So... Did Benny end up going to practice? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

So... Did Benny end up going to practice?

Kids are a lot cooler with that stuff that uptight adults.
I guess core values like loyalty and camaraderie aren't what they used to be.
Benny is done in my book. He either returned so that he wouldn't have to return NIL money, and/or because someone explained to his team that there's no point in leaving during the middle of the season.

Because they didn’t have Walton.
Doubt it, now that I look at how bad they were. 13 losses was a big deal back then, and that Great Alaska Shootout debacle was the absolute worst.

As I recall, Walton was good, but not great for Tark. Maybe he would have been more successful at SU, No way to know.

Kids are a lot cooler with that stuff that uptight adults. Its interesting. We have had players miss games for questionable (or worse) conduct, and are welcomed back with open arms. Here is a kid who by all accounts is a fine young man, not a bad actor, whose career hasn't gone how anyone thought it would. He lost his starting job and he said hey coach, I need a day or two to gather myself, and people are bashing him. SMH.
Not all accounts. Not anymore. What he did on Monday was a bad act, one of a few too many the past several games.

Hart
Janulis
Cipolla
Burgan
Walton
Hill

Would’ve made for a nice Main 6. Etan was raw, but you could do a lot worse at backup C. Too bad Rock didn’t really get in the picture. 98 team could’ve been great with him as a soph.
I was trying to think who Walton would have taken time from, Burgan? Cipolla? Probably Burgan as he had that 7 game suspension? Real kick in the nards after being a big part of the huge success of the prior 2 seasons.

And, I am also forgetting what became of Rock. I remember high expectations. ... That's right, he transferred to Long Beach State and was a stud.

Doubt it, now that I look at how bad they were. 13 losses was a big deal back then, and that Great Alaska Shootout debacle was the absolute worst.

As I recall, Walton was good, but not great for Tark. Maybe he would have been more successful at SU, No way to know.
We’ll always have the McNabb game against Georgetown.

Keep in mind Burgan missed 7 games.

That was the biggest reason for a couple losses.

It’s probably a 21-11 team with Burgan all year and a 23-9 team with Walton too. Front court would’ve been monstrous, and with Walton there to play the 4, Burgan could’ve probably helped even more with the ball handling - which the freshman Hart needed.

Burgan ended up mostly playing the 4 out of necessity.

I was trying to think who Walton would have taken time from, Burgan? Cipolla? Probably Burgan as he had that 7 game suspension? Real kick in the nards after being a big part of the huge success of the prior 2 seasons.

And, I am also forgetting what became of Rock. I remember high expectations. ... That's right, he transferred to Long Beach State and was a stud.
I’d say Cipolla/Janulis. Burgan plays his natural 3 spot a lot more.

Janulis would have come off the bench.

Not all accounts. Not anymore. What he did on Monday was a bad act, one of a few too many the past several games.
I’ve seen nothing positive all year in terms of how he’s acted.

Getting a technical freaking out about a foul not being called in a blowout with 30 seconds left - selfish. He just wanted two more points. Sitting and pouting on the bench and ignoring the huddle multiple times. All bad and it makes the mentality obvious.

Keep in mind Burgan missed 7 games.

That was the biggest reason for a couple losses.

It’s probably a 21-11 team with Burgan all year and a 23-9 team with Walton too. Front court would’ve been monstrous, and with Walton there to play the 4, Burgan could’ve probably helped even more with the ball handling - which the freshman Hart needed.

Burgan ended up mostly playing the 4 out of necessity.
Yeah, it was an undersized zone and we struggled with rebounding. Walton would have solved those problems.

That loss to Kentucky was ugly, but not all that surprising. Hart wasn’t ready for that stage.

Yeah, it was an undersized zone and we struggled with rebounding. Walton would have solved those problems.

That loss to Kentucky was ugly, but not all that surprising. Hart wasn’t ready for that stage.

While the previous loss to Kentucky, albeit being a loaded team was BS given the 5th foul call on Jdub.

In interviews when Rock's son was being recruited, he mentioned that he came into SU fat and didn't work hard. But at least he eventually got it together, even if it wasn't at SU,

While the previous loss to Kentucky, albeit being a loaded team was BS given the 5th foul call on Jdub.
I was there. That team left everything out on the court.

And it was a crazy season. Not many could have predicted a Final Four run in January or February. I remember a friend going on and on about the 1996 recruiting class and how great we were going to be, as if the current season was all but over.

He was at the title game, too.

In interviews when Rock's son was being recruited, he mentioned that he came into SU fat and didn't work hard. But at least he eventually got it together, even if it wasn't at SU,
Yeah, he definitely didn’t live up to his nickname.

Which is too bad because he was highly touted and later showed why.

I remember the last Dome game of the year against Pitt he came off the bench and gave a big spark offensively, and it made me wonder why that didn’t happen all year long.

Maybe on BS 13-10 teams with no expectations of winning, or teams with a lot of soft, entitled candy ass kids.

Pull that on the wrong team and kids would want to fight him.
Don’t hurt your knuckles dragging them on the ground.

And it was a crazy season. Not many could have predicted a Final Four run in January or February. I remember a friend going on and on about the 1996 recruiting class and how great we were going to be, as if the current season was all but over.

Yeah we had a watch party with about 30 other cuse fans from NEPA and the southern tier for that game. I remember when we had cut it to 2... and just uggh.

Jason was raw, but talented. He had more charging fouls than anyone I remember

Virginia did not have a bigger player on him, although they occasionaslly doubled him with a big. Faster, probably Joe is no Flash.
I was looking more over the last several games but you are correct UVA's man was not bigger than Joe. Not sure about doubling Joe since most the doubles I saw were against Jesse.

If we play anyone other than Kentucky in the 96 final, I’m convinced we win. They were the best team perhaps in that decade.

Wallace was going to Danny Manning us to a title otherwise. His Sr season was ridiculous. That baseline spin move was sick.

Isn't that pure speculation? I could think of at least three or four legitimate issues that it could seemingly be (injury/illness, academics, family situation).

Connor McCaffrey just stepped away from Iowa's program for six games due to his mental health before coming back last night. But, not everything is going to be that transparent.
That would be Patrick McCaffrey, not his older brother Connor.

I remember after the title game, being convinced that Burgan would keep getting better and be John Wallace level as a Senior, and the stud incoming 5 man freshman class would all be ready as a sophomores to help him win it all.

Teenage optimism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom