Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Today's article stating that Buddy will play for his dad stated that Jim made a comment in June to Buddy that " when you play for me". It then stated that Autry then presented Buddy the offer.

Scholarship?

Walk on? Do you offer walk on or play and try out for it? Either way it seems he's ours.

so done deal and he's getting a scholarship. good move by all. Monkeying around w a kid who deserves a scholarship and doesn't get one b/c his dad coaches the team is bush league. If he's good enough to play, he's good enough for a full scholarship. We dont need another guy in that scenario

so done deal and he's getting a scholarship. good move by all. Monkeying around w a kid who deserves a scholarship and doesn't get one b/c his dad coaches the team is bush league. If he's good enough to play, he's good enough for a full scholarship. We dont need another guy in that scenario

That settles it for 2018. We will sign a guard (Carey) a big (Carigan or Roberts) and wait to see what happens with the roster.

That settles it for 2018. We will sign a guard (Carey) a big (Carigan or Roberts) and wait to see what happens with the roster.
I'm really ok with the scholarship. He earned it and deserves it. Seeing the rapid improvement and knowing he'll give 100 percent is good enough for me.

Sweet to have Buddy in the fold, and not just because he's a relative. The kid's a shooter, and will space the floor for us with his outside firepower. Now Carey has 2 players to dime ... and both know what to do with it. As for a big, what's your preference in the Roberts/Carigan recruitments?

No clue what the actual offer was but scholarship programs do offer "Preferred" walk on status to kids they feel are good enough to play and they will have on the roster. I would assume that is what the offer was but you know what assuming does...

i

Jim Boeheim: Rob Gronkowski fan

Sweet to have Buddy in the fold, and not just because he's a relative. The kid's a shooter, and will space the floor for us with his outside firepower. Now Carey has 2 players to dime ... and both know what to do with it. As for a big, what's your preference in the Roberts/Carigan recruitments?

I haven't seen a ton of either but I prefer Carigan. I like shot blocking/rebouning bigs because those two things usually translate well right away. I think Carigan is more ready to contribute than Roberts and will be a bigger defensive presence. That said I think offensively Roberts has a much higher ceiling than Carigan. I'm not sure which guy the staff prefers but Roberts has had a standing offer for quite some time.

Last edited:
so wait. its unofficially officially a done deal?!

that story seemed to diffuse any confusion out there with recruiters. Boeheim doesn't want to monkey around fellow coaches who may think his son wants to play elsewhere. I think he tried to put this to rest by going to his mouthpiece, Jeff Goodman.

so wait. its unofficially officially a done deal?!
"I'm not going anywhere else. I just want to wait and get the AAU season over with before I make the decision. ... I think I probably have to tell him to make it official."

that story seemed to diffuse any confusion out there with recruiters. Boeheim doesn't want to monkey around fellow coaches who may think his son wants to play elsewhere. I think he tried to put this to rest by going to his mouthpiece, Jeff Goodman.
It was a nice story by Goodman. Nothing more. Jb wasn't and isn't worried about being out recruited for Buddy. I think the Zags offer shows that the Boeheims want Buddy to get offers. Few wouldn't have offered if it wasn't okay by JB.

I didn't read anything that said he is getting a scholarship. Is that somewhere else? My take is that he will walk on and commit to coming. I think Boeheim probably didn't want to waste other coaches time more than anything if Buddy was coming here.

I haven't seen a ton of either but I prefer Carigan. I like shot blocking/rebouning bigs because those two things usually translate well right away. I think Carigan is more ready to contribute than Roberts and will be a bigger defensive presence. That said I think offensively Roberts has a much higher ceiling than Carigan. I'm not sure which guy the staff prefers but Roberts has had a standing offer for quite some time.
I like "DC" to anchor the zone defensively. My concern is that we already have a defensive shot-blocker (Sidibe). We need inside offense to balance the floor, which Roberts seems to bring to the table. Plus Roberts is almost 7 feet ...

We'll know soon .. looks like DC's cutting his list August 1st.

I think Buddy is good enough for a scholarship to play at Syracuse, but, I would prefer he didn't get a scholarship. Seems like an exploitable loophole that should be fully exploited

uh yeah. of course. it will be exploited.

I think Buddy is good enough for a scholarship to play at Syracuse, but, I would prefer he didn't get a scholarship. Seems like an exploitable loophole that should be fully exploited
Especially if it allows us to bring in a Louis King. Obviously need a PG (Carey), big, and then someone who just improves our roster??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom