Class of 2018 - SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon

I don't think so. Bazley really likes how his game fits SU and that we put guys in the Association regularly. Bazley is also more of a 4 with 3 skills anyways while King is a straight 3.

Ok, I thought Bazely looked more like a 4 too. But when I posted that in a different thread someone said he was clearly more a 3. So what's the consensus. What's Bazely's best position?

Ok, I thought Bazely looked more like a 4 too. But when I posted that in a different thread someone said he was clearly more a 3. So what's the consensus. What's Bazely's best position?
I think it really matters at who else there to put at the 3 but I like him at a 4 as well.

Personally, I think he's absolutely a 4. It really doesn't matter, I suppose. Don't see him playing in the middle on D, and offensively you could call him the 3, or 4. He has good handle, and shoots the ball well. But, he's definitely a 4 with his size. One who can rebound, and run. The type of player that we thrive with. Call him anything, just glad he's Orange. Gonna tear up the ACC.

Oh, King thread. Louis would definitely fit at the 3. Plenty of room for him there. Our frontcourt would be even more loaded, but he would be the true 3, if he wanted to come.

This visit should be telling. If an UK offers is going to happen, I'd say now or never (well maybe not never)...

This visit should be telling. If an UK offers is going to happen, I'd say now or never (well maybe not never)...
I really hope Kentucky doesn't offer. I would usually never say this but I hope they get Reddish and Williamson so we have a legit shot at King. A class with Bazley, King, Buddy, Carey or Muhammad, and Carrigan or Roberts would be an amazing haul.

I doubt they are all there to see Louis King. I think Borzello asked them who they were there to see and they all replied "Just looking."
I wonder if Cal was carrying a large backpack or valise. ;)

This is the type of stuff Louis retweets...i know kids retweet just about anything that has to do with them but there has been something about Louis recruitment that has bothered me...he has literally been publicly BEGGING for a Kentucky offer from the beginning and still doesn't have one (altho I'd be shocked if he doesn't get offered after the week he has had) but it's like he could give a hoot about all the other great schools that have offered him. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him in Orange along side of bazley and whoever else we bring in but I'm not sure it will happen or that he wants that to happen. Guess time will tell but I just hate the lobbying for the offer!

I don't think so. Bazley really likes how his game fits SU and that we put guys in the Association regularly. Bazley is also more of a 4 with 3 skills anyways while King is a straight 3.
Bazley's game from what I've seen really reminds me of a much more polished, Terrance Roberts. Both lefty 4's but Bazley more athletic/better shot, but play similar on offense IMO.

I wonder if Cal was carrying a large backpack or valise. ;)

Nah, PayCal just authorizes the payments by offering. He's not stupid enough to conduct the actual financial transaction.

This is the type of stuff Louis retweets...i know kids retweet just about anything that has to do with them but there has been something about Louis recruitment that has bothered me...he has literally been publicly BEGGING for a Kentucky offer from the beginning and still doesn't have one (altho I'd be shocked if he doesn't get offered after the week he has had) but it's like he could give a hoot about all the other great schools that have offered him. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him in Orange along side of bazley and whoever else we bring in but I'm not sure it will happen or that he wants that to happen. Guess time will tell but I just hate the lobbying for the offer!
Sometimes it's about getting the offer though. Sometimes a Tucker type is a Swider type

Sometimes it's about getting the offer though. Sometimes a Tucker type is a Swider type

Agreed. Some kids want to be able to say they wanted me, but I did my own thing.

Agreed. Some kids want to be able to say they wanted me, but I did my own thing.

I don't know the answer, but I wonder how many kids have turned down a Kentucky offer the last 5 years. I doubt it's a big number.

I don't know the answer, but I wonder how many kids have turned down a Kentucky offer the last 5 years. I doubt it's a big number.

I don't know how accurate catspause.com is, but according to that website UK offered the following guys in 2016 that ended up elsewhere:

Dennis Smith, Jr.
Josh Langford
Rawle Alkins
TYUS BATTLE
Jason Tatum
Jonathan Isaac
Miles Bridges
VJ King
Harry Giles
Thon Maker
Jarret Allen
MJ Cage
Marques Bolden
Omari Spellman
Udoka Azubuike
Markelle Fultz
Kobi Simmons

I don't know how accurate catspause.com is, but according to that website UK offered the following guys in 2016 that ended up elsewhere:

Dennis Smith, Jr.
Josh Langford
Rawle Alkins
TYUS BATTLE
Jason Tatum
Jonathan Isaac
Miles Bridges
VJ King
Harry Giles
Thon Maker
Jarret Allen
MJ Cage
Marques Bolden
Omari Spellman
Udoka Azubuike
Markelle Fultz
Kobi Simmons

Thanks pfister1

From the same site for the class of 2017 - 19 offers, signed class of 8. Duke took 2 of their top targets, 'Zona took 2, Porter was not a real option. Bamba to Texas, and Trae Young to Ok were the misses to the non elite, top 5 selector schools. One of the unsigned offers was to Zach Brown (?), ranked 219 in the class.

Thanks pfister1

From the same site for the class of 2017 - 19 offers, signed class of 8. Duke took 2 of their top targets, 'Zona took 2, Porter was not a real option. Bamba to Texas, and Trae Young to Ok were the misses to the non elite, top 5 selector schools. One of the unsigned offers was to Zach Brown (?), ranked 219 in the class.
Zack brown was the center committed to UCONN and later St Johns before they released him after he got in trouble with the law. I believe robbery and also I heard there was potential drug problems there too. He was a 5 star til all the troubles though.

Bazley's game from what I've seen really reminds me of a much more polished, Terrance Roberts. Both lefty 4's but Bazley more athletic/better shot, but play similar on offense IMO.

No disrespect to T-Rob but I don't see this at all, other than they are left-handed. Roberts had no handle or outside shot whatsoever. And he wasn't even close to the athlete Bazley is.