Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a psychologist so I'm a little sensitive lol
o-13, good, then you can help us:

- We're having acute anxiety over a sport we're not playing, regarding players at a school we're not currently attending that aren't even committed yet;
- We're emotionally overinvested in the outcome of a process we have no control over;
- We're obsessing over minute "issues" that may not even arise;

These conditions are impairing our ability to work efficiently, interrupting our family lives and increasing in intensity and frequency as we near the 2016-17 season.

What's your diagnosis and are there any good drugs available?

I'm pretty sure we're not going to go with a starting backcourt that pairs a freshman combo guard with a 6-7 shooting guard who averaged 0.5 assists last year in 30 minutes per game. So I figure either Gillon or Howard starts alongside Battle, and I assume it'll be Gillon because (promise or not) he wouldn't come here if he had reason to think he'd come off the bench.

So I pencil in Gillon, Battle, White at the 3, and Coleman at the 5 (because you know how Boeheim do sometimes). Though I think Lydon's game works better off the bench than Roberson's game, my guess is that Roberson comes off the bench because JB seems less in love with Roberson than Lydon. So:

Gillon
Battle
White
Lydon
Coleman
As much as I've argued with RF over this, it's because I never thought JB would bring Roberson off the bench. If he does, then yes, this is the way id go as well EXCEPT id start Chukwu over DC.

As much as I've argued with RF over this, it's because I never thought JB would bring Roberson off the bench. If he does, then yes, this is the way id go as well EXCEPT id start Chukwu over DC.

Right, if you are going to sit Roberson might as well sit DC2 as well. Then later when Roberson is in you use DC2 as a post threat (hopefully).

I definitely will.
A few years ago, I told the board that Hopkins was the coach in waiting. You would have thought that I ordered the end of Syracuse basketball by the response I got. Mind you, I wasn't saying I was in favor of Hopkins being the coach in waiting (I am) but that it was a done deal. Last year I reported that the coaches had lost confidence in Joseph. This was in the summer and once again, some posters attacked. Just the way it is. Don't give it a second thought.

I never got the sense he wants to take other visits. I got the sense Uconn/Miami etc wanted him to come, but were not successful so far...
He has a tough decision to make. Until he commits, he is going to be hearing a lot of sales pitches. I am not objective, but if I were, I would think our pitch is quite strong.

o-13, good, then you can help us:

- We're having acute anxiety over a sport we're not playing, regarding players at a school we're not currently attending that aren't even committed yet;
- We're emotionally overinvested in the outcome of a process we have no control over;
- We're obsessing over minute "issues" that may not even arise;

These conditions are impairing our ability to work efficiently, interrupting our family lives and increasing in intensity and frequency as we near the 2016-17 season.

What's your diagnosis and are there any good drugs available?

I have no idea what you are saying. All I see is Orange.

Sigh. White is not a + defender.
Period.

ANY talk of a D-first lineup that mentions him is just wrong.
Sorry.

Lydon and Roberson are our best defensive forwards, barring Moyer really showing something there.
White is... not.
When have you seen White play in SU's 2-3 zone?

Its hard to imagine but TR may be the guy left out of the starting lineup. If he doesn't develop at least a 10 foot jumper he probably should be on the bench. As well as he played at times last year he also had some games where he disappeared for long lengths of time. Depends on how good White really is. If Wes Johnson or Ryan Blackwell were coming in as 5th year seniors they would have put TRob on the bench...imo.
TR's amount of pt would certainly be in question.

But JB has shown a reluctance to pull previous years starters, and even more so for seniors. When you couple that with 7'2"PC and TR would be a situation to be avoided, it makes more sense to have TR play with DC2.

That is a good clarification of your sources. Most of us understand that this information is fluid. Those that don't might be needing to see you on a professional basis. But, please keep posting the information that you are allowed to share, but also be sensitive to information that while we would be excited to hear, might not be what the parties involved would like shared.

I agree with this sentiment. The clarification was very nice.

P.S. What is your rate? It's not for me. I have a friend who is troubled.

Its funny that we are talking about the small lineup here and there>
6'
6'6"
6'7"
6'-8"
6'-9"
That would be a Gillon, Battle, White, Roberson, Lydon line-up. Probably as big as 80% of P5 starting line-ups.

Its hard to imagine but TR may be the guy left out of the starting lineup. If he doesn't develop at least a 10 foot jumper he probably should be on the bench. As well as he played at times last year he also had some games where he disappeared for long lengths of time. Depends on how good White really is. If Wes Johnson or Ryan Blackwell were coming in as 5th year seniors they would have put TRob on the bench...imo.

My concern is Roberson not getting his engine revved up early if he doesn't start.

My concern is Roberson not getting his engine revved up early if he doesn't start.
That's a good point. The coaching staff is going to have to figure out who fits best in which role. I think we have one scholarship left (if White commits), maybe we can offer that to someone that can get Roberson revved up, a fluffer, if you will.

I think this year will be different for Roberson. This is his last year to seriously have a chance of doing well in the NBA draft. He's highly motivated to do well. The light is at the end of the tunnel.

chuckwu couldn't start at providence, and you guys think hes going to come in here and start playing big minutes over a guy with 2 Final 4s, Mr Rb Roberson, and score happy lydon and white??

aint happn'in kids.

chuckwu couldn't start at providence, and you guys think hes going to come in here and start playing big minutes over a guy with 2 Final 4s, Mr Rb Roberson, and score happy lydon and white??

aint happn'in kids.

Agreed, only way Chuck and DC are on the floor at the same time is if the rest of the team simultaneously comes down with food poisoning.

aint happn'in kids.
The only reason Coleman played over Chukwu last year was because Chukwu wasn't eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom