Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
None at all, the guy avg 16 ppg in the big ten, and we could use another guard.

I don't disagree at all, just pointing out that other than hearing he is going to transfer there is zero indication that SU will be involved.

any chance of moyer playing a 2 3 4 role? The more I see him in high school it makes me wonder. We have 2 true point guards and Battle so its not out of the question.

I don't disagree at all, just pointing out that other than hearing he is going to transfer there is zero indication that SU will be involved.

Does anyone here know how interested we would be in him?

Does anyone here know how interested we would be in him?

know? no.

I'd guess that we would bring him in for a visit if he contacted us and try to get him for this season.

I'm not sure if we would contact him first however.

Also of note it could be that none of the schools can contact him until he gets his release. I don't know the exact rules.

know? no.

I'd guess that we would bring him in for a visit if he contacted us and try to get him for this season.

I'm not sure if we would contact him first however.

Also of note it could be that none of the schools can contact him until he gets his release. I don't know the exact rules.
That would be ridiculous on our end. When Autry Jr is being mentioned getting run on your 2 deep at this level and a guy like this is available, then a phone call doing your due diligence at least should be made. JB called Bill Self to get the word on Wes Johnson when he was bouncing from ISU. Self gave JB the thumbs up and said he would be the perfect fit for our system. I would imagine since White spent 2 years at KU, that JB would give Self another call to see what his attitude and character was like before taking the next step.

Last edited:
Early Twitter tea leaves are saying Virginia Tech could be a favorite... But take that with a grain of salt.

What is option A?

Good question. Is there another transfer option? I'm a little curious about the Orange here.
image.jpeg

Why would this kid want to come to Syracuse? Are we going to tell him that he is going to start? That is what he is looking for.

Why would this kid want to come to Syracuse? Are we going to tell him that he is going to start? That is what he is looking for.

I'm sure he is looking to start, and rightfully so. Not sure he would here. As some have mentioned he would get starter's minutes. But that may not be enough. There is a certain luxury of saying that you are "a starter."

I wonder just how influential is the father in all this, and after an excellent season what exactly is it that they are looking for in a program? I get Nebraska isn't a powerhouse but putting them on your back in the B1G would get you noticed. Why leave?

I'm sure he is looking to start, and rightfully so. Not sure he would here. As some have mentioned he would get starter's minutes. But that may not be enough. There is a certain luxury of saying that you are "a starter."

I wonder just how influential is the father in all this, and after an excellent season what exactly is it that they are looking for in a program? I get Nebraska isn't a powerhouse but putting them on your back in the B1G would get you noticed. Why leave?

Not sure if its true, heard a rumor that is dad is a lot to handle.

Hopefully not in the mold of Marv Marinovich.

And scoring. A veteran to boot? A transfer to entertain for certain.

I'll take that too! I hope the staff is aware and doing something. Those two Louisville transfers were playing great for Don Pitino. He and Gillon could have the same impact.

That would be ridiculous on our end. When Autry Jr is being mentioned getting run on your 2 deep at this level and a guy like this is available, then a phone call doing your due diligence at least should be made. JB called Bill Self to get the word on Wes Johnson when he was bouncing from ISU. Self gave JB the thumbs up and said he would be the perfect fit for our system. I would imagine since White spent 2 years at KU, that JB would give Self another call to see what his attitude and character was like before taking the next step.

I agree but I don't have warm fuzzy's that we will. Perhaps there is another iron in the fire I don't know about. This kid is transferring from a non NCAAT P5 school for his last year of college. I would think a situation where he makes a good team a legit strong contender for making a deep run would be what he is looking for. SU would make sense in that aspect but who knows.

I agree but I don't have warm fuzzy's that we will. Perhaps there is another iron in the fire I don't know about. This kid is transferring from a non NCAAT P5 school for his last year of college. I would think a situation where he makes a good team a legit strong contender for making a deep run would be what he is looking for. SU would make sense in that aspect but who knows.
I agree, particularly a school that just got a 5th year senior drafted, albeit second round, but there are enough eyes on Syracuse basketball to get more than a cursory glance from the scouts. They will be at nearly every game evaluating Lydon and Battle anyway.

Thompson, I'm guessing.

Which drives me nuts, cause they don't have anywhere close to the same skill set.

Thompson isn't helping us this year no matter how you look at it except in practice, especially now.

This is going to be like when Roberson showed up late/got cleared late and was immediately behind everyone else on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom