Should Gbinije jump to the NBA? | Syracusefan.com

Should Gbinije jump to the NBA?

Cusefan10923

Walk On
Ok everyone is going to read this title and say whaaaaatttt. But hear me out. Boeheim has come out and said that he doesn't play 4 guards. We all know this, he has a 3 guard rotation and the 4th guard is always the odd man out, getting MCW minutes from a couple years ago...and that's only if that 4th guard is pretty good. That's why Cooney redshirted, he was the 5th guard that year with no chance of seeing the court. Well next year we will have Ennis, Gbinije, Cooney, and Patterson. Throw BJ in there if you think he'll play the 2. Let's fast forward to the 2014-2015 year in which we all hope we will have Joseph coming in as a freshman. Well do the math that's 5 guards plus BJ. Two points and three SG. That's a major logjam at guard, and every time we have had a potential logjam at positions it always works itself out in the end, usually with a player leaving even when we cannot foresee that happening at the time. All I am trying to point out here is I wonder if Jimmy knows something we don't, considering he always does...such as, is he planning that Gbinije could possibly leave for the draft after this upcoming season? Think about it, we know almost nothing about him except he has great size and length, went to Duke so you know he is good and smart. I mean he sat behind Rivers his freshman year. Even though he sat out last year he very well might be the kind of player who would have left Duke early, we just don't know. Unlike Wes a few years ago when he was redshirting and everyone was saying he was the best player on the team, everything has been very quiet on Gbinije, I haven't heard Jimmy mention him once all year. Just a thought I had and wanted to share on here. I could be completely wrong, but either way that is a potential logjam at the guard.

Horrible thread title dude, you're going to give a lot of people heart attacks!

6e5eaa86-e447-30b3-a529-206412f096c1

Fixed. I AM completely wrong, but either way that is a potential logjam at the guard.[/quote]
During the season JB doesn't talk about players who are not playing. I can see the press conference now. Question "Jim, Trevor was really the difference in the first half of your BET semifinal game against Georgetown. Do you see him playing in the NCAA? " Answer: Well yes he was but you should see this transfer from Duke we have on the bench who hasn't played all season and is not going to play in the NCAA tournament. Just wait until next year."

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Ok everyone is going to read this title and say whaaaaatttt. But hear me out. Boeheim has come out and said that he doesn't play 4 guards. We all know this, he has a 3 guard rotation and the 4th guard is always the odd man out, getting MCW minutes from a couple years ago...and that's only if that 4th guard is pretty good. That's why Cooney redshirted, he was the 5th guard that year with no chance of seeing the court. Unlike Wes a few years ago when he was redshirting and everyone was saying he was the best player on the team, everything has been very quiet on Gbinije, I haven't heard Jimmy mention him once all year. Just a thought I had and wanted to share on here. I could be completely wrong, but either way that is a potential logjam at the guard.

The only part of this post I agree with is the very first sentence. You nailed that part.

Alright boys no need to bash me from your cubicles. I'm just posting a question and looking for some actual responses and opinions, isn't that the whole point of this forum? Maybe I rambled too long but there's no denying that logjam at guard it's a fact not an opinion. And word around campus has been how nasty Gbinije is and how he's going to kill it next year. Hence my post.

Alright boys no need to bash me from your cubicles. I'm just posting a question and looking for some actual responses and opinions, isn't that the whole point of this forum? Maybe I rambled too long but there's no denying that logjam at guard it's a fact not an opinion. And word around campus has been how nasty Gbinije is and how he's going to kill it next year. Hence my post.
Is it possible that G leaves after playing only one year at Syracuse, of course. But not likely, in my opinion. I think he is going to be a great player for us, but not likely that he leaves after only one year. The players most likely to effected by the logjam are Cooney and the freshmen. Ennis is going to get minutes, because he is the only true point guard. I think that four guys can get consistent minutes. I think Dion was so good his sophomore year, he deserved ALL the minutes that Scoop and BT didn't get. Next year, I believe that the minutes will be spread out a bit more. If one player is playing well, he may get more run in a given game, but at the end of the year, I think Ennis and G will probably have the most minutes, and Cooney, Patterson and BJ will have about the same amount of playing time, unless one of them really steps up. Potentially, one of those three could be upset at their playing time and want to move on, but I think they all understand that they will get their turn. I hope they all stick around, because they are all great players that will contribute to the program.

It's not completely unfounded that Ennis or G will be gone by Joseph's Soph year (if he comes here) for him to take over one of the gaurd spots but it's waaaaaay too early to speculate since all 4 or 5 gaurds next year are ?'s. 1 or 2 will probably show pro potential but I don't think our 2014 PG commit will be needed to be a 30 mpg player as a Frosh.

Well, at least you got what you wanted.

You're a more patient man than myself. I can only take about 10 absurd posts from the same person and I go Etan Thomas on 'em.

etanvsuconn.jpg
Damn Etan blocked that from a different area code. He is counting his blocks with his right hand, looks like three so far? He is also thinking of words that rhyme with El-Amin.

How about a title of "Should Gbinije jump to the NBA?".

Damn Etan blocked that from a different area code. He is counting his blocks with his right hand, looks like three so far? He is also thinking of words that rhyme with El-Amin.

I can't post youtube clips from work but there is a great highlight reel of Etan Thomas blocks. Still one of my all time favorite players and worth watching if you've forgotten how badly he destroyed oppositions shots. There is one vs Indiana where a guy goes weak to the rim and Etan spikes it off the face of one of the guys IU teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom