Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 184 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I view Lydon as a tweener forward in the NBA. The shooting is the key though with the direction the NBA has headed and thats why he will be a hot commodity in the draft.
Historically, of course, NBA PF's (think blake griffin) are big and powerful -- 6'9 - 6'10" 250+. That's changing with small ball. These days, some smaller "PF's" can play like 3's on offense and then defend NBA bigs down low (Draymon Green). Draymon's only 6'7-8 230. That's about the weight I expect Lydon to play at (+20 lbs. for a 19 y/0 isn't that big a stretch), and Lydon's 6'9. At that height and 225-230, I think he could play a small ball PF at the next level and be a good secondary rim protector. At SF, he'll need to show some quickness and ball handling. We know he can light it up from deep. If he develops a serviceable dribble-drive game (or shows potential), at 6'9 I think he could be a matchup problem for NBA 3's. Right now, he's got length but not strength. That will come ... probably +10 lbs. this year.

Enjoy him while you can.

Last edited:
Was kcsu really saying Friday? Or did he say that just to playfully stir the pot?

Well, he has actually mentioned Friday on two different occasions in last 24 hrs--once today and once around 7pm last night, so thinking it's more than just "playfully stirring the pot". Could set the stage for a fantastic weekend! (and would make quite the "Happy Hour" if it's an afternoon announcement like TT was).

Well, he has actually mentioned Friday on two different occasions in last 24 hrs--once today and once around 7pm last night, so thinking it's more than just "playfully stirring the pot". Could set the stage for a fantastic weekend! (and would make quite the "Happy Hour" if it's an afternoon announcement like TT was).

It's hard to differentiate between fantasy and reality in this ridiculous thread.

Historically, of course, NBA PF's (think blake griffin) are big and powerful -- 6'9 - 6'10" 250+. That's changing with small ball. These days, some smaller "PF's" can play like 3's on offense and then defend NBA bigs down low (Draymon Green). Draymon's only 6'7-8 230. That's about the weight I expect Lydon to play at (+20 lbs. for a 19 y/0 isn't that big a stretch), and Lydon's 6'9. At that height and 225-230, I think he could play a small ball PF at the next level and be a good secondary rim protector. At SF, he'll need to show some quickness and ball handling. We know he can light it up from deep. If he develops a serviceable dribble-drive game (or shows potential), at 6'9 I think he could be a matchup problem for NBA 3's. Right now, he's got length but not strength. That will come ... probably +10 lbs. this year.

Enjoy him while you can.

People talk about Lydon's lack of dribbling skills, but they miss one skill he was pretty good at in a limited role last year:

Playing the post. He's got suck a high release he can shoot over just about everyone.

Thank you. It's just a matter of registration before announcement then, which may or may not happen tomorrow. That makes perfect sense along with the communication breakdown clarification.

As you can see many people appreciate your reports, it's a matter of presentation and a little humility.
I seriously apologize for any trouble I caused. Although some of you seemed to get a kick out of it.

I'd also like to publicly apologize to JarHeadJim.

I seriously apologize for any trouble I caused. Although some of you seemed to get a kick out of it.

I'd also like to publicly apologize to JarHeadJim.

58045772.jpg

People talk about Lydon's lack of dribbling skills, but they miss one skill he was pretty good at in a limited role last year:

Playing the post. He's got suck a high release he can shoot over just about everyone.
Agree .. he's functional there in college, and he's an offensive threat. In the NBA, not so sure he has the bulk to play C even in small ball. But PF .. definitely.

As to SF (at the next level), I'm optimistic. He's still growing into his body. When a kid hits (nearly) 6'9, he's all hands and feet. The rest will develop ... and I think as he gets stronger he'll have more explosion and we'll see the dribble drive game improve. He flashed it last year, and I'm sure he's been in the weight room all summer. Chukwu's looking cut, btw.

20808720-standard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors