Class of 2020 - SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new NCAA legislation, if passed, allows everyone to make ONE transfer without needing waivers.

If Griff wants to play for another school, this would be his 2nd transfer request. Unless he's planning on graduating in 3 years, he might have to sit out a year.
Yeah agreed. Griff is either here or going some type of professional route

The new NCAA legislation, if passed, allows everyone to make ONE transfer without needing waivers.

If Griff wants to play for another school, this would be his 2nd transfer request. Unless he's planning on graduating in 3 years, he might have to sit out a year.
I was wondering about this myself. Is it one free transfer once the rule passes, meaning he could transfer away from us and not have to sit out, or would his transfer to Syracuse from before the rule existed count as his one?

This could be an Alan Griffin replacement... Will be a very interesting thing to keep track of
I would assume AG is trying to go pro if the initial plan was him to be an Eli replacement and dip. AG’s “stock” is at a high, given that he will most likely split time with Earl next year if he comes back.

I would assume AG is trying to go pro if the initial plan was him to be an Eli replacement and dip. AG’s “stock” is at a high, given that he will most likely split time with Earl next year if he comes back.
Can’t agree his stock is at a “high”. Pro scouts have eyes and they have def watched this year. If he can’t beat our Braswell for mins how on earth is he gonna beat out ppl at the next level

Who exactly is Earl?

Can’t agree his stock is at a “high”. Pro scouts have eyes and they have def watched this year. If he can’t beat our Braswell for mins how on earth is he gonna beat out ppl at the next level
How can his pro stock (NBA, G League, Overseas) improve if his minutes will essentially be cut in half if he returns? For the entire season, he’s still averaging 14 pts, 6 boards, on 44/36/90 splits on 30 min per game. If the current pt trend continues, he’s going to get 15-20 min a game if he comes back.

I’m not saying the eye test helps but it’s easier to make a case with these stats.

How can his pro stock (NBA, G League, Overseas) improve if his minutes will essentially be cut in half if he returns? For the entire season, he’s still averaging 14 pts, 6 boards, on 44/36/90 splits on 30 min per game. If the current pt trend continues, he’s going to get 15-20 min a game if he comes back.
So if his current trend of bad defense and awful shots continue he isn’t going to be on any professional team, who would want him?. You think his best decision is to go up a level when he’s having trouble playing at this level?

So if his current trend of bad defense and awful shots continue he isn’t going to be on any professional team, who would want him?. You think his best decision is to go up a level when he’s having trouble playing at this level?
My last reply on this, as this is kind of derailing the original thread, but I wouldn’t say he can’t play at the P5 level. He isn’t playing much now since Braswell is a better defender in the 2-3 zone and sometimes he makes bonehead plays. For his pro aspirations, does it really matter if he comes back to college to become a better zone defender? My point is what benefit would he have if he returned to Syracuse to improve on his pro aspirations?

It's a joke from the guy that kept referring to Edwards as eddy. I kept thinking, I have watched every game this year, who the hell is eddy?

I know someone who constantly referred to Arinze Onuaku as "Ze" and could never figure out who he was talking about.

My last reply on this, as this is kind of derailing the original thread, but I wouldn’t say he can’t play at the P5 level. He isn’t playing much now since Braswell is a better defender in the 2-3 zone and sometimes he makes bonehead plays. For his pro aspirations, does it really matter if he comes back to college to become a better zone defender? My point is what benefit would he have if he returned to Syracuse to improve on his pro aspirations?

id say you are both missing the biggest weakness in alan’s game. He can barely dribble.

interesting that people in this thread are looking at powell as a potential AG replacement...AG is a 2 gaurd, too...thats where he should play for SU. I've thought that since the day his transfer to SU became official and think it now.

interesting that people in this thread are looking at powell as a potential AG replacement...AG is a 2 gaurd, too...thats where he should play for SU. I've thought that since the day his transfer to SU became official and think it now.
Me too, although his handle is inadequate..

Depending on who's hot, every player is going to be called "" in the game threads at some point or another. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom