Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a catch-22, no?

If our forwards all end up being good, then missing out on Bazley/Swider isn't a huge deal because we have talent there already. If our forwards suck, Bazley/Swider will have an obvious path to playing time, so the "log jam" won't be a big deal.

Swider has a completely different skill set than all of our forwards right now, so I don't see that as an issue. However, his differing skillset might not be enough to get him here if Brissett/Marek are both as good as advertised, because then we'd have no PT. But then missing out on Swider isn't a huge loss since we have 2 studs at the 3/4 already.
We have to sign them early. Before they know how good these kids are. Or aren't.

I feel like they would complement one another's games. I can see them playing together; giving us inside-out offensive between the interplay between the 2 players. I'd like to see us ink both!

Swider's ability to shoot the 3 and put it on the floor is going to make him a very hot commodity, if he isn't already. Speed and quickness was probably a concern going into the summer circuit. I think he is answering those concerns.

A few paragraphs on Swider...
He left out Syracuse though... :noidea:

Last edited:
OttoinGrotto was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," jdubs30 agreed.

OttoinGrotto saw it clearly in all its spinning reasonableness. There was an elliptical precision about its perfect pair of parts that was graceful and shocking, like good modern art, and at times OttoinGrotto wasn't quite sure that he saw it at all, just the way he was never quite sure about good modern art...

Brother, that was awesome! I think I want some of what you ingested before writing that. Whatever it was, please do it again. (Im being serious)

I can't take credit for that, that's my favorite part of the book Catch-22 by Heller.

I havent read that book, but it sounds like one I would enjoy! You have inspired me, however, to likely watch the new Brad Pitt film War Machine, tonight. I think it is supposed to deliver a similar message/style, and be Pitt's first historically realistic war film, unlike the garbage Hollywood blockbusters. I wonder if Catch 22 would tick off people if it were realeased today due to the dumbed down populace, the way that War Machine has(per some of the IMDB reviews Ive read)?

Anyhow, thanks for that. You seem to have a way to get me thinking about things. (Speaking of which, wasnt the original use of "catch 22" in here used a bit differently than usual?)

I havent read that book, but it sounds like one I would enjoy! You have inspired me, however, to likely watch the new Brad Pitt film War Machine, tonight. I think it is supposed to deliver a similar message/style, and be Pitt's first historically realistic war film, unlike the garbage Hollywood blockbusters. I wonder if Catch 22 would tick off people if it were realeased today due to the dumbed down populace, the way that War Machine has(per some of the IMDB reviews Ive read)?

Anyhow, thanks for that. You seem to have a way to get me thinking about things. (Speaking of which, wasnt the original use of "catch 22" in here used a bit differently than usual?)
Definitely read the book, Captain J. I have a feeling you'll really enjoy it. It's really funny, and the humor sets up some very powerful revelations later.

I believe Heller coined the term in his book, so his original definition is the correct one.

Definitely read the book, Captain J. I have a feeling you'll really enjoy it. It's really funny, and the humor sets up some very powerful revelations later.

I believe Heller coined the term in his book, so his original definition is the correct one.

Wow, I didnt know that. To be clear, I was referring to however the person you replied to used it. I dont even recall exactly now. I've added it to my Amazon Wish List(tm). I wish I could add a link to said Amazon Wishlist like strippers do on their instagrams or f***books or whatever, hoping that johns will buy them the things on it. Sometimes I wish I was a chick. Again, I appreciate your information and inspiration. I hope I never have to write a "DickinMichigan" thread about you, please dont leave this site.

He did, but the term went through several iterations before '22' was settled upon. The book was originally titled Catch-18, but either the publisher or Heller's agent asked him to change it so it wouldn't get confused with another book that was out at the same time. Catch-17 was used but rejected so it wouldn't be confused with Stalag 17, a movie out then.

He did, but the term went through several iterations before '22' was settled upon. The book was originally titled Catch-18, but either the publisher or Heller's agent asked him to change it so it wouldn't get confused with another book that was out at the same time. Catch-17 was used but rejected so it wouldn't be confused with Stalag 17, a movie out then.
That's cool, didn't know that.

Swider guys, Swider. lol

Hope you're right. Our only guarantee for 18 is Buddy. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about anyone as a guarantee

Why would buddy be a guarantee? I don't think it'll be an easy decision for dad or son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom