Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could something like this possible concern you?
As I have previously stated in other posts, when I use the word concern, I 100 percent mean that from a basketball perspective. I don't ever lose that. That being said, what I mean is I really think he will help the team and by concern, I guess I mean that I think there is a chance he would not come here.

Dont you guys think he had a pretty good idea of his school was before he decided to transfer so late?

And that cuse is cuse the first and only school he has visited

Hes coming here dont worry but this is hos 3rd school so he will sit on it a bit simply for perception

Good point. He might as well milk it and try to get as much publicity out of it as he can. It's all about brand recognition. These kids today know how to sell themselves. Even though Malachi's verbal didn't pull through he did an absolutely awesome job selling himself after the season was over. I'm still kind of shock he pulled off going first round after not really being on anyone's radar. I think what he did was quite an accomplishment. I'm sure AW3 wants to following in his footsteps. Where is he going to go where he can have an Elite 8 opportunity like Malachi did. We were fielding a bubble team last year! Holy Moly! It's great to be Orange!

.. as if comparisons to the only guy in Syracuse history to play in two final fours is a bad thing.

I get that. You make a really good point. However, you have to admit. As a fan, TC's career wasn't without it's uhhhhh...moments.

Yous guys are brutal. Last tangible "news" I saw a few hours ago ... and about 20 pages back ... was that it was "looking good" to "highly likely", but nothing concrete. Anything after that?

Only 136 more pages until Andrew White commits to Syracuse Popcorn

funny-basketball-face-picture.jpeg

Just to summarize a couple of topics:
  • I agree with several posters who have mentioned that this kid would make us a final four contender. With White, we'd have the offensive firepower to win it all
  • This last week has been exciting as hell:
    • First, we win the TT sweepstakes
    • Then, we hire an impressive AD
    • Now we're waiting on White--a prospect that could put us over the top next season
  • We could STILL be a top 25-ish team, maybe better, without him. But WITH him, we could be a #1 seed and have the type of season that goes along with that
  • NEED TO REEL THIS PROSPECT IN!!!
Also, I'm curious to hear who White reminds people of. After watching lots of clips, he reminds me of Glen Rice. By no means am I suggesting that he is quite of that caliber, but the similarities are numerous.
  • He's a big bodied kid, with a strong physique
  • Nice jump shot
  • Not much of a dribble game
  • Finisher in transition, if he can get a pass and take a step or two en route to the tin. He isn't going to drive, but he can finish strong
Curious to hear who White's game reminds others of.

Last edited:
Only 136 more pages until Andrew White commits to Syracuse Popcorn
I know! This is a whole new world for me. I've never been on the recruiting forum before. Who knew such wonders existed?

I thought things would calm down with Taureen's commitment, but apparently there is another player to obsess about. I am enjoying this immensely. Since I retired in April, I have been to North Carolina, Maine, California, and just got back from Wisconsin. In between, I am kind of bored. I haven't found myself yet.

If only I had something intelligent to contribute . . . oh well, that's never stopped me before!

Also, I'm curious to hear who White reminds people of. After watching lots of clips, he reminds me of Glen Rice. By no means am I suggesting that he is quite of that caliber, but the similarities are numerous.
  • He's a big bodied kid, with a strong physique
  • Nice jump shot
  • Not much of a dribble game
  • Finisher in transition, if he can get a pass and take a step or two en route to the tin. He isn't going to drive, but he can finish strong
Curious to hear who White's game reminds others of.

Tracy Murray from UCLA? Walt Williams from Maryland (without the same floor vision that Williams had).?

Tracy Murray from UCLA? Walt Williams from Maryland (without the same floor vision that Williams had).?

Don't see Williams--who was like a poor man's Magic. Tracy Murray isn't a bad comparison [or even better, maybe Lamond].

Shifting this to an entirely SU related comparison, he reminds me of a thicker / stronger Wes Johnson. Shooter, athletic, pretty good rebounder, not much off the bounce.

Last edited:
I know! This is a whole new world for me. I've never been on the recruiting forum before. Who knew such wonders existed?

I thought things would calm down with Taureen's commitment, but apparently there is another player to obsess about. I am enjoying this immensely. Since I retired in April, I have been to North Carolina, Maine, California, and just got back from Wisconsin. In between, I am kind of bored. I haven't found myself yet.

If only I had something intelligent to contribute . . . oh well, that's never stopped me before!
There are a lot of strange people over here but I like strange .

When recruiting threads start rivaling the Rutgers Dumpster Fire thread you just know we're about to break out big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom