Shrader is a Leader | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader is a Leader

I wonder if article Tommy was ever seen by his teammates. If so, he was dragging the team down. If he was telling people the last three years if the coaches listened to me we would be better, he was putting doubt in his teammates heads about the coaching staff. If he was telling people if he played we beat FSU and/or Wake and/or Clemson then it puts doubts in teammates heads. We don’t know if article Tommy came out with his teammates. If it did, he was dragging the team down which is the opposite of a leader. Putting blame elsewhere to prop yourself up. I hope that wasn’t the case.

I wonder if article Tommy was ever seen by his teammates. If so, he was dragging the team down. If he was telling people the last three years if the coaches listened to me we would be better, he was putting doubt in his teammates heads about the coaching staff. If he was telling people if he played we beat FSU and/or Wake and/or Clemson then it puts doubts in teammates heads. We don’t know if article Tommy came out with his teammates. If it did, he was dragging the team down which is the opposite of a leader. Putting blame elsewhere to prop yourself up. I hope that wasn’t the case.
My guess is schools aren’t reaching out like he thought so he’s deflecting the failures onto others.

Let’s blame Dino for the attack on the White House while you’re at it. This was the best - and toughest- decision he made this year and it turned the season around.
He was forced to make that decision because he finally knew TD was not the "man" two seasons to late. If not for Gilbert GS would not be wearing orange as Dino was going to ride with TD to the end!

He was forced to make that decision because he finally knew TD was not the "man" two seasons to late. If not for Gilbert GS would not be wearing orange as Dino was going to ride with TD to the end!
Well...he DIDNT ride with him to the end.

He and Tucker are a deadly combo
Next year we have Mang/Hough in the blocking Rhino role. Why not have more wishbone sets with an electric playmaker like Pena in the backfield with #44 Sean Tucker. Our OL has some road graders coming back in Bergeron Bleich Ellis Davis. Receivers Alford and Jackson; Queeley and Gadsden in reserve.

If we can get some of our coaching issues ironed out I can see a top 25 team next year.

Last edited:
I'm there with you. He's a better runner than Dungey, more top end speed and natural strength. I think Dungey was a better passer at the same stage. It'll be intersting to see how much Shrader can improve there. The most important thing is he has "it." That throw to win the game was nearly elite. The one that Johnson missed was nearly as good. I don't know if he has more moxy than Dungey but he's right there.
I think Dungey had better receivers to work with at the same stage. But the current group is young and starting to come alive. They could end up being better.

Was he forced to look for transfers two years ago? He practically had Fortin locked up but Clemson's OC convinced him to go to S Florida with him.

Was he forced to look for transfers two years ago? He practically had Fortin locked up but Clemson's OC convinced him to go to S Florida with him.
He had Welch, who showed he was capable in the PITT game, probably showed that in practice too. He could of won with Welch, just like he did with Dungey and now Shrade. He's got Sterlin now, who I'm very high on, he's the guy with real connection's in the south and Texas and has a good eye for talent, roll with him.

He had Welch, who showed he was capable in the PITT game, probably showed that in practice too. He could of won with Welch, just like he did with Dungey and now Shrade. He's got Sterlin now, who I'm very high on, he's the guy with real connection's in the south and Texas and has a good eye for talent, roll with him.
Too small of a sample size to say he could have won with him. Welch didn’t look too hot vs Ville. Every player has their limitations. The more you play the more teams prepare to exploit them. Teams didn’t have to do that for Welch. Do you think we go bowling if Welch started that year? Not sure how anyone that is not part of the staff can determine that.

Too small of a sample size to say he could have won with him. Welch didn’t look too hot vs Ville. Every player has their limitations. The more you play the more teams prepare to exploit them. Teams didn’t have to do that for Welch. Do you think we go bowling if Welch started that year? Not sure how anyone can determine that.
I thought he had the tool kit that the offense needed to succeed. After the Maryland game I thought everything should have been on the table. That was a catastrophic setback for the program and a huge red flag.

What article was there ? I missed that

Kids a true leader. He asked a photographer to take a pic with him and the offensive line and thanked them for the great job. We really lucked out with this kid.
Yep sometimes the little things truly do mean a lot, in this case symbolically. That pic is huge, a huge statement toward this:

Yep sometimes the little things truly do mean a lot, in this case symbolically. That pic is huge, a huge statement toward this:
You can’t teach leadership.

You can’t teach leadership.
Yep part of the “it” quality. You either have it from your background or you don’t. Safe to say this kid has “IT”.

On and off the field being smart enough not to be in the media’s eye/social media glare before taking the reins and now not gloating on this. We have a winner here folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom