Saint Dougie... | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

Thought he called a great game the 1st half and tightened up the 2nd half, to some degree. Some poor play and good game planning by Patriots impacted that too. Thought the Jags D also stopped attacking Brady and let him get way too comfortable. They rarely rushed more than 4 guys the whole 2nd half.

That was big especially with Gronk out of the game. Thought that would’ve freed up the Jags to blitz more than they did.

That was big especially with Gronk out of the game. Thought that would’ve freed up the Jags to blitz more than they did.

Yeah exactly. Very strange especially considering their D like was probably tired after the efforts they had put out in the 1st half. Perfect chance to bring some rushes. They were doing a lot with the D line to try to make something happen but it wasn’t doing anything.

You must have been one of the handful of guys who never played football or sports and was calling for Dino to be fired after two 4 win seasons.

Lol that's your only come back? Hackett's playcalling became predictable. The Patriots sniffed out the runs. The defense went conservative and played zone. You already have a referee crew that had been one sided, why make the Patriots job easier? Any other QB would have won that game for Jacksonville despite the staff shooting themselves in the foot. They need to upgrade the position. If Eli Manning is available, you grab him.

Lol that's your only come back? Hackett's playcalling became predictable. The Patriots sniffed out the runs. The defense went conservative and played zone. You already have a referee crew that had been one sided, why make the Patriots job easier? Any other QB would have won that game for Jacksonville despite the staff shooting themselves in the foot. They need to upgrade the position. If Eli Manning is available, you grab him.

Based on this response, I stand by my original comment. You make some good points in this response and then contradict yourself.

Gronk is irrelevant. If last year's Super Bowl title didn't prove that, this game certainly did.

Based on this response, I stand by my original comment. You make some good points in this response and then contradict yourself.

I'm sorry I can't relive my best game like Al Bundy for a board of people I'll never meet. Coaching and execution by Bortles lost the game.

Hackett,s playcalling became predictable because there is only so much you can do as OC when your primary goal is to keep your QB out of situations where he can make a game-changing mistake.

Give Hackett a better QB and the play-calling changes.

The two are linked.

And I would say that Brady and Pats won game rather than Jacksonville losing it.

I feel bad for bortles. He's a punching bag for no reason
Agreed.
Any other QB would have won that game for Jacksonville despite the staff shooting themselves in the foot. They need to upgrade the position. If Eli Manning is available, you grab him.
Hackett,s playcalling became predictable because there is only so much you can do as OC when your primary goal is to keep your QB out of situations where he can make a game-changing mistake. Give Hackett a better QB and the play-calling changes. The two are linked.
If Marrone had a semi-decent quarterback, there's no doubt that they'd be competing in the superbowl
lol

If Marrone had a semi-decent quarterback, there's no doubt that they'd be competing in the superbowl
Doug fell back into the Mr. Conservative mode. Last possession (with the lead) before Amendola punt return, a quick 3 and out punt. One pass there on 1st down instead of the anticipated famous Doug run could have bought them some field position yardage. It brought back the constant 1st down run flashbacks...lol

Doug fell back into the Mr. Conservative mode. Last possession (with the lead) before Amendola punt return, a quick 3 and out punt. One pass there on 1st down instead of the anticipated famous Doug run could have bought them some field position yardage. It brought back the constant 1st down run flashbacks...lol

Wait, I thought coughlin and Hackett were calling the plays...

Jacksonville's defense was also bad in the second half. Systematic failure by Marrone today.

Marrone in the 2nd half

in-turtle-shell.jpg

Wait, I thought coughlin and Hackett were calling the plays...
If they were.....time for the head coach to have some b@11s and override them. Plenty of time to talk about it before they took the field on the change of possession.

If they were...time for the head coach to have some b@11s and override them. Plenty of time to talk about it before they took the field on the change of possession.

Aww, you must be another jilted fan. I hope this loss helps you recover from the horrors Dougie did to you at the gas station or grocery store. I hope your family didn’t see him blow you off like a 12 yr old smitten from seeing his favorite coach. Don’t worry, tomorrow will be better, you can finally start recovering.

Aww, you must be another jilted fan. I hope this loss helps you recover from the horrors Dougie did to you at the gas station or grocery store. I hope your family didn’t see him blow you off like a 12 yr old smitten from seeing his favorite coach. Don’t worry, tomorrow will be better, you can finally start recovering.
????????????????Not even close..... Not a big Bills, Jets or Jags fan ... Could be the nicest guy in the world...could be coaching my favorite or most hated team...Don't really care or matter.....Guy always played not to loose...instead of paly to win. Just my observations.

????????????????Not even close... Not a big Bills, Jets or Jags fan ... Could be the nicest guy in the world...could be coaching my favorite or most hated team...Don't really care or matter...Guy always played not to loose...instead of paly to win. Just my observations.

Revisionist history.

Best post in this thread. Doug did a great job turning the Jags around but meat headed himself out of the Super Bowl.

I'm curious, when did the various Pats fans on here become fans? I remember when people wouldn't want to admit they were Pats fans. Then I knew some that became fans when coach Mac took over. Were some of you Parcells fans first? Maybe it was because they were the dominant team when you were a kid like it was with my older brother growing up in the '70's with Pittsburgh or some friends I have with the Bears because of the '85 team. Or maybe you grew up in Massachusetts.
Been a pats fan since the Jim plunkett days.
throught the steve grogan stanley morgan yrs.
the Darryl stingley yrs.
during the DICK MACPHERSON days (!)
all thru the billy Sullivan yrs, when he went broke promoting the jacksons Victory tour
thru the Victor "remington" kiam years
thru the most embarrassing super bowl performance in history (to that point) vs the bears
thru the drew bledsoe (not doug flutie) yrs
when james orthwein bought the team and wanted to move it to st. louis
im sure my chronology is wrong.

the patriots were a laughing stock and a joke for a large part of their existence
far and away dead last of the 4 major sports in boston.
boston was "not a football town".
Kraft turned the whole thing around,
no way anyone thought what he's achieved was remotely possible.
so yeah there are alot of bandwagon jumpers, but Pats fans
suffered as much as any fans in any sport .
i get the haters though, they're the friggin Yankees of the NFL.

Been a pats fan since the Jim plunkett days.
throught the steve grogan stanley morgan yrs.
the Darryl stingley yrs.
during the DICK MACPHERSON days (!)
all thru the billy Sullivan yrs, when he went broke promoting the jacksons Victory tour
thru the Victor "remington" kiam years
thru the most embarrassing super bowl performance in history (to that point) vs the bears
thru the drew bledsoe (not doug flutie) yrs
when james orthwein bought the team and wanted to move it to st. louis
im sure my chronology is wrong.

the patriots were a laughing stock and a joke for a large part of their existence
far and away dead last of the 4 major sports in boston.
boston was "not a football town".
Kraft turned the whole thing around,
no way anyone thought what he's achieved was remotely possible.
so yeah there are alot of bandwagon jumpers, but Pats fans
suffered as much as any fans in any sport .
i get the haters though, they're the friggin Yankees of the NFL.
They pay the refs to fix the games, it's blatantly obvious.

Technically the Jags won. The TO the Jags created in the 2nd half that they were about to run for a TD but the refs suspiciously blew the whistle - that would have given the Jags 27 points.

So not sure what all the ragging on Marrone is since the Jags technically won.

Lot of crybabies on here though. Pretty funny. You wouldn’t expect to find that on a FOOTBALL board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom