inept Whaley is and Whaley was finished making any decisions for at least two months leading up to the draft while McDermott was basically coach/GM.

McDermott made the GM decision to keep Taylor when Taylor agreed to take a pay cut - likely because Dennison sold him to McDermott (worked with Taylor in Baltimore in 2014, impressed enough for Kubiak to try to sign him in 2015). McDermott believed Dennison when he told him that he could work with Taylor in the same system Taylor worked in as the Ravens' backup in 2014.

When Brandon Beane was hired to be the GM, I'm guessing he was unimpressed with the idea of Taylor as a long-term solution at QB from the get-go, which probably influenced McDermott's own perception of TT. And I can't blame him - Taylor is so limited as a passer that he needs a run-based offensive system built just for him to thrive. Which isn't impossible but it also isn't ideal. (Greg Roman's system was perfect for Taylor but do you really want that for the long-term?).

Dennison meatheadedly installs his system without looking at what the offense did well in 2015-2016. Taylor and the offense struggle, including a horrific check-down-on-3rd-and-long-filled 56 yard passing effort in a game where he should have been throwing it all over the place because there was nothing else to lose when the defense was giving up touchdown after touchdown.

Meanwhile, McDermott observes an accurate gunslinger in Peterman in practice against crappy players and thinks it could work. I applaud McDermott for having the balls to try something to spark the offense and gives me hope that he's able to think outside the box and take risks.

Unfortunately, a gunslinger mentality backfires when its a rookie QB in his first start surrounded by crappy players and a crappy OC/play-caller against the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL. Whoopsy-daisy!

Despite the mess, I still think McDermott could work after he fires Dennison because he and Beane will always be on the same page. Which is important imo and something the Bills haven't had in a long time - a HC and GM who know each other, have similar philosophies and get along without childish, Saint Dougie-like temper tantrums. And both are very sharp when they speak, which is refreshing.

At this point Dennison is a dead man walking and hopefully McD replaces him with a more innovative, younger mind similar to Sean McVay (if there's one out there and available). If that happens then I think McDermott can be successful here.
he's an idiot. first words out of his mouth are talking about running in buffalo weather. assumes you can't throw in the snow (you can) and assumes it snows more than it does. then he hires a nobody to be the OC to shoehorn in his offense. if you're hiring a nobody, hire a nobody to run an offense that works with the guys you have. the bills never make the playoffs and you go with a 5th round rookie while you're in a playoff spot? then he has the worst game ever and you try to talk about the good things? then you can't admit you messed up?

just because he might work out doesn't mean you keep him. the guy you replace him with might work out.

he's an idiot. first words out of his mouth are talking about running in buffalo weather. assumes you can't throw in the snow (you can) and assumes it snows more than it does. then he hires a nobody to be the OC to shoehorn in his offense. if you're hiring a nobody, hire a nobody to run an offense that works with the guys you have. the bills never make the playoffs and you go with a 5th round rookie while you're in a playoff spot? then he has the worst game ever and you try to talk about the good things? then you can't admit you messed up?

just because he might work out doesn't mean you keep him. the guy you replace him with might work out.
I don't care about any of that stuff. If McDermott really thought that you can't throw in Buffalo then he wouldn't be considering Peterman over Taylor. By putting Taylor out there in the second half, he admitted he messed up.

If you think Pegula is firing McDermott after one year, you're dreaming.

Wait, really? Are you sure? Because there was definitely a two year period there when you seemed like a pretty big Bills fan.

Hmm. Weird.
He is a Marrone doppelganger. He is now a huge Jags fan apparently....

He is a Marrone doppelganger. He is now a huge Jags fan apparently...
They are a good watch. It’s fun to watch a well coached team with a strategic approach that is able to adapt tactically. In other words a real executed process

What McDermott did to Peterman gave me flashbacks of P/Fields. Horrible decision.
he's going to do it again.

only the bills decide to tank when they're at .500 in the second half of the season

because it makes so much difference to draft 11th than 15th that it's worth abandoning hope for the playoffs when you're at .500

They are a good watch. It’s fun to watch a well coached team with a strategic approach that is able to adapt tactically. In other words a real executed process
This is his third season in Jacksonville. How long until he gets itchy and tells his agent to begin poking around or starts self-sabotaging?

This is his third season in Jacksonville. How long until he gets itchy and tells his agent to begin poking around or starts self-sabotaging?
You have a serious affliction for that big baloney eating lug.

I guess we’ll find out

McVay may have pulled back ahead of Doug Marrone for coach of the year honors as the Rams defeated the Saints and the Jags lost to the Cardinals.

Great end game clock mgt by Doug. Throws on 2nd down deep in own territory tie game less than a minute left. Give AZ an extra 30 sec which the cards use to score the QW FG. Jags/Tenn tied for division.

Bad, bad beat. What the hell were they thinking on 2nd down. Yeesh

I'm thinking that he was thinking that the Cards were thinking that the Jags were content to go to overtime. So if he could catch them asleep and get the ball to Lee across the middle that he could bust it up to or past midfield. Then they would try to hit a couple of short passes and try a long field goal.

I'm thinking that he was thinking that the Cards were thinking that the Jags were content to go to overtime. So if he could catch them asleep and get the ball to Lee across the middle that he could bust it up to or past midfield. Then they would try to hit a couple of short passes and try a long field goal.

It was dopey, take the knee. Also took an iffy completion call on the sideline, lost control and didn't reestablish control in bounds, and a 57 yard FG to lose at the gun.

It was dopey, take the knee. Also took an iffy completion call on the sideline, lost control and didn't reestablish control in bounds, and a 57 yard FG to lose at the gun.
why don't coaches who are very good at so many things not let other people handle this stuff? i'll never get it - they have these giant staffs but are too proud to listen to someone in their ear who knows the numbers

Blaine Gabbert won a football game...wow. Why pass on 2nd down at the end? Good football teams don't lose to a Blaine Gabbert led team.

If DB has made that call we’d say it was a good aggressive play call lol

If DB has made that call we’d say it was a good aggressive play call lol
nope. you don't understand the criticism. the only reason you hear so much more "go for it" is because coaches are so overwhelmingly biased towards not going for it. cardinals fans were thrilled when they realized they were throwing. coaches could simplify their their thought process in situations where they don't have much time to think by just putting themselves in the other coach's shoes - what do they really want me to do? i won't do that

it's pretty incredible that marrone lost his mind in that way because it is so incredibly out of character for him

nope. you don't understand the criticism. the only reason you hear so much more "go for it" is because coaches are so overwhelmingly biased towards not going for it. cardinals fans were thrilled when they realized they were throwing. coaches could simplify their their thought process in situations where they don't have much time to think by just putting themselves in the other coach's shoes - what do they really want me to do? i won't do that

it's pretty incredible that marrone lost his mind in that way because it is so incredibly out of character for him

They scored on 4th and 3 on a run/pass option bootleg.

I don’t actually think it is that out of character actually. It’s not a common way for him to play call but it’s not out of the ordinary.

They scored on 4th and 3 on a run/pass option bootleg.
he should go all in on rpo. when the bills unload taylor because they just have to keep rick friggin dennison and his ancient preferences, the jaguars should grab him.

What the hell was HE thinking. He’s the offensive genius so the buck stops with him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom