Selection Sunday Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread

Lunardi 11 AM Update

1615732992748.png

They are picking 4 alternates too, correct? Will that just be the first four out? Edit: sorry just saw the fine purple print!

They are picking 4 alternates too, correct? Will that just be the first four out? Edit: sorry just saw the fine purple print!
It must pain ESPN to not have Duke in the Covid replacement group to keep the hope alive.

Hard for Duke to be in the replacement group if they are locked in a dorm/hotel room.. did they go home after they had the issue or stick around?

They restructured the selection "show" to do it alphabetically 2 years ago, right?
That’s right, I forgot about that.

They started the show by listing every team in alphabetical order.

Takes away some of the drama, but it is nice to find out right away.

Wait, are they saying the "last four out" are the replacement teams?

That makes no sense to me. The 4 replacement teams should be the 4 teams who lost in the first four play in round since they are truly the last four out. Or perhaps even more fair, is if one team has to be disqualified due to COVID after winning a sweet sixteen game, their replacement should be the team they just beat, since they are the closest seeding wise.

You guys are funny. The annual bubble discussion wasn't enough that we need this one too? Anyone for a third?

Edit: Aldacs beat me to it. Anyone for a fourth? That said, I have to admit, I'm reading them all.

Good luck today Cuse fans. Georgetown and Oregon State winning didn't help you but I still see you guys getting in, even if Cincy wins today. You may be relegated to play-in game now but I think you will make a good run. I'm just hoping UVA will get to play in the tourney.
Thanks...but it could be a blessing in disguise.
Would be tremendous If the Orange get in and can get their hands on G-town.

The defending national champs have to be in.
There's got to be a way for UVA.

How confident is everyone that we actually get in?

And is there a strong possibility that we don’t get in at all even if VCU/Cincy both lose?

How confident is everyone that we actually get in?

And is there a strong possibility that we don’t get in at all even if VCU/Cincy both lose?
Pretty confident we’re in no matter what happens today. But we will probably be in the play in game

With Swofford being a lame duck don't expect any back room political help for ACC teams seeding. I still think a lot of the decisions are horse trading by the power players.

It sucks that UNC is 2 spots from being a q1 win. That’s such a better look for us to committee members trying to pick at large teams. Psychologically speaking. Hopefully they’re really drilling down into these resumes and also considering the eye test, especially in a year when everything is so crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom