Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

For what its worth crystal is calling cuse.

This would be a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Not sure how much it's worth, but hope the 8ball is right, and he's coming in 2017. Would make sense that we haven't heard much about Thorpe, if it happens. We're due for a surprising victory one of these days.

Interesting they have us at 100% and some recent additions to the predictions. It would have to be for this year, you would think, if true.

This would be a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Not sure how much it's worth, but hope the 8ball is right, and he's coming in 2017. Would make sense that we haven't heard much about Thorpe, if it happens. We're due for a surprising victory one of these days.

Interesting they have us at 100% and some recent additions to the predictions. It would have to be for this year, you would think, if true.
They just posted him as 100%. Latest was 2 days ago. Would be a huge pick up.

They just posted him as 100%. Latest was 2 days ago. Would be a huge pick up.

Absolutely. Changes our whole season, and future. With him, we aren't looking so bare in the guard cupboard.

Still need a outside shooting sf imo

Definitely would be nice. Hopefully we can land one. I do believe OB, and MM can handle it. Moyer looks like his shot has improved. OB is a beast regardless. Marek may be the guy. I won't speculate on his shooting ability anymore though. Doesn't go well around here.

After losing Tucker, getting Ayala would be great. Like his game better. We are building a really damn good foundation.

That's a reddit post. It doesn't look legit to me

Yeah, it's an odd post as reddit isn't a great source for recruiting. Well, really not much of a source at all. But, some of his tweets and the crystal ball seem to lend some credence to it.

Yeah, it's an odd post as reddit isn't a great source for recruiting. Well, really not much of a source at all. But, some of his tweets and the crystal ball seem to lend some credence to it.

The post linked to Ayala's twitter where someone tweeted your next and he responded affirmatively as if an announcement was imminent.

The post linked to Ayala's twitter where someone tweeted your next and he responded affirmatively as if an announcement was imminent.

Yeah, I finally figured out this Twitter stuff. Reddit isn't a reliable source is all. But yeah. It looks like he will be making a decision soon reading through the tea leaves of everything. The crystal ball going to 100% Cuse, with that happening recently, and the Twitter stuff looks good to me. Hopefully soon means very soon.

Getting Ayala would explain a lot about us not pursuing Waters too. We all assumed that Boeheim was losing his touch and this would be an awesome get at the perfect time. I hope we all end up with egg on our faces when Boeheim comes through big.

Getting Ayala would explain a lot about us not pursuing Waters too. We all assumed that Boeheim was losing his touch and this would be an awesome get at the perfect time. I hope we all end up with egg on our faces when Boeheim comes through big.

Everything always works out, and more goes on than what we know. Not saying this is automatic as I have no clue, but gotta have some faith in JB. If we bring in Ayala, and Marek or some unknown Grad Transfer at the 3, then all is well. If just Ayala, that's alright too. We have the horses to handle the frontcourt right now, but have a feeling we add a 3. Patience will pay off eventually.

Everything always works out, and more goes on than what we know. Not saying this is automatic as I have no clue, but gotta have some faith in JB. If we bring in Ayala, and Marek or some unknown Grad Transfer at the 3, then all is well. If just Ayala, that's alright too. We have the horses to handle the frontcourt right now, but have a feeling we add a 3. Patience will pay off eventually.

Agreed. I also believe that we are missing out on some elite bigs because we don't have a floor general they want to play with and can make their games better. Wide receivers would not be thrilled if we had no QB. Getting Ayala can put our program back on track and make it much more appealing to all

I think the staff not pursuing Waters is unrelated. JB feels that he's too small.

Need to add a guard. Will be interesting to see if this stuff has legs. I wonder if we'd be better off with the fifth year transfer, who would come off the books and free up a scholarship for the class of 2018.

I think the staff not pursuing Waters is unrelated. JB feels that he's too small.

Need to add a guard. Will be interesting to see if this stuff has legs. I wonder if we'd be better off with the fifth year transfer, who would come off the books and free up a scholarship for the class of 2018.

I hear you on the transfer but a bird in the hand right now may be better. Ayala game continues to improve and he definitely has good upside. There is so much talent in 2018 but no guarantees. Nah left us off his list and it could be because we are in guard limbo. I want to get the boat on course ASAP but I suspect Thorpe would probably more effective but who knows? Ennis was composed and awesome

Yep Waters is unrelated and we have never pursued him at any point. Doesn't seem like many teams are even after decommitting.

Its an interesting question. I think the right Grad could have a bigger impact this season than Ayala but Ayala is a good player and can play both backcourt spots so he fits this 2017 class footprint very well. He gives you more flexibility when filling out the 2018 class and as a sophomore he may be just as good as any incoming 2018 PG would be. I would be fine with Thorpe or Ayala. I just want whoever it is to be on campus over the summer with the rest of the guys.

I'm not sure I can handle another recruiting season like this

LOL, that's another reason I want 17 wrapped up soon. Let it be over and lets see us get some guys signed earlier for 2018.

LOL, that's another reason I want 17 wrapped up soon. Let it be over and lets see us get some guys signed earlier for 2018.
Yeah nice to already have Hughes. And Buddy.

Yeah nice to already have Hughes. And Buddy.

And if we get Ayala we don't have to worry about excepting a frontcourt player or two early that we really want.

IF all this Ayala chatter is true, that's he's announcing soon and people think it's SU, because of the timing I wonder if it has anything to do with not getting Tucker?

While they aren't the same type player, they are both non-inside players and tucker could play some 2.

They may be linked based on numbers too. We have 2 left this year. With Tucker we would have been left with 1 and maybe there is someone else we want to bring in more than Ayala or maybe even save that 1 for 2018. But now with 2 still we will take Ayala.

If it happens, the timing is just a bit curious after it seemed like Ayala was in no hurray and was likely to stay in 2018.

IF all this Ayala chatter is true, that's he's announcing soon and people think it's SU, because of the timing I wonder if it has anything to do with not getting Tucker?

While they aren't the same type player, they are both non-inside players and tucker could play some 2.

They may be linked based on numbers too. We have 2 left this year. With Tucker we would have been left with 1 and maybe there is someone else we want to bring in more than Ayala or maybe even save that 1 for 2018. But now with 2 still we will take Ayala.

If it happens, the timing is just a bit curious after it seemed like Ayala was in no hurray and was likely to stay in 2018.
Was wondering the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom