Seth Davis Picks SU over Duke | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis Picks SU over Duke

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
...vs the spread.

from The Athletic:

Syracuse vs. Duke (-11½), Friday, 9:37 p.m., CBS. This is a dream matchup for a zone-o-phile like me. We should stop being surprised when Jim Boeheim’s team overachieves in March. It’s not just because the zone is so good (it is); it’s also because it’s so unfamiliar. That will be less of an advantage here for three reasons. First, Duke is also a fulltime zone team now, which presumably means the players and coaches should be more comfortable trying to score against it. Second, by the time this game tips off, Mike Krzyzewski will have had six days, not two, to prepare his players for the Syracuse zone. Third and most important, Duke has already played against that Syracuse once this season, and it resulted in a 60-44 win. So why pick an underdog here? Because it will be played at a slow tempo, it’s the NCAA Tournament and that is a pretty big point spread. I doubt Syracuse can win, but I think it can hang. The pick: Syracuse

...vs the spread.

from The Athletic:

Syracuse vs. Duke (-11½), Friday, 9:37 p.m., CBS. This is a dream matchup for a zone-o-phile like me. We should stop being surprised when Jim Boeheim’s team overachieves in March. It’s not just because the zone is so good (it is); it’s also because it’s so unfamiliar. That will be less of an advantage here for three reasons. First, Duke is also a fulltime zone team now, which presumably means the players and coaches should be more comfortable trying to score against it. Second, by the time this game tips off, Mike Krzyzewski will have had six days, not two, to prepare his players for the Syracuse zone. Third and most important, Duke has already played against that Syracuse once this season, and it resulted in a 60-44 win. So why pick an underdog here? Because it will be played at a slow tempo, it’s the NCAA Tournament and that is a pretty big point spread. I doubt Syracuse can win, but I think it can hang. The pick: Syracuse

Seth picking against his alma mater...well, sort of.

Disloyal bum.

If our outside shots are falling, and we can stay out of foul trouble, I think we've got a chance. Tall order, but hey on a neutral court, which will likely be pro-Syracuse, playing with house money/nothing to lose... I like us to keep it close, and maybe just maybe to keep on dancing!!!

we need to get the 3's to just an avg game.. 30-35%. cant continue at .214 and .125 clip..

STEVEHOLT I'm not sure who this guy is, but what does he say about Clemson v Kansas?

Someone please explain to me how Seth has been on tv for 10+ years now? I mean I get how other sucky analysts do it. There is either one perceived redeeming quality or they're hot take artists or they're nice to everyone or they skate by on having played at a high level. With SD I just can't figure it out. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Nothing.

Someone please explain to me how Seth has been on tv for 10+ years now? I mean I get how other sucky analysts do it. There is either one perceived redeeming quality or they're hot take artists or they're nice to everyone or they skate by on having played at a high level. With SD I just can't figure it out. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. Nothing.

Well he's about 200% more qualified than the circus of misfit toys they roll out for the rest of the tourney studio coverage. Barkley is a cartoon character, Candace Parker offers less than nothing in terms of knowledge or analysis, Wally is the same, Kenny can sometimes put a cogent idea together but is mainly there to be a straight man for Charles. It's a complete joke. Seth at least follows the sport.

Kiss of death... :mad:

Please tell me snottleib isn't picking us as well??!!

Seth really meant to say he's a zoneophobe. This guy picks us lose just about all the time no matter who we're playing.

Seth really meant to say he's a zoneophobe. This guy picks us lose just about all the time no matter who we're playing.
True. I just hope he doesn't put us in that "upset lock cabinet with the chains" then we really are screwed.

Well he's about 200% more qualified than the circus of misfit toys they roll out for the rest of the tourney studio coverage. Barkley is a cartoon character, Candace Parker offers less than nothing in terms of knowledge or analysis, Wally is the same, Kenny can sometimes put a cogent idea together but is mainly there to be a straight man for Charles. It's a complete joke. Seth at least follows the sport.

Does he though? I always get the impression he is the guy parodied by Stugotz.
"Watch out for North Dakota St they have this [searching for index card] Sr. PG Jacob Walker".

Heard him on espn podcast years ago [mysteriously never since, not even the cbs one] and came away thoroughly unimpressed with his historical knowledge there as well. It was some sort of retrospective show of 'Best _ of the last 10 years'.

Does he though? I always get the impression he is the guy parodied by Stugotz.
"Watch out for North Dakota St they have this [searching for index card] Sr. PG Jacob Walker".

Heard him on espn podcast years ago [mysteriously never since, not even the cbs one] and came away thoroughly unimpressed with his historical knowledge there as well. It was some sort of retrospective show of 'Best _ of the last 10 years'.

Stugotz Army FTW

Guys. He’s only picking us to beat the spread. He’s not REALLY picking us to win. There’s no jinx!

Correct, and he's right - that's a big spread. I'm very confident in saying SU will cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom