Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 207 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that we have the " Jake take" it's all but official but I know that for myself it's going to be sweet to see it in print here online. There is no doubt palpable excitement over the upcoming season. It's been a long time coming that we could be so optimistic about the coming year. I'm looking forward to having a team on the floor that can really take it to Virginia and one which will not necessitate the removal of JB's jacket in the closing moments of the Duke contest.

LGO!!!!

Tired of waiting, want some evidence.

635861320774980673-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-SYRACUSE-DINO-BABERS-PRESS-CONF-78129282.JPG

It's all about belief without evidence.

Well, now that we have the " Jake take" it's all but official but I know that for myself it's going to be sweet to see it in print here online. There is no doubt palpable excitement over the upcoming season. It's been a long time coming that we could be so optimistic about the coming year. I'm looking forward to having a team on the floor that can really take it to Virginia and one which will not necessitate the removal of JB's jacket in the closing moments of the Duke contest.

LGO!!!!

When you look at Duke's roster for this year, doesn't matter who we get, that jacket is coming off!

Not sure if this was already posted, but at the end of "JB's Olympic Report #10" there are some quick thoughts on this coming season. Sounds like JB is fairly optimistic about next season and likes what the team has on paper. Gotta think that part of it has to do with White, right? :D

Jim Boeheim Olympic report: With gold won, it's back to work at SU; Is Tokyo next?

"I'm very eager to get to this season with this team. I like the possibilities, I do. On paper, we've got potential. But I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves. You know, we lost our three leading scorers (Mike Gbinije, 17.5 ppg; Malachi Richardson, 13.4 ppg; and Trevor Cooney, 12.9 ppg), so let's take a minute here and see if we get all of our stuff together."

Not sure if this was already posted, but at the end of "JB's Olympic Report #10" there are some quick thoughts on this coming season. Sounds like JB is fairly optimistic about next season and likes what the team has on paper. Gotta think that part of it has to do with White, right? :D

Jim Boeheim Olympic report: With gold won, it's back to work at SU; Is Tokyo next?

"I'm very eager to get to this season with this team. I like the possibilities, I do. On paper, we've got potential. But I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves. You know, we lost our three leading scorers (Mike Gbinije, 17.5 ppg; Malachi Richardson, 13.4 ppg; and Trevor Cooney, 12.9 ppg), so let's take a minute here and see if we get all of our stuff together."

There is optimism but he's also throwing up the caution flag with the production we lost.

LGO!!!!
LOVE the new avatar!

I agree. He's saying it'll take a while to gel when you lose all that talent and production.

Yep. I think that will probably be one of the biggest challenges for this year's team...getting them to gel and to really develop the team's chemistry with all of the new faces and new roles.

Yep. I think that will probably be one of the biggest challenges for this year's team...getting them to gel and to really develop the team's chemistry with all of the new faces and new roles.
I thoroughly believe JB's experience with the Olympic team and working to turn them into a team in a quick period of time, will pay dividends for him this year with all the new faces. I also totally agree with you that making a team out of a all these new faces will be the biggest challenge by far. As long as we figure it out by March I'm good. If that means a few lumps in December, January, so be it.

Not to speak for O13 but he's said all along they have never been an option. And with no inside info, I can say that's pretty obviously the case. He has never visited VCU, never mentioned them, never shown the slightest interest there. When he was in town he went and shot hoops in Richmond's Gym not theirs. The VCU chatter is 100% driven by myopic fans on twitter convincing one another that if they say they have a shot with White enough times it will become true and that their cute little mid-major program nobody cares about other than students and alum is really some national power. It's pathetic really.

If they still had Shaka Smart, they might have a chance. But he gone.

There is optimism but he's also throwing up the caution flag with the production we lost.

That makes sense. We are integrating so many new guys, including everyone at the top of the zone. Stopping penetration into the middle and learning the slides is going to take a little time. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose a couple games early this year, while everyone is figuring out the system. I think if we get White, we are going to be hell to play by January.

Anyone have a link? I can't find anything online about it. (RE: Press Conference at 2:30)
Not going to be much to it I don't think. Mostly thoughts on his Olympic experience, working with K, coaching melo, thoughts on the team this year. Hopefully someone asks about White and we get something useful, but I doubt it.

So, like...is everyone watching the presser and what not? Got quiet, quickly up in hurr.

So, like...is everyone watching the presser and what not? Got quiet, quickly up in hurr.
Theres between about 250-300 people watching the stream. You've got to imagine Syracusefan is pretty well represented lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom