Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, can you 'out' the PM complaints??

I hate hearing that, those people need to be exposed.

You don't need that.

Now, How 'bout them Yankees!!! :cool:

Oh Lord

I did not PM anything and I rarely visit the basketball board, but I can tell you that seeing 6-8 consecutive posts from the same poster that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread is way over the top. We all go on tangents but there's a difference between a tangential post or two and turning a thread into a personal tangent.

Especially one where people are waiting for an outcome.

Last edited:
How so? Kid is a very good student, very well spoken and mature for his age [as evidenced by numerous interviews, not a small sample size, and past coaches / Bill Self's remarks praising his work ethic and lauding what a great kid / teammate / pleasure to coach he is].

Im not saying he isnt those things. Im just saying you really can't tell from interviews and snippets. There's just "seems" to be more to the story here.

Last edited:
I did not PM anything and I rarely visit the basketball board, but I can tell you that seeing 6-8 consecutive posts from the same poster that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread is way over the top. We all go on tangents but there's a difference between a tangential post or two and turning a thread into a personal tangent.

Especially one where people are waiting for an outcome.
on my mouse, i have this little dial that lets me scroll down pretty quick after skimming what any poster is trying to say...

Starts at the SF

So Lydon comes off the bench? I would think he'd get the start at SG with Lydon at SF and Roberson at PF... if he starts. I could see him being used like Waiters was, as firepower off the bench with the green light to do what he wants on offense when he gets in the game.

Let's just say that if/when AW3 signs on, who "starts" will be a good "problem" to have. And that's why Jimmy B gets paid the big bucks. Not us.

I don't think you bring in two grad transfers and sit them.

I don't think you bring in a player like Battle and sit him.

I don't think Lydon is a player that sits.

Regardless of how the starting lineup shakes down, we are going to have a very good lineup with some big time options/lineups off the bench. There still will be plenty of minutes to go around, so some will get starter minutes anyway. The depth and flexible lineups we can put on the court are going to be a lot of fun to watch! Can't wait...

Let's just say that if/when AW3 signs on, who "starts" will be a good "problem" to have. And that's why Jimmy B gets paid the big bucks. Not us.

Regardless of how the starting lineup shakes down, we are going to have a very good lineup with some big time options/lineups off the bench. There still will be plenty of minutes to go around, so some will get starter minutes anyway. The depth and flexible lineups we can put on the court are going to be a lot of fun to watch! Can't wait...
I dont see Battle, Gillon, Lydon or Roberson sitting. But one of them sure as heck will have to agree not to start!

All flights of fancy aside, JB tends to start 4 year seniors...
Pg- Gillon
Sg- Battle
Sf- White
Pf- Roberson
C- DC2
Lydon/Pikachu @ the 17-18 min mark...
Howard @ the first tv to...

So Lydon comes off the bench? I would think he'd get the start at SG with Lydon at SF and Roberson at PF... if he starts. I could see him being used like Waiters was, as firepower off the bench with the green light to do what he wants on offense when he gets in the game.

Lydon definitely starts IMO as he is our best returning two way player. A White Battle backcourt with Roberson and Lydon at the forwards seems very lacking as far as ball handling goes. I think you see Roberson as an energy guy off the bench. I picture his minutes fluctuating due to matchups and his play. Anywhere from 18-35 minutes depending. To me Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon are your starters. White and Lydon spread the floor as forwards. Gillon and Battle are both great at dribble penetration. These 4 would constitute our best offensive lineup. They basically open things up for each other and give the 5th player free reign to crash the glass or get a deep 1on1 post up. It also allows a lot of flexibility with who that 5th player is since Lydon can play the 5 and White is strong enough to hold up at the four for spurts. Roberson, Coleman, Chukwu, Thompson, Moyer and even Howard could all play with those other 4 out there. They are the main nucleus that would make the offense go from what I see.

Lydon definitely starts IMO as he is our best returning two way player. A White Battle backcourt with Roberson and Lydon at the forwards seems very lacking as far as ball handling goes. I think you see Roberson as an energy guy off the bench. I picture his minutes fluctuating due to matchups and his play. Anywhere from 18-35 minutes depending. To me Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon are your starters. White and Lydon spread the floor as forwards. Gillon and Battle are both great at dribble penetration. These 4 would constitute our best offensive lineup. They basically open things up for each other and give the 5th player free reign to crash the glass or get a deep 1on1 post up. It also allows a lot of flexibility with who that 5th player is since Lydon can play the 5 and White is strong enough to hold up at the four for spurts. Roberson, Coleman, Chukwu, Thompson, Moyer and even Howard could all play with those other 4 out there. They are the main nucleus that would make the offense go from what I see.

A lineup with Battle / White in the backcourt and Lydon / Roberson at forward, with either Coleman / Chukwu in the pivot, would potentially be the worst ball handling and passing team we've ever fielded. Not saying that for exaggerated effect, either.

Just to be clear, occasional tangents and humor posts are fine. I do it myself. It's the ones that go on for pages that tick people off. Particularly in recruiting threads. For every post in this thread complaining about the hijacks, there are numerous PM complaints. You will notice that humorous posts and tangents in other threads don't go on for pages.

Andrew White is the topic of this thread. Thanks.

So does he start, or come off the bench?
I have a few picture of some nice wholesome Co Ed's I can add for flavor to this thread!!
:rolling:

I agree except for Lydon. I really think he will be the one who doesn't start. Of all of them, I think he'll be the most receptive to it based off last year when he didn't start and still played a ton. I just have a hard time seeing the graduate transfers (assuming White gets finalized) that we brought in not starting, but could be wrong.

A lineup with Battle / White in the backcourt and Lydon / Roberson at forward, with either Coleman / Chukwu in the pivot, would potentially be the worst ball handling and passing team we've ever fielded. Not saying that for exaggerated effect, either.
That's probably true, but I would not be shocked if that was our token starting lineup.

I feel like 98% of the time we will have one of Gillon/Howard on the floor. You may be exaggerating a bit but for real that is scary ballhandling wise and as you note its not like its a group of transcendent passers who could overcome that. If we see that lineup it will likely be quickly scrapped by JB after a brief look.

I agree. Gillon needs to start at PG.

All flights of fancy aside, JB tends to start 4 year seniors...
Pg- Gillon
Sg- Battle
Sf- White
Pf- Roberson
C- DC2
Lydon/Pikachu @ the 17-18 min mark...
Howard @ the first tv to...
I liked both of these posts as i think either of what you two discuss could easily be the starting lineup. But then a whole other discussion will be what 5 plays the most

I agree except for Lydon. I really think he will be the one who doesn't start. Of all of them, I think he'll be the most receptive to it based off last year when he didn't start and still played a ton. I just have a hard time seeing the graduate transfers (assuming White gets finalized) that we brought in not starting, but could be wrong.

So you are going to start two players that Lydon is far superior to on offense and if not better than them on defense he is at least their equal? My brain cannot process this.

Lydon, Chukwu, Coleman, Roberson

Only 2 of these start and one is not Lydon!!! Look at those 4 names again!

It is just nice to have so many guys worthy of playing time. And, multiple guys at each position with complimentary skills. We can go big, we can go for defense, we can put out a three point shooting squad or a pressing squad, we can go "small" (which would still be bigger than most)...it's going to be a fun year.

So you are going to start two players that Lydon is far superior to on offense and if not better than them on defense he is at least their equal? My brain cannot process this.

You gotta keep the whole team happy. Lydon imo should have started last year but he took one for the team. He may do it again this year. Who knows

I liked both of these posts as i think either of what you two discuss could easily be the starting lineup. But then a whole other discussion will be what 5 plays the most

4 of the 5 who play the most are Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon. The fifth will change depending on how the other guys are paying and the matchups needed on the court IMO.

Lydon brings scoring punch off the bench, which is always good to have... The other 3 haven't really proven to be able to do this yet... Also, Lydon has never started @ SU, so not starting this year will not look like a demotion...eg- TR, DC2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom