Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Kiyan has so many ways to score. I love that he has been developing all aspects of his arsenal and doesn't have to rely on superior athleticism. Melo has seemingly done a great job guiding Kiyan to work on all the little intricacies of offensive basketball.
Great point. I thought the same thing .. he has a handle, ups, a nice shooting stroke, aggressive instincts, and a wide variety of moves - certain to inflict damage at all 3-levels in college. The NBA DNA shines through.

Last edited:
if kiyan knows he is coming to cuse...he should commit asap, no?

give his fellow future teammates more of a chance to join him and get the momentum building for his class.

if he is truly undecided then he should obviously take his time...

anybody agree/disagree?
I would take all the free trips I could. Get treated like a king and enjoy myself.

#2 Melo
#38 GMac

I knew high but didnt remember how high. I figured you would know lol.

So you think he'll make his decision based on 5 early season games? That doesn't make sense. If the performance of the team matters, he'd wait. If he makes his decision by November, team performance won't be a factor.
idk what his decision is based on but waiting until the team has played games makes sense to me ...just to see what they are looking like...

i think last years showing at maui was pretty indicative of the team that we saw the rest of the way FWIW

idk what his decision is based on but waiting until the team has played games makes sense to me ...just to see what they are looking like...

i think last years showing at maui was pretty indicative of the team that we saw the rest of the way FWIW
If he was waiting to see how the team looked in games, it wouldn't make sense to make an assessment based on November games. It's too small a sample size mostly against teams that should be warm ups, and teams change too much throughout a season to make a judgement in November, especially with how much roster turnover there is from year to year.

We were very different later in the season than we were in Maui.

Wow he just keeps getting better and better. He makes offense look easy like Melo always did and just doesn’t seem get rattled. Liked some of the looks and dishes even if scoring is his first and second focus. Kid is strong going to the rim too. Might be lean but isn’t weak.

Wow he just keeps getting better and better. He makes offense look easy like Melo always did and just doesn’t seem get rattled. Liked some of the looks and dishes even if scoring is his first and second focus. Kid is strong going to the rim too. Might be lean but isn’t weak.
In the game this week that I watched, Kiyan handled the ball for a good part of the second half, had 3 assists including two nice ones setting up a teammate.

Since the ball was mainly in his hands, he showed the ability to create shots for himself. However, he did not looked to give the ball up to the other ball handler (to include Tyler Jackson) on the court.

He is a good shooter and and won’t disappoint if he comes to Syracuse.

Fans need to gauge their expectations appropriately. He will be Kiyan Anthony and not the second coming of Carmelo Anthony.

In the game this week that I watched, Kiyan handled the ball for a good part of the second half, had 3 assists including two nice ones setting up a teammate.

Since the ball was mainly in his hands, he showed the ability to create shots for himself. However, he did not looked to give the ball up to the other ball handler (to include Tyler Jackson) on the court.

He is a good shooter and and won’t disappoint if he comes to Syracuse.

Fans need to gauge their expectations appropriately. He will be Kiyan Anthony and not the second coming of Carmelo Anthony.

Well there won’t ever be another Melo at the college level so that shouldn’t be an issue. You need talent in multiples not one guy so looks like a really nice player that can help a lot early - not a one man show though nor should that be expected.

I know he is taking his time and weighing his options. It would be great if he would commit to Cuse. Be nice to get a commit soon that way he could help recruit other high end players.

If he was waiting to see how the team looked in games, it wouldn't make sense to make an assessment based on November games. It's too small a sample size mostly against teams that should be warm ups, and teams change too much throughout a season to make a judgement in November, especially with how much roster turnover there is from year to year.

We were very different later in the season than we were in Maui.
yeah but theres a window...and waiting too long creates other problems

its not like he could just wait until next august

yeah but theres a window...and waiting too long creates other problems

its not like he could just wait until next august
If he wanted to, he could wait until the spring. Every year there are MAA's that are listed as undecided during the MAA game. He seems to be moving up enough to be elite enough to do that, if he chose. It really doesn't matter. As insiders have already said, he knows where he's going. He just hasn't announced.

If he wanted to, he could wait until the spring. Every year there are MAA's that are listed as undecided during the MAA game. He seems to be moving up enough to be elite enough to do that, if he chose. It really doesn't matter. As insiders have already said, he knows where he's going. He just hasn't announced.
i said august not spring

maybe he could still get away with procrastination

thats not really my point though

all i was saying is that it serves his interests...and ANY recrruit's interests...to commit earlier rather than later to allow for other recruits to join and to help your team build momentum...these guys all recruit each other now...not sure if you've noticed or not.

all i was saying is that it serves his interests...and ANY recrruit's interests...to commit earlier rather than later to allow for other recruits to join and to help your team build momentum...these guys all recruit each other now...not sure if you've noticed or not.
It doesn't serve his interests to soak up any and all of the recruiting process he can - even if his decision has been made?

It doesn't serve his interests to soak up any and all of the recruiting process he can - even if his decision has been made?
i mean,,,,in his case...pretty sure he can take any trip he wants through family wealth...unlike 95% of recruits...so the free trip angle doesnt really seem like that big of a deal for him, imo

for me its just a waste of time...but i can see why people might enjoy getting all the attention and ego-stroking...

if his goal is NBA...which im sure it is ...soakig up recruiting process is just a distraction from putting in work and staying focused

i said august not spring

maybe he could still get away with procrastination

thats not really my point though

I know you said August. I assumed it was sarcasm, since it's so unreasonable. You're changing the conversation. You had said waiting until November would allow him to see how the team was working under Red. I said that wasn't long enough to get a feel, so waiting until November had nothing to do with that.

Announcing the commitment has nothing to do with recruiting other guys. As I said earlier, all the other players know where their buddies are going before we do. If he's recruiting guys for us (or anyone else), he can do it without announcing his commitment.

You really need to stop digging in your heels here.

S
i mean,,,,in his case...pretty sure he can take any trip he wants through family wealth...unlike 95% of recruits...so the free trip angle doesnt really seem like that big of a deal for him, imo

for me its just a waste of time...but i can see why people might enjoy getting all the attention and ego-stroking...

if his goal is NBA...which im sure it is ...soakig up recruiting process is just a distraction from putting in work and staying focused
As Shaw told his kids: “I’m rich. You’re not.”

You clearly know how all this works. How did you go about your recruiting process? I bet you were in the the gym 24/7. Probably had a cot on the sideline so you wouldn't get distracted or waste any time prepping for the show. You really need to start a consulting service to help these kids out. You know, to give them the best shot at success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom