So @Wake is now a must win | Syracusefan.com

So @Wake is now a must win

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Not really too soon to state it. Winning at Wake is now an absolute must if we have any hope of making the Dance.

Autry’s lineups were awful. Just awful.

The zone on inbounds is making me pull the hair of my head. It’s an auto open 3
Going to lose a lot of faith if he can't start Copeland with Mintz and Starling. I think Benny starting over bell would help a ton as well.

Watch Taylor and Bell actually contribute if they have to come off the bench.

We are not making the dance even if we beat Wake. You’ve seen this team. We are not beating UNC and we will be likely to beat Clemson once. This is an NIT team
Currently I agree, but they can still play their way into the conversation if they win at Wake. If they lose on Saturday the season is basically toast.

Not really too soon to state it. Winning at Wake is now an absolute must if we have any hope of making the Dance.
As long as Red is determined to start Bell, and Taylor, this is a bad team. 5 players need to get 25+ minutes a game and none of them is Bell or Taylor.
Judah, JJ, Brown, Copeland, and Benny should start . Copeland should run the point, with Judah, JJ, should outside options with Benny for midrange.

As long as Red is determined to start Bell, and Taylor, this is a bad team. 5 players need to get 25+ minutes a game and none of them is Bell or Taylor.
Judah, JJ, Brown, Copeland, and Benny should start . Copeland should run the point, with Judah, JJ, should outside options with Benny for midrange.
I don't mind Bell starting. And I'm not a big Bell fan. But if he comes out and hits a 3, he is usually off to the races. At least there is that chance

Going to lose a lot of faith if he can't start Copeland with Mintz and Starling. I think Benny starting over bell would help a ton as well.

Watch Taylor and Bell actually contribute if they have to come off the bench.
that Hima/Benny/Bell/Cuffe/JJ lineup was the first time I felt like Red was overthinking this. It was clear that lineup couldn’t score and I think they immediately gave up 7-0 run

I think…playing devils advocate…it shows we just don’t have the depth. We got like 3.5 guys that show up every game. Not going to get it done

I don't mind Bell starting. And I'm not a big Bell fan. But if he comes out and hits a 3, he is usually off to the races. At least there is that chance
Most games his lack of anything puts us in a hole. Let him come off the bench the only thing he can do is shoot three's.
Copeland gets the offense going, plays defense, rebounds and can draw fouls.

No one is talking about this. People called for this starting lineup for weeks and we saw it for the whole second half. And they didn’t win.

I give red credit - he played Q and Benny and sat Bell and Taylor for most of the 2H - but we lost and it wasn’t res ally close at the end

No one is talking about this. People called for this starting lineup for weeks and we saw it for the whole second half. And they didn’t win.

I give red credit - he played Q and Benny and sat Bell and Taylor for most of the 2H - but we lost and it wasn’t res ally close at the end
Things went south in the 2nd half the entire time Taylor was on the floor.

Sad how poorly JAB managed the program over the past 7 or 8 years to fall back to the point where making the NIT is seen as progress.

It is what it is and where we are at.

Red with Judah to the NIT was what I was hoping for as a minimum year 1 before the season.

The team defense switch has been intriguing and we are often a fun team to watch (that needs to be said.)

The basketball is so much more watchable and I am hopeful that Red can manage this program going forward.

I am glass half full.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom