Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s approaching an age where whether he wants to be here or not isn’t the main issue or priority
Yeah I don’t see him pulling his name out of the draft because of his age. His stock is very unlikely to get higher by coming back if he’ll be 22(?) next summer.

Just would be sad if he pulled his name out and transferred.

Yeah I don’t see him pulling his name out of the draft because of his age. His stock is very unlikely to get higher by coming back if he’ll be 22(?) next summer.

My opinion, which means next to nothing, is that if Quincy were to pull his name from the NBA draft, he’d opt to play overseas rather than come back to school. This is based more on his age than anything having to do with SU or his experience there.

My opinion, which means next to nothing, is that if Quincy were to pull his name from the NBA draft, he’d opt to play overseas rather than come back to school. This is based more on his age than anything having to do with SU or his experience there.
Yupp I would not blame him one but for wanting to go get paid. He’ll likely have more opportunities overseas than the average college player too since he isn’t American and most leagues have restrictions on the number of Americans on rosters.

Too early to tell.

He's participating in this process for a reason -- to get an indication from NBA front office personnel about his NBA prospects. Here's what I think we can expect:
  • He'll participate in the pre-draft process, and get feedback from NBA front office types
  • They'll tell him that he needs to hit the three more consistently, and put the ball on the floor better
  • He'll either get word from some NBA team that -- despite those limitations -- they'll draft him, or he won't get those assurances
  • If he hears that he's even a 2nd round pick from some team -- he's gone
  • If he doesn't get that assurance about being drafted, then he'll decide between:
    • Coming back to SU to work on his game
    • Going pro in some other non-NBA capacity

Too early to tell.

He's participating in this process for a reason -- to get an indication from NBA front office personnel about his NBA prospects. Here's what I think we can expect:
  • He'll participate in the pre-draft process, and get feedback from NBA front office types
  • They'll tell him that he needs to hit the three more consistently, and put the ball on the floor better
  • He'll either get word from some NBA team that -- despite those limitations -- they'll draft him, or he won't get those assurances
  • If he hears that he's even a 2nd round pick from some team -- he's gone
  • If he doesn't get that assurance about being drafted, then he'll decide between:
    • Coming back to SU to work on his game
    • Going pro in some other non-NBA capacity
Yup. We’re pretty much in agreement on things. I don’t put the chances of him returning to SU very high. Like I said before, just my opinion based on my own perceptions. Nothing more.

Gurrier actually turns 22 next month. The main reason I've assumed he was leaving all year.

The zone actually helps us with this kid.
Defense was why he didn’t as play much for Wright.
We have a good relationship and he will be close enough to home that his family can get to games.

GMac gets the win if he comes here.

The zone actually helps us with this kid.
Defense was why he didn’t as play much for Wright.
We have a good relationship and he will be close enough to home that his family can get to games.

GMac gets the win if he comes here.

Lydon was a stretch 4 and got drafted as well. Our program has proven to benefit players in that role. Rutgers makes no sense.

Lydon was a stretch 4 and got drafted as well. Our program has proven to benefit players in that role. Rutgers makes no sense.
It really helps as well he liked GMac.

We were in it till the end last time.

The zone with an actual center like Jesse would protect him.

He can shoot and he isn’t injured like Braswell.
I like a frontcourt of Swider and Williams.

Jimmy could backup both Swider and Williams and get some minutes at C.

No, there aren't any rumors or concern as far as I know, I'm just saying that judging by the fact that our last two 5 star commits (Bazley and Johnson) backed out, I'm taking a 'I'll wait and see' approach.
Bazley and Johnson were top 10 McDonald guys. Think Benny is a step below that. Benny also comes across as a very well-spoken kid who would value the education part more than a guy like Dior. Expect him to be here.

Bazley and Johnson were top 10 McDonald guys. Think Benny is a step below that. Benny also comes across as a very well-spoken kid who would value the education part more than a guy like Dior. Expect him to be here.
Benny is the total opposite of those kids. And that’s a very good thing. His mindset is in the right place as he prepares to make his way to Syracuse.

Lol cmon it’s not like Benny is gonna be crackin in the books

Benny is the total opposite of those kids. And that’s a very good thing. His mindset is in the right place as he prepares to make his way to Syracuse.
You don’t attend St. Andrews Episcopal School (before this season) at $44,000 a year if you don’t have an interest in academics and come from a family that understands the importance of education.

Have you ever heard him speak? Just watch his SU commitment video to get an idea about him and his family. He's a very impressive young man
The only bad post in this thread is the implication you can tell much about a person’s character based on “how they speak.” A recruit with NBA aspirations is not going to be spending much time studying. Would be naive to think otherwise. I have no reason to think anything bad about Benny. I hope he’s great. just being realistic.

You don’t attend St. Andrews Episcopal School (before this season) at $44,000 a year if you don’t have an interest in academics and come from a family that understands the importance of education.
how much do you honestly think academics played into his recruitment? I reject the notion that we can forecast Dior being a bad student and Benny being a great one based on “how they speak.” And what is the tuition at Diors high schools

Last edited:
how much do you honestly think academics played into his recruitment
A great question. I think he is obviously looking at a fit for his basketball skills. Having said that, I think schools that he thinks are not worthy of his consideration academically, are excluded from his list before the list is even put together.

A great question. I think he is obviously looking at a fit for his basketball skills. Having said that, I think schools that he thinks are not worthy of his consideration academically, are excluded from his list before the list is even put together.
Fair enough dash. I won’t pursue this discussion any further. Not important and off topic from Swider anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom