Shrader is a Leader | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader is a Leader

We might have beaten Rutgers. Maybe. That’s the difference.

Just so hard for some people to let go.

He’s gone, TD isn’t coming back. It’s ok we’re a better team without him. Nobody is angry you held on so long, argued against what some people were seeing a couple years ago, wanted him to succeed so badly it blinded your ability to analyze games. Granted, these same things were true for being the last holdout for Shafer too but let’s move on. Embrace an SU team that wins with a guy with a beard. It’ll bring joy to your saturdays.

Disagree, don’t discount the extra practice time and what it can do for confidence, scheme etc.
Not discounting anything. The reason we don’t know is that it’s a hypothetical - a guess - but we only lost 1 game during that period. So the best we could do is +1 win. Maybe that translates to a win in the Wake or FSU games?

That’s a lot of guessin

To the WR's: You guys have GOT TO catch those balls in the endzone. Every guy playing at this level of college football has a dream to play in the League and make that money, you won't be getting any looks if you don't catch passes that hit you in the hands in the endzone.

To the WR's: You guys have GOT TO catch those balls in the endzone. Every guy playing at this level of college football has a dream to play in the League and make that money, you won't be getting any looks if you don't catch passes that hit you in the hands in the endzone.
Agreed. It’s so easy

Not discounting anything. The reason we don’t know is that it’s a hypothetical - a guess - but we only lost 1 game during that period. So the best we could do is +1 win. Maybe that translates to a win in the Wake or FSU games?

That’s a lot of guessin
It is all guessing. But I wonder if Shrader was named starter at the beginning of camp, does he get a rapport with Taj? If so does that keep Taj here all season since he is more confident he will get the ball? Does that make us better, or are we better off without Taj?

It is all guessing. But I wonder if Shrader was named starter at the beginning of camp, does he get a rapport with Taj? If so does that keep Taj here all season since he is more confident he will get the ball? Does that make us better, or are we better off without Taj?
I think with Shrader as QB1 that automatically shifts our scheme to more smash mouth than air attack so I think it was a lost cause with Taj anyway. Probably would have lost him even sooner. Just my guess though.

When was the White House attacked?

ab2926a4-d9ce-4bcb-abc1-04c2bb541db9_text.gif

I think with Shrader as QB1 that automatically shifts our scheme to more smash mouth than air attack so I think it was a lost cause with Taj anyway. Probably would have lost him even sooner. Just my guess though.
Dino has always wanted to run the ball first. Yes, there would be more emphasis on the run with Shrader but we would still need to pass it.

First 2 games of the year we threw it 25x a game. In ACC play we are throwing it 30.25x per game. So with Shrader we are throwing it more.

That’s a lot of guessin

I do think the chemistry on the team plays into this

No matter what you say, when you have a QB controversy it causes divides in the locker room.

Guys become friends and politics play into it, even if you say they aren’t.

Guys that had been on the team had an allegiance to TD. When GS took over it put the players in a weird spot. Do you show allegiance to TD your old buddy or ride with the new guy that you don’t know?

It’s very obvious, especially being at the game this weekend, that Shrader isn’t a lone wolf any longer

When we were at Ohio and at the Rutgers game he stood mostly by himself, no one talked to him etc

This week at VT, he was the center of everything on the bench, all the guys talking to him. No longer standing off to the end of the bench playing catch with himself.

The locker room has changed since TD left and it’s not even TDs fault….it’s just the nature of the beast.

I think if this happens preseason I think we are looking at 6-2/7-1 football team and Tucker is leading in the Heisman watch… Obviously this last part is just speculation

Not sure why so many want to go back in time. The process is the process. A lot of people are assuming what Shrader is now is what he was in August. He obvious struggled with some of the concepts early on. You heard it in his interviews. He's gotten better each game and the offensive has evolved. It takes time to implement new schemes and build continuity. Sometimes fans forget that its a process.

Not sure why so many want to go back in time. The process is the process. A lot of people are assuming what Shrader is now is what he was in August. He obvious struggled with some of the concepts early on. You heard it in his interviews. He's gotten better each game and the offensive has evolved. It takes time to implement new schemes and build continuity. Sometimes fans forget that its a process.
Above all what we do have now is a sense of hope. The off-season changes have largely panned out, and to his credit, HCDB isn't holding back anymore about tinkering with the lineup. We look like a team again, not a mishmash of round pegs in square holes. If we make a bowl, it'll be an even better sign for the future.

Above all what we do have now is a sense of hope. The off-season changes have largely panned out, and to his credit, HCDB isn't holding back anymore about tinkering with the lineup. We look like a team again, not a mishmash of round pegs in square holes. If we make a bowl, it'll be an even better sign for the future.
I’m waiting for someone to post the Shawshank clip ….I’m too lazy .

I do think the chemistry on the team plays into this

No matter what you say, when you have a QB controversy it causes divides in the locker room.

Guys become friends and politics play into it, even if you say they aren’t.

Guys that had been on the team had an allegiance to TD. When GS took over it put the players in a weird spot. Do you show allegiance to TD your old buddy or ride with the new guy that you don’t know?

It’s very obvious, especially being at the game this weekend, that Shrader isn’t a lone wolf any longer

When we were at Ohio and at the Rutgers game he stood mostly by himself, no one talked to him etc

This week at VT, he was the center of everything on the bench, all the guys talking to him. No longer standing off to the end of the bench playing catch with himself.

The locker room has changed since TD left and it’s not even TDs fault….it’s just the nature of the beast.

I think if this happens preseason I think we are looking at 6-2/7-1 football team and Tucker is leading in the Heisman watch… Obviously this last part is just speculation
Yep great post heeter

Excluding national championships; it's just a different time for our program. Shrader could be a better Tim Tebow for us. He should shatter a multitude of school records. Just like Tebow, can't see any possibility he plays qb in the NFL. But, it's going to be a fun college ride for him, and us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom