Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you folks need to get back on topic, or, take yourselves over to the TT saloon. Orange79 already provided a warning.

For the other folks... please carry on. Someone has to do it.

Some of you folks need to get back on topic, or, take yourselves over to the TT saloon. Orange79 already provided a warning.

For the other folks... please carry on. Someone has to do it.

Is there any new news on him?

You may not be wedded to any particular starting lineup, but I would think for AW3 it would be important to him to start. From a bball resume standpoint, he would want to be able to say went to KU transferred out for PT at Nebraska and then spent his final year as the starting wing for SU. It would show he was back.

Not an unreasonable request. And pretty easy for JB to accommodate. Then at the first TV timeout you bring in 7'2"PC, Lydon, and maybe FH and press the other team into submission.

And to soothe Lydon, JB could guarantee him a starting spot in '17-'18.

That would be the epitome of "Boeheiming".

On the one hand, my mind says Lydon should stick around until he's a lock for the #1 pick, of course then he gets selected by the sixers who will still be the suckiest team only they'll have 7 big men by then so it feels like a loss. If he leaves as a bit lower pick he could actually land on a better team and have a happy life. So bottom line, Tyler, stick around for the number 1 pick, they have good cheese steaks!

Walking the highwire of forum banishment. There seems to be a lot of that recently in here. Some contend that it's becoming extremely difficult to discern the difference between the OT forum and the AW3 thread. I think the solution to all of it is a simple commitment from AW3.
The coaches are back in town from recruiting and the AD presser is over so......

Ok, so here we are, it is Tuesday and there is no news that I have seen about a weekend visit for Andrew White. This can't be a bad thing, but if he is coming here (and I have faith in our insiders that he is), I just wish he would make it official so I could be officially giddy. Unofficial giddiness is just weird, and my coworkers are starting to give me weird looks.

Last edited:
Ok, so here we are, it is Tuesday and there is no news that I have seen about a weekend visit for Andrew White. This can't be a bad thing, but if he is coming here (and I have faith in our insiders that he is), I just wish he would make it official so I could be officially giddy. Unofficial giddiness is just weird, and my coworkers are getting starting to give me weird looks.
Agree. One would THINK given the short time frame to decide that he would have made another visit this past weekend if he was genuinely looking at other options. I have seen no such news nor seen any indication here that he did. Correct me if I am wrong.

Here's an article from when Andrew was going through the draft process. At the time, he was just thinking NBA or return to Nebraska which is interesting. But seems like a level-headed, well spoken kid.

Barfknecht: Andrew White powers through 'hectic' NBA evaluation process
Interesting quote, suggesting why he may not be on social media during/after his decision to leave UN:

“I’ve gotten all kinds of tweets and messages and people seeing me around who want me to stay,” he said. “People are very into it. I’m grateful for all that support. It’s been big."

SEEMS being the operative word here. you can't really know anything about someone from such a small sample

How so? Kid is a very good student, very well spoken and mature for his age [as evidenced by numerous interviews, not a small sample size, and past coaches / Bill Self's remarks praising his work ethic and lauding what a great kid / teammate / pleasure to coach he is].

Last edited:
Just to be clear, occasional tangents and humor posts are fine. I do it myself. It's the ones that go on for pages that tick people off. Particularly in recruiting threads. For every post in this thread complaining about the hijacks, there are numerous PM complaints. You will notice that humorous posts and tangents in other threads don't go on for pages.

Andrew White is the topic of this thread. Thanks.

So does he start, or come off the bench?

Just to be clear, occasional tangents and humor posts are fine. I do it myself. It's the ones that go on for pages that tick people off. Particularly in recruiting threads. For every post in this thread complaining about the hijacks, there are numerous PM complaints. You will notice that humorous posts and tangents in other threads don't go on for pages.

Starts at the SF

With all due respect, can you 'out' the PM complaints??

I hate hearing that, those people need to be exposed.

You don't need that.

Now, How 'bout them Yankees!!! :cool:

Oh Lord

I don't think he would come here if he wasn't guaranteed to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom