So now we wait on the roster | Syracusefan.com

So now we wait on the roster

Battle almost certainly will test the waters - will he stay or go?
Does Oshae test the waters?
Does Marek stay in the U.S.?

If at least two of those guys are back... We will be very good.

Jesus. At least 2? Your are gonna give me a heart attack. I am already penciling in 2.85 of them coming back.

If all 3 came back, we'd have "Duke in a great year" talent and "mid-major" experience.

Of course, I have zero expectations of all 3 coming back.

I think Battle impressed tonight on a BIG stage. I now would be shocked if he's back.

Dolezaj has the ability to get to the NBA with another season or two.

OB has a lot of $$$ reasons to come back. High-Mid Lottery Pick vs Late 1st/2nd Round Pick is a big deal.

Oh and one more point (and could actually depend on what the 3 guys listed in my OP end up doing) - does the staff try to add another player, whether a recruit or xfer?

Kind of surprised this Oshae stuff keeps coming up. He’s not a top 50 prospect. I think we are shell shocked from previous years.
I agree, but it's conceivable that if he has right (er, wrong) noise in his ears he could be pushed to test the waters and then if he grades out super high, all bets are off...

I agree, but it's conceivable that if he has right (er, wrong) noise in his ears he could be pushed to test the waters and then if he grades out super high, all bets are off...

Yeah I don’t see it. You could say that about
Any player.

I also don’t see Marek leaving.

Why come to the states for one year?

Cuselifer started the rumor he would leave and he hasn’t posted in months.

If all 3 came back, we'd have "Duke in a great year" talent and "mid-major" experience.

Of course, I have zero expectations of all 3 coming back.

I think Battle impressed tonight on a BIG stage. I now would be shocked if he's back.

Dolezaj has the ability to get to the NBA with another season or two.

OB has a lot of $$$ reasons to come back. High-Mid Lottery Pick vs Late 1st/2nd Round Pick is a big deal.
Realistically, Marek needs to put on 50 pounds before he can hang in the NBA. Most likely a long career in Europe though. No reason he doesn’t stay and get a degree at SU. Will be a great glue guy for the next three years.

Kind of surprised this Oshae stuff keeps coming up. He’s not a top 50 prospect. I think we are shell shocked from previous years.
I disagree in the point of Brissett is awesome as a frosh. Hope he teams with Bazely. Warrick and Anthony again. Marek as 6 th man.

We've been burnt with the year too early exits lately (what if Tyler Lydon was playing tonight?), but this team will be a non worry tournament team next year even if both Battle and Brissett go. If neither does though, holy crap this team is loaded.

Realistically, Marek needs to put on 50 pounds before he can hang in the NBA. Most likely a long career in Europe though. No reason he doesn’t stay and get a degree at SU. Will be a great glue guy for the next three years.
Yea, we'll have to see what the S&C program can do for him. I can definitely see him as a Stretch 4 in the NBA after his Junior year provided he can shoot the 3 and gets bigger.

I have to say I think that was battle’s best game all year tonight conisidering the stage and the competition. Didn’t force it, shot well and played a really strong, mature, controlled game. That said I still don’t see nba written on him until he shoots consistently. So it may be a tougher decision than some previous guys.

I have to say I think that was battle’s best game all year tonight conisidering the stage and the competition. Didn’t force it, shot well and played a really strong, mature, controlled game. That said I still don’t see nba written on him until he shoots consistently. So it may be a tougher decision than some previous guys.
The thing with Battle is a lot of people, myself included, think he will lock dudes down in M2M. His defensive ability will improve his draft stock, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom