Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said he wasn't a starter until last year. You were wrong. Starting means being on the floor for the opening tip. He's done that in all but five of the games he's played at SU.
5 in 2012-13, but I also have him playing (but not starting) 1 in 2013-14 (V-Tech, he didn't start and played 3 minutes). Either way, plenty of pre-2015/16 starts.

So O13... is Syracuse still going to play home games in White uniforms this year? And if so, what day this week might they officially order this year's new White uniforms?

I think Roberson's playing time will be determined by some of the other players, as opposed to his own ability. There's no reason to play him if Chukwu and Lydon show they can rebound.
Roberson absolutely must be able to knock down the 10-15 footer this year. If he can't do that, his minutes will certainly be more limited.

After AW3's commitment what am I going to do at work all day?
This board will be so boring!!!!

Hopefully the moderators will pin a lineup discussion thread. The combinations are endless. If that doesn't happen, there's always fantasy football. Fantasy football generally helps me get through until November.

That's where we disagree. Joseph might be somewhat of an exception because he could be pretty explosive if he was given a straight line drive, but Nichols and Fair weren't especially crafty with the ball on the deck or that explosive with their first steps. Leaping ability doesn't always translate to speed/agility, but Lydon is a better leaper than Fair and Nichols were, which I think speaks to his ability to 'move'.
you can see Lydon moving baseline to baseline? I can't.

No question about this. As stated earlier the best way to get a quick hook from JB is to miss a defensive assignment. While there is little difference between the SG and SF position offensively there is a huge difference in responsibilities between playing the top of the zone and the F position. To me, the way we expect our forwards to extend to the perimeter, elbow extended, then drop back to protect baseline and rotate into the back side of the post when the ball swings opposite corner is MUCH more challenging than playing the top where the focus is pinching the middle to cut off dribble penetration. Looking back at last November and December Malachi looked lost on more than one occasion. It will be tough enough for a new player to learn one position, much less two, at least by day 1.

I see White at the 2 as part of a rotation with Gillen and Battle who look to be combo guards and Howard who is best suited as a 1. Lydon getting big minutes at the 3 with Moyer backing him up. Eventually either White or Battle work their way into the SF rotation depending on which one masters the zone responsibilities quickest.
You have hit on a key point here. Gillon, White, Moyer, Battle and Picachu have never played our zone in a real game. Whoever gets it will play, some may never get it. Another thing that could kill our hopes would be a returning player who pulls a KJoseph.

Even with an enormously talented roster, there are unknowns. But there were several unknowns as we went into '02-'03 and they seemed to do ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom