So... Did Benny end up going to practice? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So... Did Benny end up going to practice?

None of this shows up in analytical data. At all.
In fact, literally the opposite

5 mins vs Richmond - DRtg 108, Second Best on team
4 mins vs Bryant - DRtg 98, Second Best on team
13 mins vs Cornell - DRtg 84, Second Best on team

So what specific can you point to that suggests he was lost on defense in his limited minutes. Any facts the other way would be welcomed. Always up for good debate
To be fair, you’re talking about Maliq Brown. The OP was talking about some Malik guy.

Name one other D1 coach who gives kids quick hooks like Gus
Who doesnt reward the kids playing well with starts?
Who refuse to start a different 2nd half five?
Who put down there own players in post game press conferences. I cant name one.
Gus is unique. His criteria for starting is supposedly based on practice performance, yet it isnt.
His public put down of players and quick hooks is supposed to make them better.
Gus runs his ship differently than most and it worked for about 40 years.
The last 7 or so it hasn't. Maybe Gus will change but i doubt it.
Stop trying to make Gus happen.

Stop trying to make Gus happen.
79mcb6.jpg

Lazor 6’9”,was a good player, but unfortunately for him, he wasn’t going to play over John Wallace his first 2 years. Wallace had actually graduated when Lazor left for his junior year, right after we were in the Final 4. He and his family were mad he didn’t get more playing time but in those 2 years, we had Lawrence Moten, Luke Jackson, John Wallace and Todd Burgan but only Todd Burgan hadn’t graduated when Lazor left - so odd timing. He really improved going head to head with Wallace his first 2 years in practice too. I saw a number of practices back then and Bobby’s dad, a former Pitt player, was often there. Bobby preferred sitting out a year at Arizona State where he did well. Unfortunately for him Arizona State never made the NCAA’s his 2 years there. He was drafted in the 6th round of the CBA draft by Grand Rapids.
We had Winfred Walton coming in the next year - I’m guessing he was scared off by him? Also, Ryan Blackwell though he had to sit out that year.

Joe has never been a good much less great ball handler, and in most of his career his scoring makes up for that. If you think he is /was I do not know what to say to you.
The thing I find strange is removed from most of the ball handling his scoring production lately has been lacking. Not sure what is going on with that.

Don’t know what to tell you. I posted a fact.

You are right, it's all speculation because it's not a normal everyday occurrence and it coincided with him not starting and then playing 7 minutes. Of course we all hope it's not something bigger than the game but his body language all season has screamed pouting when he's not playing.

To JBs credit, after being an @hole, he did say Benny took a personal day and will be back at practice on Wednesday.

I'm still a little bent by the way JB responded. The kid asked a question that his audience would want to know. Yes it was the biggest question of the day. You can only ask so many questions about losing.
Maybe Jim should submit questions he wants to answer. You can’t ask about end game situations- he storms off. You can’t ask about obvious personnel matters.

What’s left? Where are you eating after the game?

Don’t know what to tell you. I posted a fact.
LOL that's like saying getting blocks or getting steals = you're good at defense...ummm NO

case in point, allen iverson and larry hughes had some amazing steal #'s but would get cooked on defense. Javon McGee block numbers great but is a bonehead on defense.
and bruce bowen regarded as a top defender all time, had barely any steal numbers.

Maybe Jim should submit questions he wants to answer. You can’t ask about end game situations- he storms off. You can’t ask about obvious personnel matters.

What’s left? Where are you eating after the game?
and worse yet his quip on Syracuse. For a guy who claims to "love" CNY, thinks it's the "best place in the country" he sure did well to have the whole country see his slam and stupidly unfair generalization of Syracuse, which was picked up nationally.

Thanks for nothing coach! I'm at the point where enough is enough, just can no longer support/defend the guy, in any way. I'm done. Hey Coach...
caddyshack-danny.gif

Last edited:
We had Winfred Walton coming in the next year - I’m guessing he was scared off by him? Also, Ryan Blackwell though he had to sit out that year.
Winfred 'The Weapon' Walton.

Does Idris Price have any eligibility left?

and worse yet his quip on Syracuse. For a guy who claims to "love" CNY, thinks it's the "best place in the country" he sure did well to have the whole country see his slam and stupidly unfair generalization of Syracuse, which was picked up nationally.

Thanks for nothing coach! I'm at the point where enough is enough, just can no longer support/defend the guy, in any way. I'm done. Hey Coach...
caddyshack-danny.gif
We’re getting the sad, bummer of an ending that we feared would happen if he hung on too long. It sucks.

LOL that's like saying getting blocks or getting steals = you're good at defense...ummm NO

case in point, allen iverson and larry hughes had some amazing steal #'s but would get cooked on defense. Javon McGee block numbers great but is a bonehead on defense.
and bruce bowen regarded as a top defender all time, had barely any steal numbers.

Thanks for supporting my opinion of some of the advanced metrics.

Taylor has a plus skill plus he moves nicely off the ball. He's a kid to keep happy.

Those Ajak #s make my eyes bleed.
Maybe JB was simply delivering a message at the time to the young freshmen, do a good job in practice then play in the game. Of course all is based on whether he thinks you are ready to play!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom