Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve always been pails.
Well Done Reaction GIF

Not really true re: Kadary. There were a few of us saying he was a stud before he had ever stepped foot on campus.

For the record, I think taking Swider is a no brainer if he wants to come. Probably not ideal to start him alongside Buddy and Joe but I think that’s mostly because we’re stuck starting Joe.
Ironically, the biggest question marks involved Kadary’s defense. Funny how that turned out.

Ironically, the biggest question marks involved Kadary’s defense. Funny how that turned out.
It was definitely his shooting for me. I thought he showed promising touch but his mechanics were a huge mess and it resulted in some pretty bad shooting percentages. His hands defensively was maybe my favorite thing about him; that and his combination of strength and ball handling.

It was definitely his shooting for me. I thought he showed promising touch but his mechanics were a huge mess and it resulted in some pretty bad shooting percentages. His hands defensively was maybe my favorite thing about him; that and his combination of strength and ball handling.
His shooting wasn’t that big a concern for me. I figured we could straighten that out once he got here.
But i distinctly remember folks wondering about his effort on defense. A lot of highlights showed guys just going around him & an almost half-hearted attitude towards D.
It’ll be interesting to see how he performs in conventional m2m at his new school.

I’m sure his announcement will follow shortly after the Syracuse announcements from Woody and the gang

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up here and tbh not a huge fan of this sign. We are going to be so limited athletically next year and slow.

JG3, Buddy, Swider and Boeheim jr...I really don’t get what the staff is doing here to be frank. We are putting together a squad that has Colgate athleticism. Yes they are more SKILLED but how the hell does the staff expect us to compete athletically next year in the ACC. I’m not going to lie it’s getting tough to be excited about next year. I legit don’t think Swider is an upgrade over Newton and Symir certainly isn’t an upgrade over Kadary...I have no clue what the hell the staff is going for right now and it’s worrisome.
All fair but keep in mind for years cuse has had so few teams with multiple capable shooters, and we saw how difficult it is to score without multiple players that can shoot. Of course you want both athleticism and shooting/scoring ability but throw a bunch of athletes out there with only 1-2 who can shoot or create and it gets ugly quickly. I’m not sure which I’d prefer but it’s close.

Swider comes. Q is staying in the draft or for sure transferring too. Yuck
You don’t think Q wants to be here?

Genuinely asking not shooting the messenger

All fair but keep in mind for years cuse has had so few teams with multiple capable shooters, and we saw how difficult it is to score without multiple players that can shoot. Of course you want both athleticism and shooting/scoring ability but throw a bunch of athletes out there with only 1-2 who can shoot or create and it gets ugly quickly. I’m not sure which I’d prefer but it’s close.
I get what you are saying. We have enough guys that can shoot. JG3, Buddy, Benny, and Quincy can keep a team honest. We need some slashers, finishers, guys that can take advantage of all the spacing with all the shooting we will have. Benny will be able to do that, Quincy and Symir to some extent. But that’s literally all we have right now

I get what you are saying. We have enough guys that can shoot. JG3, Buddy, Benny, and Quincy can keep a team honest. We need some slashers, finishers, guys that can take advantage of all the spacing with all the shooting we will have. Benny will be able to do that, Quincy and Symir to some extent. But that’s literally all we have right now
I agree but if we replace them with athletic guys,...and so it goes : ). I’m assuming swider interest + jb coming means Quincy clearly gone (and woody). He probably more than anyone I can recall could realistically go from undrafted to late first if he was allowed to and could show a legit outside game so would be thrilled at his return but assume not and will root for him always

I agree but if we replace them with athletic guys,...and so it goes : ). I’m assuming swider interest + jb coming means Quincy clearly gone (and woody). He probably more than anyone I can recall could realistically go from undrafted to late first if he was allowed to and could show a legit outside game so would be thrilled at his return but assume not and will root for him always

Nah - Swider is a Bras replacement.

Marek’s replacement is/will be Jimmy Jr.

Q’s is TBD.

I’m not saying he’s Larry Bird, but he is similar in size and athletically. He is not a sloth. He can be successful here.
He looks pretty slow to me, but I'd be excited to add him.

He looks pretty slow to me, but I'd be excited to add him.
He’s no burner. But, if he’s smart, understands angles and has the court awareness to know where everyone is on the court, he can be a plus defender in the zone. Foot speed isn’t everything. AG is a tremendous athlete, but his basketball IQ is lacking. I don’t know if Swider possesses the aforementioned court awareness and instincts, but he may.

I’m not saying he’s Larry Bird, but he is similar in size and athletically. He is not a sloth. He can be successful here.
Agreed. Plenty of examples of him in that video running, dribble driving, etc...You don’t have to have Allen Iverson crossover to create shots. People should watch his video. I love he runs out on fast breaks also. Adding this guy is an immediate upgrade and he shows enough athleticism to play in the zone and make the rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom