So much for a drama less season - ugh!!!! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

So much for a drama less season - ugh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have studied law, & I am telling you, if a suspect walks away from a private security officer, the only thing that security guard can do is report the incident & call the police. They have NO legal right to detain the suspect. If the suspect is stupid enough to stick around & wait for a police officer, they are foolish.
If someone commits a crime in the presence of another, that person may be detained by that person, security guard or not. Reasonable use of force is allowed if the suspect resists. Here's one source to back that up, but there are many others. I can find absolutely nothing to support what you said. As for your other comment about "doing and saying anything" to bust a suspect...that's laughable, and I'm shaking my head over it.

If you like, feel free to put your theory to the test. Walk into a store sometime and ask for security. Inform them you are going to shoplift and do so in their presence. Refuse to "volunteer" to be apprehended when they attempt to do so. After you are forcibly detained, see how long it takes for your lawsuit to be dismissed.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/authority-of-security-guards.html

This is also a front runner for worst movie ever:

BE.jpg

If someone commits a crime in the presence of another, that person may be detained by that person, security guard or not. Reasonable use of force is allowed if the suspect resists. Here's one source to back that up, but there are many others. I can find absolutely nothing to support what you said. As for your other comment about "doing and saying anything" to bust a suspect...that's laughable, and I'm shaking my head over it.

If you like, feel free to put your theory to the test. Walk into a store sometime and ask for security. Inform them you are going to shoplift and do so in their presence. Refuse to "volunteer" to be apprehended when they attempt to do so. After you are forcibly detained, see how long it takes for your lawsuit to be dismissed.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/authority-of-security-guards.html

Mantonio, do it with a video camera too so you can come off as one of those awesome freedom fighters that tries to "expose" (read:incite) police brutality...

Mantonio, do it with a video camera too so you can come off as one of those awesome freedom fighters that tries to "expose" (read:incite) police brutality...

THIS... is freakin' classic.

Caddyshack II - maybe not be the absolute worst movie ever, but definitely the worst Sequel - especially if you don't count the one good Chevy Chase Line "Have you ever seen a crisp $50 Bill"

Not to get off topic more than what has already occurred. But anyone who doesn't have Open Water as their worst movie of all time, or at least top 5...hasn't seen Open Water.

Not to get off topic more than what has already occurred. But anyone who doesn't have Open Water as their worst movie of all time, or at least top 5...hasn't seen Open Water.

The picture is not a fake. I know the man who arrested MCW, he is actually 6'8" and MCW was in handcuffs and did steal. Def not right this should not go unnoticed.

Caddyshack II - maybe not the absolute worst movie ever, but definitely the worst Sequel - especially if you don't count the one good Chevy Chase Line "Have you ever seen a crisp $50 Bill"
I have to agree with this. This is the worst movie I've ever seen.

The picture is not a fake. I know the man who arrested MCW, he is actually 6'8" and MCW was in handcuffs and did steal. Def not right this should not go unnoticed.

since this is your first post, I think we are required to not notice it.

I believe you because this is your first ever post .

Unfortunately for some company policies this may not go public as well as the fact no criminal charges were pressed against MCW. The public should be aware that a national star basketball player did commit a crime and got extremely lucky. I just posted to let people know that the picture is not a fake and to stop whatever rumors are floating around.

Ok, let's say you are legit...what you want to happen?

Probation?
Jail time?
Public caning?

Unfortunately for some company policies this may not go public as well as the fact no criminal charges were pressed against MCW. The public should be aware that a national star basketball player did commit a crime and got extremely lucky. I just posted to let people know that the picture is not a fake and to stop whatever rumors are floating around.

Up to two posts now - you just doubled your credibility!

so how did you randomly come about this website to "clear the air"

Hi little fella. I think you got lost. Here, I'll help guide you home.

Hey look, a troll from another fanbase! Isn't it cute!

what did he steal since you know so much about this

Stop the rumors? You are the one trying to add to the rumor.

Thank god for the little people like yourself, informing the public what you think you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.