Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

As long as the economic downturn creates real estate availability on marshall st for a specific apparel store not named Mannys i'm a happy guy. Scam artists usually lose when the tide goes out

Obviously you’ve never gone to shirtworld and fallen victim to any of Jacob’s 1,000 scams.

Right, I get that... except this seems fair.

I've had 2 bad experiences with the Shirt World folks.
First was years ago at the Fair when I scratched off my cc numbers on my receipt, and they refused to give me my purchase.

Second was this past bball, when I was attempting to pull into a parking spot directly across the street. A friend and I were parking right before a game, when Dave or whatever his name is jumped into the spot and physically blocked me out. I told him I was trying to park, and he said the spot was being held for someone and was taken. I said, "You can't do that." He said, "The spot is taken." I told him he was a di..., and I will never shop in his store. He screamed, "erF U BiT1ch."
I will never shop in that store ever!

I've had 2 bad experiences with the Shirt World folks.
First was years ago at the Fair when I scratched off my cc numbers on my receipt, and they refused to give me my purchase.

Second was this past bball, when I was attempting to pull into a parking spot directly across the street. A friend and I were parking right before a game, when Dave or whatever his name is jumped into the spot and physically blocked me out. I told him I was trying to park, and he said the spot was being held for someone and was taken. I said, "You can't do that." He said, "The spot is taken." I told him he was a di..., and I will never shop in his store. He screamed, "erF U BiT1ch."
I will never shop in that store ever!
I want to slap him so bad.

From a Facebook fan page today...

“A tale of 2 SU sports stores on the hill. Christmas shopping with my wife to send SU stuff to relatives in NC. Spent $150 in Manny’s and the guy who has been there forever was thanking us for helping out a local business. We then walk to our car when the owner of shirt world yells to us hey I got a great deal for you. I politely say sorry not interested and he goes into a profanity laced tirade against Manny’s and against me. After I exchange words I go to my vehicle to leave and he continues to yell profanity at me in the middle of Marshall St. I try to back out and he is blocking my way so I get out to confront him. I walk up to go chest to chest and he screams that I touched him so he pushes me. I don’t know what came over me but I didn’t hit him I just laughed
at him and walked away. Long story short shop at Manny’s and avoid shirt world and Dave Jacobs.”

what I don’t understand, is we all hate the place, and we continue to hear stories like this, so how the heck are they still open? Why does the lack of our business not cause him to shut down? I’m guessing there are enough people out there that just do t know any better?

“A tale of 2 SU sports stores on the hill. Christmas shopping with my wife to send SU stuff to relatives in NC. Spent $150 in Manny’s and the guy who has been there forever was thanking us for helping out a local business. We then walk to our car when the owner of shirt world yells to us hey I got a great deal for you. I politely say sorry not interested and he goes into a profanity laced tirade against Manny’s and against me. After I exchange words I go to my vehicle to leave and he continues to yell profanity at me in the middle of Marshall St. I try to back out and he is blocking my way so I get out to confront him. I walk up to go chest to chest and he screams that I touched him so he pushes me. I don’t know what came over me but I didn’t hit him I just laughed
at him and walked away. Long story short shop at Manny’s and avoid shirt world and Dave Jacobs.”

what I don’t understand, is we all hate the place, and we continue to hear stories like this, so how the heck are they still open? Why does the lack of our business not cause him to shut down? I’m guessing there are enough people out there that just do t know any better?
Some great comments on there from some of our posters plus from former players like Red Bruin.

I have to admit though that seeing this thread being bumped to the top when I saw my alerts put a huge smile on my face.

I have to admit though that seeing this thread being bumped to the top when I saw my alerts put a huge smile on my face.
I agree... me every time this thread gets bumped
giphy.gif

Just walk by on game day and you'll see. The place is always packed.

To quote Peyton Manning, Jacobs is our "idiot kicker."

If Jacobs derived no income from it, I think a hidden camera reality show might work.

It wouldn't be the holiday season without a Dave Jacobs profanity-laced tirade!! HAPPY HOLIDAY'S EVERYONE!

This guy is a piece of work. Would never wish for COVID to put someone's business out of business but here I Don't think anyone would shed a tear if that were the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom