Season was a failure | Syracusefan.com

Season was a failure

I think failure is a bit extreme. Disappointment? Yes. Failure? No.

They basically met my expectations. I just thought we were overhyped coming into the year

When multiple teams set season highs in threes made while playing against your signature 2-3 zone, you need to examine other options or adjustments. JB did not do that. JB did not even consider sitting his son to change up the defensive look, or get some energy on offense. Live by the 2-3, die by the 2-3. This team never even lived.

All the guys we had last year played the same or worse.

Ready for some new blood.

JB always says that he'd rather coach too long than retire too soon. He forgot, though, that he's taking the fans along for that ride too. How do you want to be remembered?

it was a tough season no doubt - same exact season as our recent others - except we found fools gold with some tourny runs - hoping we have a bright future with Girard and Buddy - they seem like they could be real good 4 year players - maybe Battle stays - but we aint playing for a title anytime soon

It's bad basketball, from program construction to Offense to Defense.

Whatever you want to call it, and why...it's bad basketball.

The Battle foul, on their best shooter, with 11 secs on the clock, at the end of the game...it tells you there's just no coaching happening at all.

JB always says that he'd rather coach too long than retire too soon. He forgot, though, that he's taking the fans along for that ride too. How do you want to be remembered?

come on man - we dont have any pros on the team - and Brissett just turned into such a bust - all the guys leaving early to do nothing in the NBA really hurt us - Bazely didnt help either

The season was a massive disappointment, no matter how one wants to spin it.

We have no discernible offensive sets (if you disagree, just look at the garbage we run after EVERY time out), and our defense is, at least in my opinion, obsolete against quality opposition. Newsflash: pretty much every decent team has at least 4 guys on the floor on the floor at any given time who can shoot the 3 ball.

What's the fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom