secondary | Syracusefan.com

secondary

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
not to be one of those posters who has info and wont disclose it all, but im hearing we might be looking at 4 new starters in the secondary next year

not to be one of those posters who has info and wont disclose it all, but im hearing we might be looking at 4 new starters in the secondary next year

That would not be a good thing.

I'd say that a lot depends on what happens with Shamarko / Phil Thomas this offseason.

Even if they both leave, I can't envision a circumstance where Lyn isn't starting.

Eskridge, Reddish, Wilkes, and Mungwa will win the jobs in the spring?

I'd say that a lot depends on what happens with Shamarko / Phil Thomas this offseason.

Even if they both leave, I can't envision a circumstance where Lyn isn't starting.

No guarantee Lyn will be back next year if you catch my drift.

This would be scary IMO. I love the young talent. But there is zero depth and little expirence. Lyn and Eskridge could be a great CB tandem. Shamarko and Desir could really do things in secondary with Mungwa as Okie. Wilkes for depth. Not sure who goes but I get the feeling that the South Florida boys and Marrone are not on the best of terms

Chances of lyn coming back are slim and slim is looking for his car keys right now. Starters... Eskridge, mungwa, reddish, desir

Eskridge was going to start no matter what

are Reddish and Desir ready? i hope so

Wilkes has 'shown flashes' -- I would be comfortable with him

Mungwa is a smart kid -- hopefully he is ready too

Not sold on Anderson at all at corner -- reminds me of a young Kevyn Scott

Does this push McFarlane to the DB instead of RB? I hope not -- would rather see him as an offensive playmaker

Chances of lyn coming back are slim and slim is looking for his car keys right now. Starters... Eskridge, mungwa, reddish, desir

Slim is so forgetful... IB, is it your take that they are being forced off the hill or are just leaving on their own? You would think that Marrone in his fourth year, with heat on him, would want to keep his most talented players. Their attitudes must be really awful i guess...

You really think Desir or Mungwa will play... Mungwa been hurt the whole fall, from camp staight to the last game. Desir is not a cornerback. Eskridge, wilkers, reddish, anderson..jaston george being an important backup. I really feel a freshman will come in and start before Mungwa or Desir

You really think Desir or Mungwa will play... Mungwa been hurt the whole fall, from camp staight to the last game. Desir is not a cornerback. Eskridge, wilkers, reddish, anderson..jaston george being an important backup. I really feel a freshman will come in and start before Mungwa or Desir

What is that based on? Desir is going to play S and Eskridge at CB.

What freshman? Class is pretty much done.

Eskridge at corner, desir at safety. Desir played quite a bit versus Pitt.

Slim is so forgetful... IB, is it your take that they are being forced off the hill or are just leaving on their own? You would think that Marrone in his fourth year, with heat on him, would want to keep his most talented players. Their attitudes must be really awful i guess...

I think shamarko really thinks he will get drafted, which he won't this year, IMO. P Thomas failed drug tests and apparently lyn has a horrible attitude and loves to party don't care what doug does at this point, it's his job and his ass on the line, he recruited these kids not me or grob.

You don't get sent home on the road from pitt for jumping on the bed. I doubt either party feels warm and fuzzy regardless of what is said

I think shamarko really thinks he will get drafted, which he won't this year, IMO. P Thomas failed drug tests and apparently lyn has a horrible attitude and loves to party don't care what doug does at this point, it's his job and his ass on the line, he recruited these kids not me or grob.

You don't get sent home on the road from pitt for jumping on the bed. I doubt either party feels warm and fuzzy regardless of what is said

Every freshman or sophomore loves to party. Heck, everyone period loves to party. Just a case of a guy needing to mature and knowing when and when not to party/miss curfew. Stuff happens.

Every freshman or sophomore loves to party. Heck, everyone period loves to party. Just a case of a guy needing to mature and knowing when and when not to party/miss curfew. Stuff happens.

Ok. If you say so. We shall see.

What is that based on? Desir is going to play S and Eskridge at CB.

What freshman? Class is pretty much done.
If they convert a freshman after losing 3 DB's

Eskridge at corner? The kid is 6'3-6'4. He played Safety during fall and had very good reports fall camp until he was ruled ineligible. Eskridge is a long lanky kid. Looks like a safety. Desir was playing in the okie package after Phil Thomas was ruled ineligible. Eskridge might be the most athelitic DB if lyn, shamarko,thomas leave.

Appreciate the insight. I completely agree with you. Marrone should not get a pass because these kids leave. He recruited them! It is ultimately his fault. I do think the young guys have potential but idk about being ready next year. If the teams fails to get to 8 wins next year... has to be a new coach. I think Marrone has been a solid transition coach but we need someone who can take us to the next level w/ ACC and new facilities.

I know I did and have a few "documentations" to prove it... but i was not a D1 football player. That carries a lot of weight.

I think you will be very disappointed if it comes to that. IMO.
You are probably right.. I just hate that we accept average in an awful conference just because we were awful with Grob. This will be HCDM fourth year. All his kids. No excuses.

You are probably right.. I just hate that we accept average in an awful conference just because we were awful with Grob. This will be HCDM fourth year. All his kids. No excuses.
Most of his kids will still be 1st or 2nd year players. The other ones wont have a ton of experience.

People tend to forget how this program was when GRob left. Urban Meyer would have trouble resurrecting this BS in 3 years.

He didn't get sent home for partying. Lets just say you don't get in a coach's face if you're a player.

Eskridge - FS (RF)
Wilkes - SS (Jr)
Anderson - CB (RJr)
Desir - CB (So)
Reddish - CB (So)
George - CB (RF)
Mungwa - Okie / S (RF)
Whigham - S (TF)
Ford - S (TF)

really would hate to see Lyn depart -- hopefully he sticks it out because we will need him big time next year. Could always move McFarlane, Lewis, or Cornelius to secondary - though I would rather see all 3 remain on the 'O' side of things.

do we bring in a JUCO DB?

Eskridge - FS (RF)
Wilkes - SS (Jr)
Anderson - CB (RJr)
Desir - CB (So)
Reddish - CB (So)
George - CB (RF)
Mungwa - Okie / S (RF)
Whigham - S (TF)
Ford - S (TF)

really would hate to see Lyn depart -- hopefully he sticks it out because we will need him big time next year. Could always move McFarlane, Lewis, or Cornelius to secondary - though I would rather see all 3 remain on the 'O' side of things.

do we bring in a JUCO DB?

Switch positions of Eskridge and Desir.

Depth Chart would probably be:
CB1 Eskridge, George
CB2 Anderson (could easily get jumped), Reddish
SS Wilkes, Mungwa
FS Desir, Whigham

Lyn staying would be tremendous for the CB position, and Shamarko staying would also be awesome. I'm holding out hope on both.

Awesome.

I just hope they perform. It's year four of what needs to be a solid bowl year. Patience to say "but we're so young in the secondary and at tailback and at..." should and lose steam.

2012 is a Just Win, Baby year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom