Schedule Rumors | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

I totally agree, I would rather watch us lose to big names, than watch us win against universities I didn’t even know existed
I’d rather win games and have a better record and more bowl appearances to sell to recruits. You get a number next to your name winning games not by losing to better programs. And losing sucks F losing

The NY legislature gave SU money for the Dome repairs to take place in 2004 and 2005 and Syracuse scheduled a series with Buffalo as a make good.
They aren’t going to do us favors unless we act appreciative.

Buffalo does more for NYS than playing UConn.

You're getting into Townie territory with this one...its far from 2005 with the current screwballs in Albany.

If the legislature wants to help us (they don't) they can deal with Comcast and get the ACC network going.

I totally agree, I would rather watch us lose to big names, than watch us win against universities I didn’t even know existed

Zero likes for this post. Shocker.

Really glad this mentality is not shared by Dino, Wildhack, et al.

We need W’s. Period, end of story.
There are no bonus points for degree of difficulty.

L’s to big name programs = L’s.
Period.
There are no good L’s.

We haven’t won a game in the OOC vs a “big name program” in ages.

We get Clemson every year.
Ditto FSU.
And ND every few years also.

We absolutely, positively do NOT need to add additional difficult games to our schedule.

Zero likes for this post. Shocker.

Really glad this mentality is not shared by Dino, Wildhack, et al.

We need W’s. Period, end of story.
There are no bonus points for degree of difficulty.

L’s to big name programs = L’s.
Period.
There are no good L’s.

We haven’t won a game in the OOC vs a “big name program” in ages.

We get Clemson every year.
Ditto FSU.
And ND every few years also.

We absolutely, positively do NOT need to add additional difficult games to our schedule.

and that’s fair, I understand the wins theory and why many people think and feel that way

But IMO to be the best you have to beat the best.

and that’s fair, I understand the wins theory and why many people think and feel that way

But IMO to be the best you have to beat the best.

cough, cough CLEMSON cough cough. :rolleyes:

I mean I get the wins I totally do, I love as well as everyone seeing those wins next to our name.

selfishly, I’d rather see some factory schools come in to play and watch Syracuse beat them or maybe lose to them but hopefully give a challenge. Gain notoriety, show people we are the best. Bring national attention to the program.

I don’t know, I’m excited for the season where we have Purdue and Notre Dame coming into the dome.

like I truly do get and understand your point and others but you can’t say it wouldn’t be pretty cool seeing Georgia or Michigan or Florida or any team in the SEC come in and play.

We complain about attendance all the time and part of that is because the casuals are not interested in seeing a decent name program like syracuse lay a 50pt plus win on some no name school like Holy Cross.

Of course us die hards with season tickets are going to show up all the time with no ifs ands or buts, but those casuals that fill the dome...they are only coming when we play the Clemson’s etc.

like I truly do get and understand your point and others but you can’t say it wouldn’t be pretty cool seeing Georgia or Michigan or Florida or any team in the SEC come in and play.

We complain about attendance all the time and part of that is because the casuals are not interested in seeing a decent name program like syracuse lay a 50pt plus win on some no name school like Holy Cross.

Of course us die hards with season tickets are going to show up all the time with no ifs ands or buts, but those casuals that fill the dome...they are only coming when we play the Clemson’s etc.

You know what solves attendance issues?

WINNING.

You know, like the record increase in season ticket sales after the 10 win season.

Yeah, it was really cool to see LSU come in, and hand us a L.

Super cool taking the L to USC.

Loved taking those L’s vs ND.
awesome!

You know what solves attendance issues?

WINNING.

You know, like the record increase in season ticket sales after the 10 win season.

Yeah, it was really cool to see LSU come in, and hand us a L.

Super cool taking the L to USC.

Loved taking those L’s vs ND.
awesome!

Yeah but everyone just bought those seasons for one game...Clemson. Imagine having the dome rocking for 3 extra games, that’s all I’m saying.

I personally think it’s a huge issue in all of NCAA football, playing super cupcakes. It makes for a lot of boring games

How many people remember the crap teams Rutgers played, but they picked up wins? SU needs to schedule smartly to give the team a chance for bowl games every year, even when you might not be at your best.

its simple we need to schedule to win as many games as possible. when we regularly win at least 7 games we can try one of those made for tv showcase games

That’s a fair assessment

That’s a fair assessment

Winning 7 games consistently got Dazzler fired.

Believe me, it won’t be enough.
Assuming we ever even get there.

And adding harder games that make amassing more W’s that much more challenging does us zero good as a program.

That’s a fair assessment
I agree with this. It is great to play the big names but not so great when you have little chance to win. When was the last year we went undefeated out of conference? I won’t look it up but I think it goes back to the 1990s.

That is way too long. We need to get to the point where we can win all 4 OOC games against decent opponents. Then let’s start looking around for some big scalps to play OOC. We already play ND every couple of years...

I agree with this. It is great to play the big names but not so great when you have little chance to win. When was the last year we went undefeated out of conference? I won’t look it up but I think it goes back to the 1990s.

That is way too long. We need to get to the point where we can win all 4 OOC games against decent opponents. Then let’s start looking around for some big scalps to play OOC. We already play ND every couple of years...

I also will say sometimes my orange colored glasses cloud my judgement and I think we can take on anyone at anytime and win

Winning 7 games consistently got Dazzler fired.

Believe me, it won’t be enough.
Assuming we ever even get there.

And adding harder games that make amassing more W’s that much more challenging does us zero good as a program.
I get scheduling teams we can beat, just not UCrap. Lousy away game and no appeal at home. It would have to be a 2 at home for 1 away to even make it slightly worth it.

We can’t even get 2 for 1 from MAC schools like WMU. Whom we could have lost to this year at home. People are being ridiculous turning their noses up at the easiest possible 2 wins we can schedule and a road game that will be like a home game with more of our fans there than theirs.

Don’t do what’s best for Syracuse because it might help uconn... stupid.

This isn’t happening. UMass doesn’t want to play at Gillette. Missouri is coming to Amherst in a couple of years they aren’t playing us at Gillette. No point in floating the idea

Yea a series with them makes sense but what Syracuse fan wants to drive an extra 2 hours to an empty Gillette when Amherst is closer. And Umass fanbase that actually attends games are Western MA residents who live near the school not Boston area alums.

Our 2 ADs don’t really like each other much eventually it will happen but who knows when. No rush from us playing BC so often. I’d assume the better we do the less they’d want to play us they’d rather get throttled by Alabama or Clemson than Syracuse and would only schedule if they thought they might win.

Happy to give them a home and home since we’d have more fans at both games. I wouldn’t set that series or uconn too far in advance both could drop to FCS at anytime now.

Yea a series with them makes sense but what Syracuse fan wants to drive an extra 2 hours to an empty Gillette when Amherst is closer. And Umass fanbase that actually attends games are Western MA residents who live near the school not Boston area alums.

Our 2 ADs don’t really like each other much eventually it will happen but who knows when. No rush from us playing BC so often. I’d assume the better we do the less they’d want to play us they’d rather get throttled by Alabama or Clemson than Syracuse and would only schedule if they thought they might win.

Happy to give them a home and home since we’d have more fans at both games. I wouldn’t set that series or uconn too far in advance both could drop to FCS at anytime now.
We will never sign a home and home with UMass where our road game is in Amherst.

In a hypothetical season, if we were to get blown out by Clemson in the first game and then won the next 6 or 7 games, I think your "casuals" will be putting their butts in the seats, even for the "meh" games.

We will never sign a home and home with UMass uconn where our road game is in Amherst storz.
fixed it for you.

playing storz st is beyond stupid.

we already have 7 home games and northeast roadies with bc and pitt.

there is abso-tivly posi-lutley no reason to play those idiots.

We will never sign a home and home with UMass where our road game is in Amherst.

Why not? It would be a short ride and easy win. We have twice as many fans as them.

But yeah let’s let ego get in the way of doing what’s best for Syracuse...

It would have happened by now if both sides were interested im hardly holding my breath.

How many people remember the crap teams Rutgers played, but they picked up wins? SU needs to schedule smartly to give the team a chance for bowl games every year, even when you might not be at your best.
Rutgers took a ton of crap on this board for their scheduling practices.

Why not? It would be a short ride and easy win. We have twice as many fans as them.

But yeah let’s let ego get in the way of doing what’s best for Syracuse...

It would have happened by now if both sides were interested im hardly holding my breath.
Ego? lol

A P5 team will not play in Amherst. It just won't.

When was the last time a P5 team played in Amherst? I gave up looking when I reached 2008. None. No P5 team is ever going to schedule a game in a 17K dump like McGuirk.

If you want to keep beating this drum, be my guest. It will just be a waste of effort, though.

It. Will. Never. Happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom